Chapter 36- Is the hurt worth it?

Letters to U-kiss

Mary's POV

I was just starting to worry about Hana when I heard a knock on our door. Hmmm, that's strange. Why would Hana knock?

I opened our door and my jaw just about dropped to the floor when I saw Kris all beaten up and Hana pale as a ghost. "What happened?" I asked as Kris plopped her on her bed and I rushed over to her.

Hana's POV

"Matt, was drunk and misunderstood me giving Kris a hug." I said with the least shaky voice I could muster before I started sobbing again.

"Why did you give him a hug?" she asked blubbering me, but Kris answered for me since I just couldn't spit the words out.

"She gave a hug because she was happy that I accepted Christ as my Savior today. Matt saw that and decided to use me as a punching bag. Hana stopped him from that, but then he her and nearly her."

"Oh....." she said seeming to be at a loss for words. "Do you want something to drink?" she asked both of us.

Mary's POV

She nodded yes, but Kris said "No, I'm going to go shower and get cleaned up. Take care of Hana."

"Will do." I said making a cup of Hana's favorite tea. Wow, has he really changed. I mean he always had been a nice guy, but now he's like Mr. Good Guy 2.0.

I gave her the cup of tea and wrapped her in a hug like she had done for me on winter break. "Cry it out." I told her shaking form.

"I never.....expected...him to be like this ever." she said with her quavering voice. "I thought, that he would never force me to do what I didn't want to do. I just feel so violated and he didn't do anything more than me and kiss me hard."

"Wow, I don't know quite what to say other than I want to rip his guts out and lock you in a tower far, far away."

That got a giggle out of her thankfully and I asked "Are you two going to press charges?"

"I don't know....I really don't know."

I decided not to press that issue at the current moment, so I changed the topic a bit "How's the paper coming?"

"Okay, I had writers block so I went for a walk and then this whole mess happened." she said finally calming down.

"Do you want to try to work on it? I can be your secretary." I offered, since I had finished both my art projects this evening and I had enough of studying for the evening myself.

"Okay. I mostly just need a second pair of eyes to look it over though."

"Well, editor M. Davis is at your service." bringing about another giggle as she brought over her laptop.

"Feel free to use my laptop to email Kevin or something if you'd like." 

"Okay....wait?! How did you know I was emailing Kevin?!" she  said as I retrieved my laptop for her.

"Girl's intuition I guess? You were smiling like an idiot most of the day when you were taking 'breaks' earlier."

Kevin's POV 4.30.2009 -next day in japan.

At lunch time I had a chance to check my email.

Date 4.29.2009

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Subject: Hey!

Well, I used some of you suggestions and things got interesting. Writing creatively helped a little with the actual writing, but I got stuck fine tuning things and took a walk. I have some really good news and some not so good news.

Kris accepted Christ as his savior today, so I hugged him at the park. However, Matt saw that and because he was drunk beat up Kris without letting either of us explain. I got him to stop beating him up, but then he me and probably would have me eventually if Kris wasn't there to stop him.

I just feel so hurt, violated, and confused now. I'm debating if I should say good bye to Matt, but I really like him and maybe he'll redeem himself in some way yet things could go bad if he does this again. I'm debating about pressing charges, but I'll wait and see if Kris does. What do you think I should do?

-Hana :(

Date: 4.30.2009

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

Subject: Hey!

Yikes! Do I need to come over there and give that jerk a piece of my mind?! Just reading about this has my blood close to boiling. I think you should press charges and say good bye to him -once a bad thing happens another will likely to follow. Pray about it, but I hope you do take my advice! 

I'm so happy to hear about Kris on the brighter side! 

~Kevin <3

She didn't reply back to me all day and her email put me in a crabby mood -I wanted to be there for her, but I couldn't leave and I wanted to give Matt a big handful a of 2 cents to knock into his brain.

"What's eating you?" asked Soohyun when he pulled me aside, after I snapped at a couple of the other members during dance practice.

"Hana" I said.

"Are you two fighting?"

"No, I'm just frustrated because I want to be there for her, but I can't right now."

"What happened?"

"She nearly got by her boyfriend when he was drunk and she's not sure if she should break up with him or press charges."

"What a bastard." said Soohyun.

"Tell me about it." I said punching the padded wall in the dance studio.

"If we didn't have the big concert coming up I'd tell you to book it over the sea and take care of Hana, but....our manager and company would both have fits."

"I know. I just hope she does the right thing, but I have a feeling she'll give that bastard another chance."

"I sure hope not.....she should expect to be treated with respect at all times with or without there being alcohol involved."

"Yeah, she always tended to think too highly of people. However, with her trust broken like that she might do the right thing. Arrrrg I don't know?! Maybe I'm just trying to reason that she will do the right thing?"

"Well, I sure hope she does for your sake and I'll be praying for her too." he said patting my shoulder. "Why don't you go take a walk? I'll tell everyone you weren't feeling well and I sent you back to our hotel. If you think you're in a good frame of mind later just call us and we'll come get you."

"Okay, thanks Soohyun. I appreciate it a lot." 

"No big deal, it's the least I can do. I know how you like to walk things off." he said with a wink as I followed him out the studio door.