Chapter 65- Party to problems

Letters to U-kiss

Mary's POV -Saturday night

"Hey, where are you going tonight?" I asked curious to where my homebody roommate was going out too. 

"To Haley's birthday party." 

"Oh, yeah; I forgot about that. I got an invite too, but I was already going to hang out with Kris tonight instead. Are you okay going alone? We could go with you if you wanted."

"No, I think I'll be okay. You two have fun."

"Are you really sure you're okay going alone?"

"Yes, I'll be fine. I'll call you if anything comes up okay?"

"Sure, don't party to hard then!"

"I won't" she said with a laugh "See you later."

"See you!"

Hana's POV

I met up with Jen as we had decided and headed to the party.

"I'm so glad you could come." she chirped.

"Yeah, me too. I can't stay very late tonight though, since I have plans in the morning."

"Oh, what kind of plans?"

"Church and lunch with some friends of mine."

"Oh, you're one of those people." she said almost with disgust.

"Yeah, I am. You could come to church with us if you ever want to Jen."

"No thanks, I got enough of that Bible crap back home."

"Oh, okay. Let me know if you ever change your mind."

She shrugged and we walked in silence the rest of the way to the Blue Haven. Jen led the way to a large table filled people. 

"Hi Hana! Thanks for coming." said Haley.

"Thanks for having Jen invite me. Here's a little something for your birthday." I said handing her the small gift box I was carrying. 

"Awww, you're so old fashioned Hana. You didn't need to get me anything!" she said opening the box and squeeling with delight "These are the cutest earring ever! You're the best!" she said giving me a hug for the dangly flower earrings I had picked out for her.

"You're welcome! I'm so glad you liked them."

"Go sit over there Hana and get something to eat." she said pointing towards the end of the table. 

"Okay." I agreed and went. I froze when I realized who they were seating me by -Matt! How could they? My jaw just about dropped off. 

"What are you waiting for Hana, go sit down." prompted Jen.

"Okay." I said quietly swallowing the tears as I went to my assigned seat. This wasn't really a social invite by them, but a chance for Matt to see me again. Why did they do this?

"Hi Hana," said Matt flashing me a dazzling smile.

"Hello Matthew." I said rather icily.

"Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed today." he said glancing around at his friends who laughed.

"I think I need to go -now!" I said getting up, uncomfortable and upset at how I was being treated.

"Come on, stay just for a drink and some food. After all it is Haley's birthday!" he cajoled ad all his buddies joined in "Come on stay. Don't be a party pooper. Haley was so looking forward to you coming."

"Fine, just for a while and not a moment more."

"Great!" said Matt with a smirk. "What do you want to drink, I'll go order it for you at the bar."

"Thanks, a Sprite I guess?" I said hesitantly

"One sprite coming up!"  He walked through the door into the room with the bar to get the drink. A few minutes later he came back carrying  a glass. "Here you go! I had them make you a Shirley temple, instead of just a plain Sprite."

"Thanks? Is there alcohol in this?" I said unsure, since I had never gotten a Shirley Temple before.

"It's a kiddie cocktail Hana, haven't you ever had one before?" said Jen matter of factly.

"No, my parents really didn't go to bars or places that make mixed drinks when I was younger."

"Oh, well they're fabulous and will leave you wanting more." she said flipping her hair with her hand.

I sipped the drink, and it tasted okay, but it seemed like it had a strange taste to it. 

"Do you like it?" asked Matt.

"It's okay." I shrugged. I decided to look at a menu to see what kind of food they were serving, while everyone else was busy chatting. Everyone had started getting their food, but I still hadn't decided. Then I started to feel funny. 

"I think I need to go, I'm not feeling so well." I said standing up and then almost having my knees buckle under me. 

"So soon?" asked the girls with a whine. "You just got here."

"I'm sorry, I just feel really weird and I think I need to go lie down." My whole body felt so heavy and like I didn't have any control over it. "I think I'll rest my head on the table for a few minutes." Then everything went black.

Matt's POV

"Well, it looks like the kiddy cocktail was too much for Hana." I said making all my friends laugh. 

"Yeah, she sure can't handle a 'strong drink'!" said someone else bringing a chorus of laughter again. 

"I'll see the sleeping beauty back to her bedchambes." I said with a wink. All the boys whooped and clapped as I scooped her up from the table. 

'I'll have finally fulfilled the bet between me and the guys, and get what I want from her all in one night.' I applauded myself inwardly.