Chapter 7- Birthday Wish

Letters to U-kiss

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kevin's POV

Finally things were somewhat quieting down now that all the promotional activities and things were done. It seemed like we were getting a ton more fans now that Man Man Ha Ni came out. So much so that we now had extra security personnel when we came and left practices, concerts, or our other activities. Fangirls would scream and throw things at us, thankfully usually soft stuff, but still there was next to no peace and quiet except at the dorms.

Fan mail and gifts were piling up too! Some things were nice and other things.....well let's not go there.I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to as easily get Hana's letters anymore with all of the fan mail, but since it came addressed directly to our dorms I hoped it wouldn't be a problem. So far so good, but if any fans get a hold of our address I might have to get a P.O. Box.

I took her letter from the mail pile to my room and closed the door. Plopping onto my bed I slit open the envelope with my finger carelessly. "Ouch!" 'Darn you paper cuts.' I thought as I on my finger scowling and then I pulled out the letter.

'I was glad to hear that Hana's school was going well, but it's a little hard to relate since I hadn't done anything school related since high school. An invisible hug eh?! She's silly! So, Hana is dating that Matt guy after all. I hope she doesn't get her heart broken.  She liked my hair red.' I thought as I ran my hand through my blond tresses, 'Well for now she'll have to put up with the blonde, but I have to agree with her -the red's better. She found POPS in Seoul? Drats, now she'll see me and my friends acting like dorks.' I scowled a bit at that and then read on 'She thought I'd forgotten the water basketball and diving board jumping contests?! How could I forget! They were some of my favorite childhood memories.' I smirked. 'Hana wants to know what my favorite beach is here. Hmm..I'll have to think about that. So, her sis is going to ask Deanna to be a bridesmaid and invite our family -cool! Maybe I'll be able to go and see Hana then. I'll try not to spill the beans, but I can't promise 100%. She remembered how much I like cheesecake.'

Reading Hana's letter cheered me up again, but I was worried about her dating that Matt guy -'What if he breaks her heart? What would or could I do about it? I guess I can only wait and see.'  I lay on my bed for a while after "digesting" what I read. My stomach grumbled, so I went and made myself some ramen before I started my letter back to her. Eli must have been playing computer games with Dongho because they were nowhere to be seen. Xander and Kibum were watching TV. Soohyun was munching while listening to his I-pod and Kiseop must have been exercising in his room -that guy never takes a break.

November 14, 2009

Dear Hana,

Thanks for the hug! Just getting letters from you has really made my days brighter. I took your advice and ate some cheesecake, once I found some, and it did really help. I remember how whenever I was upset you would bring me your mom's goodies, but you always tried to sneak over my favorite treat! I still remember  the time when you were smuggling me several cheesecake cupcakes in a bucket and your mom almost caught you when she tried to look in the bucket. You then lied and told her we were making indestructible mud castles and she couldn't see the secret ingredient. Looking back I don't think she really believed you, but she let it slide.

My favorite beach in Korea would have to be Eurwangni beach because the scenery is beautiful and the sunsets are pretty amazing -seeing one there is a must! How could I forget our crazy games of basketball and diving board contests. Do you remember the time we sprayed Deanna and Jae with pool noodles when they were trying to be cool and sun-bathe? They thought it had started raining at first, but then they got super mad at us when they figured it out. Ah, those were the days. 

How did you like our new music video? How did you like my blond hair? I'm not too keen on it, so don't worry I'll be back to red hair soon -if our stylists will let me that is.  Did you buy or download our CD? If you didn't and even if you did I sent along a signed one for your saeng-il. I had all the guys sign it, so I hope you like it! Saengil chukha hamnida Hana! Me and Xander are also going to be singing a song for the Brave Brothers mini album that's coming out soon too. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

Over here Man Man Ha Ni has really upped our popularity in the past week. The company has even had to assign us extra security personnel when leaving practice, events, or even our dorms. It's crazy how loud the fangirls can scream and yell. Sometimes I just want to yell at them to be quiet, but I just smile and wave instead. Not to mention most of the time they throw stuffed animals and things at us too -I'm just glad they don't throw bricks or baseballs!

So, you found our other show POPS in Seoul too. I was kind of hoping you wouldn't, since we kind of act like dorks on it. I'm glad you're enjoying it even though it's kind of embarrassing. Pretty soon we'll be starting to film for our new variety show "U-KISS Vampire", which should be interesting. I can't really tell you any more than that because I'll spoil it for you and they haven't given us too many details yet.

I haven't spilled the beans about Jae to my sister yet, but I hope she will find out soon. That way I don't have to worry about it any more. Hopefully I'll be able to take some time off and come for your eonni's wedding, but unfortunately our schedule gets pretty crazy in summer. I'd love to be able to visit with you and spend time with your family.

Your Chingu,

-Kevin

Hanna's POV

"Hana wake up!" said Mary shaking me.

I groaned and rolled over "What?! My alarm hasn't gone off yet."

"It already did," she said matter of factly "and you're going to be late for your exam if you don't get up now!."

I shot up and looked at the clock. 'That's great, just great!' groggily got up, changed, and grabbed a bagel on my way out of the door. Today was my first midterm and you couldn't be late. I ran down the hallways and barely made it to my classroom before they locked the doors. "How nice of you to join us Miss Lee." my professor said a little sarcastically as I took my usual seat -on the far side of the room next to the window and a couple of rows from the front- and sat there huffing for a minute. The teacher started explaining how the test would work and handed out the papers. Then it was just us and the clock to contend with.

That evening I got a small package from Kevin. Curiously I opened it thinking 'What in the world did he send me?' I opened the box and opened his letter first, since it was sitting on top, and the other object was wrapped up in paper. I happily read his letter until the part where he said "....I sent along a signed one". Then I dove right in and excitedly unwrapped the CD.  I squealed a bit when I saw all the autographs & the message from kevin 'Happy Birthday Hana! Hwaiting on your exams!' There was also a package of chocolate Pepero.  'Aww how sweet! He remembered my birthday!' I thought to myself even though it wasn't that hard for him or surprising that he remembered because we shared a birthday.

Suddenly my lights flicked out "Hey! What's going on? Mary?" I said turning around because I had been sitting with my back to the door. Mary, Matt, and a bunch of my friends all smiling were standing behind me with a cake full of candles. Then they started singing "Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Hana, Happy birthday to you...." I walked over and blew out the candles and made a wish 'I wish Kevin would visit or that I could visit him.' Everyone clapped, the cake was cut, and then was distributed to everyone who had taken up a seat on the floor, chairs, or anywhere they could find. I smiled enjoying my slice and thinking to myself 'this was a better birthday than I expected.'

Chapter Glossary

*eonni-언니  Older sister from a female (I'm not sure if Kevin would use that instead of Noona, but either way you get my jist)

Saengil-생일 Birthday

Saengil Chukha Hamnida-생일축하합니다  Happy birthday

Chukha- 축하  celebration

Hamnida- 합니다 - The or is

Hwaiting-화이팅- Fighting (you can do it!)