Chapter 71- Lost in Thought

Letters to U-kiss

Kevin's POV

Time seemed to go so fast and yet so slow the next week. My mind was so wrapped up in trying to do what was best for everyone -my company, the group members, our fans, and Hana. I lay away many times at night asking God, pleading with God to just give me an answer, but God doesn't always work like that. I didn't eat well either from the stress of everything. 

'God, I feel like you want me to stay, but I really want to go. Hana means so much to me God, that I don't want her to feel alone even though you are with her and she has great people by her side. I'm glad she's keeping me updated on everything, but it's not the same as being with her. I need some kind of answer soon.'

I heard a knock on my door. "Yes?"

"Kevin, our manager is here to see you." said Eli.

"Really?" I asked excitedly -maybe this was what I was waiting for.

"Yeah."

"Hello Manager."

"Hello Kevin, we need to talk and I need you to come with me."

"Okay?" I quearied -this does not sound good. I followed the manager out of our apartment and to the car. 

"So Kevin, your performance this past week has been far from exemplary."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't let personal matters affect me as much."

"That's true, but life is bound to happen one way or another. I've heard rumors around the company that you're planning on breaking your contract and leaving. Are they true?"

"Ne, and aniyo. I've been thinking about leaving, but I haven't come to a decision yet."

"I see." he said with thought.

"What can we do to make you stay and help you get back to your normal self."

"To let me leave for a brief leave in the next few months, but you get to pick when it is?"

"I'm not sure if that's possible."

"But you schedule everything for us? Isn't there a way you can arrange things so I'm off for even a few days?"

"I personally would, but the company is pushing me to increase your schedule even more. There's going to be some big changes with U-KISS in a few months that you'll be needed for."

"Big changes?"

"Ne, I can't tell you the details, but U-KISS will be different than it was."

"I hope it's a good different."

"Well, I guess you could say some will benefit more than others."

"Oh, okay."

"Is there anything else that would help get your mind off of other things?"

"I don't know of anything right now."

"Well, we really need you Kevin -remember that."

"Ne, I will."

"You can go back in Kevin and rest up for tomorrow."

"Ne, manager-nim." I said getting out of the car. 

I nearly got pounced on by the guys when I came back in. 

"What did the manager say to you?" asked Dongho, which was followed by a chorus of Ne's from the guys in agreement. 

"Well, he said he doesn't know if he could let me go anywhere right now or in the near future, because he's going to be increasing my schedule more."

"More? You already have quite a big schedule." said Kibum. 

"Ne, it's going to be more tiring for a while it seems."

"Did he say wae?" asked Soohyun.

"Ne, U-KISS is going to have some big changes in a few months."

"Big changes?" said Alexander and Hoon together.

"Yeah, he wouldn't really tell me much of anything about what was going to happen, but he said U-KISS wouldn't be the same after it."

"That doesn't sound good." said Eli.

"Ne, but it could be something good too." pointed out Kibum.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see." said Soohyun frowning a little bit. 

"Well, I'm going to go check in with Hana now and go to bed, since we all have an early start."

"Okay, night Kevin." they guys said.

"Hi Kevin." said Hana with a yawn.

"Hi Hana, did I wake you?" I asked with concern.

"No, I was procrastinating getting up as usual."

"You do like to do that don't you?!"

"Yeah, guilty as charged."

"So, how's everything been going over there and how are you feeling?"

"I guess okay -life has to go on and I've been feeling better every day."

"That's good. I'm glad your tests came back negative." I said -she had told me that her STD tests all had come back negative earlier that week. 

"Me too. Sorry for all the awkward conversations lately."

"It's okay. I'm glad that you trust me enough to tell me what's going on."

"I'm just glad we're friends again. I didn't realize how much I missed you until we started talking again."

"Yeah, same here. I guess you could say you're the braver one of us two for making that connection again."

"Nah, I wouldn't say that! I'm just more curious than you -it was like that when we were kids too."

"Too true!" I chuckled. "Remember that time when you got your head stuck on that play equiptment because you wanted to see where I was?!"

"Oh golly, don't remind me of that please! That was so embarassing."

"It was funny!"

"No it wasn't!"

"Yes it was!"

"NO it wasn't!"

"Okay, okay it wasn't funny, but you have to admit you were like the cat that curiousity got the best of a lot."

"Don't remind me." she groaned.

"Well, I guess we can't be friends then because I'm a reminder to a lot of those things."

"Fine, you can be my reminder, but don't tell anyone else about them!"

"What will happen if I do?"

"I'll come over there, kidnap you to a place far far away, and lock you up somewhere where there's no one else to talk about me with."

"Maybe I should tell some people, then you'd have to come visit me, try to kidnap me, and spend all your time keeping gaurd over my prison."

"You're such a dork Kevin!" she sighed with exasperation. 

"Oh, I know it and embrace it fully!"

"You're getting to be as bad as your dad." she groaned.

"Well, he and I are related."

"Duh! I grew up with you captian obvious."

"Whoa easy on the sauce, Miss Sour Apple."

"Kevin seriously?! You're too corny for your own good."

"Nope, I think I rather like myself as cornbread."

"Kevin!" she said with exasperation.

"Okay, okay! I'll stop."

"Thanks. It's been nice talking to you Kev, but I have to get going."

"Okay Hana, same here."

"Sweet dreams Kev!"

"Have a good day Hana!"

"Thanks! Love you."

"Love you too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

"Whoa, looks like we have a Romeo on our hands." said Eli coming in on the last part of our conversation.

"Call me Romeo again and I'll throw all my pillows at you."

"Romeo."

"Stop."

"Romeo."

"You're asking for it."

"Romeo."

"Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh you're going to get it Eli!" I shouted as I started whipping pillows at him and chasing him around our dorm. -Life with the guys is rarely without boring moments.

*Thanks for the patience everyone! Life's been a little crazy, but then again, when isn't life crazy?! Hope you enjoy the update and I'll try to get another one up a little sooner than it took me with this last one. ~AA