Chapter 21- How dare you?

Letters to U-kiss

Hana's POV

"Hey Hana. Hey Mary. How are you doing?" my spine prickled when I heard Kris' voice. 'How dare he try to talk to us after what he did.' shot through my mind and before I knew it my short temper was in fine display. 

"How dare you talk to us after what you did?" I angrily spouted at him, which made him look anxious and flustered because of course people were looking at us. "Do you think Mary would be like this if you hadn't cheated, lied, and heartlessly broke up with her? If I had known you weren't the nice guy I thought you were I'd have kicked you out of her life a long time ago. I'll make sure you never hurt my best friend again and I...."

"Hana, stop....." Mary hissed cutting me off "let's go." she said. Quite a crowd of people had gathered to watch the scene I had created scolding Mary's ex.

As she pulled me away from giving Kris more of his scolding I heard him say "I'm sorry....I guess I shouldn't have asked, but I'm glad you two seem to be doing okay......" We kept walking and I could hear Mary sniffling as she pulled me along. After we reached the far side of the mall Mary started crying a river, so I made her sit down on a bench. I offered her kleenexes from my purse and rubbed her arm as I sat silently hugging her quaking shoulders.

People stared as the passed by, and some looked like they wanted to help but didn't know how. A lady came up to us and handed me some candies "Take these, these always make me feel better." I nodded and thanked her as she walked away. A server from a cafe in the mall came up and handed me a cup of tea saying "Here's your order!" "We didn't order anything?" I said puzzled. "It's on the house." the stranger winked at us. 

I handed the tea to Mary as her sobbing started to subside and was regaining composure. "Mary, you should have breakdowns in public more -look at all the things people gave you for free." I teased. She shot me an exasperated look. "What?! You know I got my dad's sense of humor." I retorted. "You sure did. Want some tea?" she asked. "No thanks, I'm still full from our cafe trip earlier." I declined. "Come on Hana help me drink it -I'm full too." she said trying to force it back into my hands.

"No........." I said hiding my hands in my pockets

"Yes........." she said dangerously sloshing it around over my lap trying to make me take it.

"No. Stop. Fine you're going to spill it all over me if I don't say yes." I said taking the cup and drinking a sip.

"Are you okay now?" I asked and she nodded yes in reply. "Sorry if I embarassed you or went overboard, but I don't want to see you hurt like that again." I apologized. "No, it's okay. He deserved what you told him and I didn't have the guts to tell him off like you did." she said with a sigh. "Good. I never I thought I'd hear you say that you didn't have the guts to tell someone something." I raised my brows with a smirk."Oh, it happens more often than you think Hana. Although I'm glad I don't because it would get me in trouble a lot more." she said. seriously.

Kris' POV

My cousin Talia had come to visit and was bored out of her wits a my parents' house, so we decided to go hang out at the mall. Her family hadn't come to visit us in vriginia, since we were kids so it was fun catching up with her and seeing my Aunt and uncle. Talia was in high school, so it was kind of wierd hanging out with her but I was used to it from being around Mary's family.

"Where should we go first Talia?" I asked as we walked into the mall. "Maurices -they have such cute clothes and I need to update my wardrobe for the new year." she happily chattered as she linked arms with me. "Okay, but you need to help me pick out a present for someone." I replied. "Deal!" she said as she happily started skipping along a little bit as we walked along.

Thankfully Mary had prepared me for the ammount of time girls spend trying things on and admiring while shopping, because Talia was as bad as or worse. She'd take an armload of things in the dressing room, and ask my opinion on a few items here or there. A couple times she pouted when I told her no, but I knew her parents wouldn't approve of a super short mini skirt or a shirt showing a ton of cleavage.

For the present I told her what the person liked and their favorite color. I knew that they loved jewelry, but it couldn't be too cutesy or moderm -something more contemporary without being too contemporary. It had to be special, but I didn't know what. Talia held up a pair of swirly flower earrings "How about these?" "Too delicate and simple" I said shaking my head.

"How about this necklace?" she asked holding up one with roughly cut polished pink stones connected by gold. "Not quite -a little too girly." I said shaking my head. "What about this?" she asked holding up a brown mosaic bangle bracelet. "That looks more like her, but I think we'll have to look somewhere else for a gift. Let's go to a jewerly store."

"Are you sure?" she asked me. "Yeah, none of these are right and she's worth it." I replied with a sigh. "Well the let's go find a jewelry store. Do they have a Jared here?" she asked. "Yeah, why?" I said puzzled. "No reason really, but I think it would be cute to be like the comercials that say 'He went to Jared!' and have her be all excited." she said smiling. "You're silly Talia! But we can go there........" I trailed off when I saw two familiar heads walking in front of us.

Seeming to sense that I wanted to go on alone Talia said she wanted to go into Wet Seal for a couple minutes and I could go ahead and meet her at the jewelry store. Smiling I walked quickly to catch up with Mary and Hana. That's when things went south.

I stood dumfounded while Hana coldly gave me her lecture and Mary stood silently looking like she could cry any second. 'Those two have really changed recently. Mary seems more reserved, while Hana's become more bold. It's interesting how being apart makes you see people you knew well in a new light -a strange an erie one.' I wanted to run after them when they left, but I felt like it would make things worse, so I stood there like an idiot.

A dozen or so strangers gave me icy stares, as they moved on from watching the little scene that was created. ' Will I ever be able to talk to them again civily? Hana hates my guts as bad as or worse than Mary, and I'm the last guy Mary's parents would ever let get close to her again. I really messed up, but now can I ever make things right?' I thought miserably until I heard Talia chirp "Hey Cous!"

"Things didn't go very well I take it?" she asked seeing me standing there glumly. I shook my head "Maybe I should wait on the present Talia. Let's go home." "No, let's go look at Jared -I want to look there even if you don't and then we can go home." she pouted. "Fine...." I sighed "it's a deal."

We looked around the store and Talia ooh and awwed over pretty much everything in the store. "Hey Kris look at this one!" she cried excitedly as she pointed to a ring. Not really expecting to find anything I walked over to see, but my jaw nearly dropped "It's perfect." A diamond four petal flower was suspended between two curves that curled gracefully into the spaces in between the top and side petals and the bottom and side petals -girly but not too girly, modern but not too modern, and contemporary yet not. "I knew you'd say that! She'll love it Kris." said Talia happily. 

Even though it was almost $250, and I had classes to pay for next semester, I bought it anyways like a fool -a fool desperately in love with a person that they had foolishly hurt. 

Meanwhile in Korea

Norae's POV

A few days after having dinner with the Woo's I got a text on my phone from Kevin. Thankfully I didn't totally fangirl in public, but I was sure close.

'Annyeong Norae. Want to hang out with us sometime this week?' 

'Eonje would work for you?' I excitedly texted back.

'Eoddheoke about Sunday bam? We don't have anything on our schedule then atm.' 

'Sure that would be great. Eodi are we meeting?' I asked curious to see what he'd say.

'Eoddheoke Trick Eye Museum in Hongdae 6pm?' he asked me.

'Sure, I'll see you there Sunday at 6pm.' I said happily -I had been to the museum before, but I didn't mind going again especially when I could hang out with THE KEVIN.

'Great, see you then! Gotta go now -Annyeong ^.^' 

Kevin's POV
I had texted Norae while riding to an interview we had for our album coming soon. Now, I just had to ask the guys and see if they want to come on Sunday.....
 
later that evening at the dorm I asked all the guys as we came in "Anyone want to go to the Trick Eye Museum in Hongade with me and a friend on Sunday?"
 
"Is it a guy or a girl?" asked Soohyun.
 
"Ne." I answered like a smart Alec.
 
"Yah, Kevin you know what I meant." said Soohyun with a groan.
 
"Maybe, maybe not." I playfully replied.
 
"Stop it Kevin and tell me already!" he exclaimed a bit annoyed.
 
"Okay, okay! Yes, it's a girl, no I'm not dating her, and no you can't date her." I longwindedly answered.
 
"I see...." said Soohyun smugly
 
"So, do you guys want to come?" I asked.
 
"Sure, I'm free sunday." said Soohyun.
 
"Me too! I've been wanting to see that museum for a while now" said Eli.
 
"I want to go too!" Xander and Dongho exclaimed together, which cracked all of us up.
 
"I'll probably come along, but not go to the museum. I want to take pictures of hongdae." said Kiseop. 
 
"I might come, but I want to go swimming sometime and that might be my only chance for a while." Said Kibum
 
"Great! I'm sure you guys will like meeting Norae-ssi as much as she wants to meet you -she's a big fan of us." I said happily. This weekend was going to be a lot of fun! 
 
Chapter glossary
eonje- 언제- when?
Bam- 밤- Night
Eoddhoeke- 어떻게- How?
Eodi- 어디- Where?
 
*Golly peeps! Sorry again for not updating like I said I was going to -I really should stop promising you things and then not following through with them. My excuse for this time was that I got sick the day I was going to work on it and never got back around to working on it. -New job, school, and another project I've been working on are all keeping me busy :P Hopefully I'll be updating sooner rather than later, but this time I'm not promising you anything ;) I sure hope you enjoyed this and that I didn't bore you! <3 ~AA
 
*hehe edited this when I realized I wrote Donghae instead of Dongho XD Working on the next chapter now, so stay tuned lovelies.....