Chapter 38- The Crabs

Letters to U-kiss

Kevin's POV

My fight with Hana put me in an awful mood all day. All the guys avoided me as much as they could and Soohyun pulled me aside.

"Did you have a fight with Hana?"

"Mmmhmmm"

"What happened?"

"She's giving that Jerk another chance to change and redeem himself, but I have a feeling he won't do what he promises."

"I see...." he said nodding.

"She got mad thinking I was being unreasonable saying she shouldn't give him a chance and I told her a story of a friend of mine that had a similar situation with the guy she was dating -that guy never changed and she eventually broke up with him."

"Hmmmm that's a tricky situation."

"I feel awful about raising my voice with her now, and I think I might have made her cry."

"Apologize and tell her you trust her judgement even though you disagree with her right now. Who knows maybe this situation will turn out different?"

"Or it could turn out worse, and that's what I'm the most afraid of for her."

"That's understandable, but apologize and see what happens."

"I think I need to cool off for a few days before I can apologize."

"Okay, but don't wait too long either. If you do, we'll intervene for you."

"Okay, thanks for letting me vent again Soohyun."

"Anytime, but please try not to take it out on the other guys! They've been complaining non-stop about how moody you've been."

"I'll try, but I definitely won't be my normal self for a while."

"You'll get things straightened out in no time. I know you will because you always do. Let's get back to practice now okay?"

"Okay." I said mustering up a half hearted smile.

Soohyun's POV

I shook my head as I watched Kevin walking back to the practice room. Poor guy is totally in love and he doesn't even know it. None of us have seen him this emotional before and only Hana seems to bring that out in him. I hope he figures it out before it's too late for Norae, Hana, and all of our sakes combined. Otherwise we'll be tiptoeing on eggshells for the rest of our career together. 

Hana's POV

I was fuming after talking to Kevin. 'Who is he to tell me what to do? I think Matt might straighten himself out? I hope he does? What harm is there in giving him a chance anyways? I mean what's the worst that could happen?'

Mary's POV

It only took me a quick glance at Hana to know she was NOT in a good mood and something was really bugging her. She was grumbling under her breath and glaring at her textbook in a sorry attempt at studying. I mean how much more obvious can you get? All I got from her was an irritated "Hi".

I sat down on the couch by her and took the textbook out of her hands, which elicited an even worse glare and "Hey! I'm trying to study here!" 

"I know, but something's bugging you -so spill." I ordered.

She rolled her eyes at me and then kept silent as she eyed her book in what I could only assume was plotting to steal the book back from me while I wasn't on gaurd.

"I won't give it back until you tell me what's up and don't even think about doing a snatch and dash."

She let out a big sigh "Fine. I'm just mad at Kevin."

"What did he do or say to get you so ticked?"

"Well, I decided to give Matt another chance as long as he stops drinking, goes to crew, and only meet with other people present at the moment. If he doesn't follow through, I'm going to break up with him officially."

"Hmmm I see." I said without interjecting my opinion in yet.

"Kevin called me when he saw my email about that. He didn't think I should give Matt another chance and got mad at me because I was saying that in his experience people don't change. I think he's just being jealous! Why couldn't he just accept my decision and just trust me? I think I'll be strong enough to cut ties with Matt if he's not holding up his promises -right?"

I thought for a while before answering -I didn't want to make her mad at me too, but I didn't want to lie to her either. 

"Hana, I don't really forsee Matt changing, since he turned into...this, what he is now in just a year of getting to know him. I'm inclined to agree with Kevin, but I'm going to go along with your decision for now. However, if things aren't going well I'm going to intervene. The longer you stay in a relationship with him the harder it's going to be to cut ties and you might end up on a road you don't want to be on too."

"Thanks Mary for trusting me. It means a lot unlike a certain other individuals' lack of support."

"Anytime, but do try to patch things up with Kevin. If he sees things going well maybe he'll be able to accept your decision better."

Hana's POV

"Yeah, I just can't help but feel mad at him now." I said sighing again. 'It really hurts being mad at Kevin -almost like how it would feel if a limb was traumatically removed. The pain is immediate, repair is possible, healing is slow, and the after affects are hard to determine. I feel more hurt emotionally by this, than about what happened with Matt a few days ago.'

"You can only wait and see what happens. I predict you'll both be cooled off by the end of the week and back on speaking terms again in no time."

"Yeah" 'maybe' is more what I was really thinking in my head.

The rest of the week just felt very strange. I spent most of my time studying, trying not to think too much about either of the things I was dealing with. Matt seemed more like a gentleman than he ever had, which was really nice and he even came to a CRU meeting like he promised. He'd also been sending me texts like 'Another day with no drinking -on to number _', so everything was going well so far.

It felt even wierder to have no communication with Kevin though -I mean we didn't talk every day most of the time because he was busy, but going about a week with nothing was unheard of. It was like before Kevin had come back into my life, but only this time it felt like something was missing. It made me realize how much I treasured being friends with Kevin. On second thought, no, we were more than just friends, he was my other best friend besides Mary.

I still don't know if I can forgive him yet though.....I guess they do say the closer the person the bigger the hurt. Is asking him to trust me too much to ask? I think I'll wait for him to initiate contact again even if it nearly drives me insane -I hope he'll contact me, but what if he doesn't?

Mary's POV

I wished there was something I could do for Hana, but I can't just step in and say make up or else. Nor could I lock them up in the same room until the made up like in the movies, especially since Kevin's across an ocean. Hana seemed like she was really hurting, and much worse even, than when Kris and I had broken up. She's way to stubborn for her own good, and at the rate they're going in forgiving each other, it'll be about 100 years until they get on speaking terms again. Hana, Hana, what will I ever do with you?