Chapter 53- The big day

Letters to U-kiss

Hana's POV

I let Kevin know what my plan was as soon as I knew what was going on.

"Hey Kevin!"

"Hey Hana! How are you doing?"

"Good. I'm breaking up with Matt on Saturday and then leaving for California that afternoon."

"Phew! I'm glad you're getting this over sooner rather than later."

"Me too."

"Are you staying with Dea or my parents?"

"Both actually, Dea told them I was coming for a visit and they wanted to have me stay over at their place while Dea was gone for a couple days."

"I'm excited for you! I wish I could be there with you all."

"Don't pout! I'm sure I'll get to see you sometime soon and maybe we can skype sometime."

"Yeah, maybe when you're by Dea or my parents we can all skype together."

"That would be fun! I'm sure your parents and Dea miss having you around."

"Yep, it was really hard being away from them at first, but you get more used to it as time goes on. Plus, my mom visited me for a couple months this winter."

"I remember you mentioning that! You liked that a lot."

"Yeah." 

"How's show business treating you these days?"

"Pretty good. Keeping me plenty busy as always."

"I can imagine. Are you guys coming to the US anytime soon?"

"Not that I'm aware of at the moment."

"Awwwww, I'd love to see you in concert someday."

"I'd love to have you come to one someday too."

"Yeah...."

"I'll let you know if I ever hear we're coming to the US okay?"

"That would be fantastic!"

He chuckled.

"What?"

"I can 'see' how excited you are by your voice."

"Oh really? What do I look like then?"

"Hmmmm well since you're sitting down you're probably swinging your legs over the edge of the bed and swaying back and forth too."

"How did you?"

"I know everything about you muahahahaha." he said in a mock creepy voice.

"You've never grown up have you Kev?" I said rolling my eyes.

"Just enough that I'm taller than I used to be."

"More like miles taller than you used to be, but seriously how did you know what I was doing?"

"Just a hunch from how you used to act when you were excited as a kid."

"You remember that much?"

"Yep! I remember almost everything we did together when we were kids."

"I wish I could say the same, my memory doesn't always work the best." I said with a frown.

"It's okay Hana, I'll just remember everything for you so we can relive the memories together."

"Golly Kev, you get cheesier all the time."

"I like cheese."

"So do I, but pretty soon you're going to be cheese overload."

"Would you mind?"

"I don't know? Probably not?"

"Well, I'll try to keep the cheese down, but if I do, we might end up with a cheesy volcano!"

"Now you're getting corny too." I giggled.

"Do you like corn?"

"Yes?"

"Then I can be as corny as I want."

"Kevinnnnnnnnnn." I groaned.

"Okay, I'll stop the cheese and the corn for today."

"Thanks anymore and I would puke from the combination."

"No puking allowed okay?"

"Well I can't garuntee, but I'll try."

"Good........I need to go now, but talk to me soon okay?"

"Okay, have a nice day Kev!"

"Have sweet dreams!"

"Thanks Kev! Bye bye!"

"Bye."

The Big Day

I told Matt I'd meet him at a cafe on the edge of downtown. Mary was riding along with my mom & I in our car.

"Are you nervous?" Mary asked.

"A little, but I'm glad you two could come with."

"You'll do fine -just be your strong normal self Hana okay?"

"Okay mommy."

"Do you know what you're going to say?"

"I think so. Jae told me something short and to the point would be best."

"Yeah, do you want me to keep the car running?" asked my mom.

"No, I think I'll have time to come out without needing you to Mario Andretti out of here."

"Okay, if you change your mind once we get there let me know."

"Okay."

We pulled into the parking lot next to the cafe.

"Are you ready?" Mary asked.

I took a deep breath. "I hope so."

"Let me pray for you before you go." said my mom looking over at me.

"Okay."

"God, give my Nana the strength to stand up for herself and give her the words to say to Matt. Keep her from harm's way and may your will be done through all of this. Amen."

"Amen." echoed Mary and I both.

"I love you." I told my mom.

"I love you too Nana."

"I love you too Mary."

"I love you to pieces Hana!"

"See you later! I'll be back soon."

I took another deep breath and walked purposefully towards the cafe. I walked in the doors and quickly spotted Matt sitting at one of the tables. I walked over and sat accross from him.

"Hey baby." he said smiling.

"Hey."

"Want me to order something for you?"

"No, I'm okay. Mary made me drink a bunch of coffee this morning." 

"Awww that's too bad." he said seemingly unkowing that I was lying to him about the coffee.

"Did you order?"

"No, I was waiting for you."

'Do I tell him now or should I wait until after he orders something?' I wondered.'I guess now's better and that way I won't chicken out.'

"Matt......"

"What is it?"

"I want to end us."

"Why?" he said with a look of anger on his face.

"This just isn't working for me anymore."

He was silent for a moment "Why now?"

"Why not?" I retorted

"You love me. I love you. We make the perfect couple. Don't you want your friends and parents to see you get married?"

"Yes, my parents and friends want me to get married eventually, but to the right guy and I don't think you're the one for me. I don't love you anymore."

"What did I do?"

"You changed."

"I'll change however you want me to if you stay with me!"

"No, Matt. If you're willing to change everything about you for a girl, then that girl's the wrong girl for you."

"What if she is, but just doesn't want to admit it?"

"She isn't Matt. We don't have the same goals or beleifs for that matter. We just won't work out no matter how I look at it."

"We can make it work out."

"No, we're through Matt."

"Through? You can't break up with me I'm the guy!" 

"Well, I would suggest you let go of your archaic way and take this as fact. We're over and I'm out." I said getting up and he grabbed at my arm. "Let go of me or I will scream and call the cops that you're physically assaulting me. Plus, I will bring up the incident we had before last semester ended and press charges."

"You wouldn't....." 

"I would, so let go of my arm now!" I said sternly and he reluctantly dropped my arm. "Goodbye Matt." I said walking off without looking back.

I hopped into the car and Mary badgered me.

"How did it go?"

"It was really hard" I said starting to cry "He just didn't seem to want to take my goodbye for what it was worth until I threatened calling the cops when he grabbed my arm as I was trying to leave."

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, he didn't hurt me."

"Good. I'm sure you did great." said my mom.

"Thanks mommy."

"Are you girls ready to head to the airport?" she asked.

All I could do was nod my head.

"Well, let's get you there before you miss your flight! I wish I was going with you to visit the Woo's, but I can't leave the bakery high and dry for a couple weeks."

"Yeah, it's great she's getting to know her future inlaws."

"Mary! I told you not to call them that."

"Is there something you're not telling me Nana?"

"No! Kevin and I are just friends I swear!"

"Oooooh okay." she said smirking at me.

"What?!" I asked her and she shrugged.

"Nothing!" she she said.

"Sure." I said rolling my eyes and sighing 'Now my mom's a Kevin coupler too. Greattttttt.'