Chapter 51- Life goes on

Letters to U-kiss

Kevin's POV

The guys had been very supportive & tried to cheer me up, but it was really tough. I put on a happy mask in front of everyone, but family and my friends, as I went on with life. Even sometimes my friends I kept my real feelings hidden.

Hana and I talked a lot the past couple weeks because she was one of the only people I could freely talk about this with too. Every day she emailed me an encouraging song and bible verse, which was really sweet of her. I even got a little care package of treats with a corresponding letter from her:

Dear Kevin,

You're such a SMARTIE and bring MOUNDS of happiness to me. Don't be a CRYBABY and remember to eat so you don't become a SLIM JIM. Don't become a SUGAR DADDY because you've had your heart broken or I'll have the guys give you a WHOPPER. Remember to TAKE5 from your activities NOW & LATER. God gives us ROCKY ROADs so that we can trust in him to helps us through and he'll give us our PAYDAY in heaven someday. Even though we are M&M (miles & miles) apart, and often CRUNCHed for time, we can still be good friends like MIKE & IKE. We can also look at the MILKY WAY and remember that we're seeing the same STARBURSTS from across the globe. I hope this made you have a few SNICKERS and thank you for putting up with an AIRHEAD like me!

Love you to REESES PIECES,

-Hana 

I was so touched that she took the trouble of sending me such a nice cheer-up gift. The guys kept trying to steal all my candy when I wasn't paying attention, but I did share most with them anyways since I couldn't eat all of it by myself. I called her up the next day before it got too late for her. 

"Hey Kev!"

"Hey!"

"How are you?" she asked

"Great! I got your care package yesterday."

"Cool! Did you like it?"

"Yesssss. It was the sweetest thing literally and figuratively I've gotten in a long time."

"Good! I thought you'd enjoy getting some of the 'comforts from home' candy and stuff."

"Yeah, I haven't had some of these things in a couple of years."

"Well, I'm glad I could send you some nostalgic treats."

"How are you doing?"

"Mmmm okay."

"Just okay?" I asked

"Yeah," she sighed "I'll be heading back to school soon and Matt's been a little weird lately."

"How so?"

"I don't know. I guess one minute he's all sweet and pleasant, and the next he seems like he's overbearing."

"Really, what's he doing that he's overbearing?"

"He calls to check up on me all the time, so I feel like I'm being monitered all the time like he doesn't trust me. He even asks to check my phone to see who I've been talking and texting."

"Has he ever hurt you and told you not to tell anyone about it?"

She hesitated ".....No."

"Don't lie to me Hana, I can tell you're lying by your voice."

She sighed again "Sort of, he pushed me down a while ago and lied my mom I tripped and fell when she asked what happened. He also told me I was his no matter what."

"I'm going to be really honest with you Hana, Matt's bad news and you're going to really get hurt if you don't break up with him."

"I know, but I'm scared of what he'll do if I do break up with him."

"Have you talked about this with anyone else?"

"Not really, my family, Mary and Kris know he can have a violent side from what happened at the end of last semest, but I haven't told anyone what he's been like lately."

"You really need to Hana. You can't get help if you don't let someone besides me know what's going on."

"Okay, I'll try talking to Jae about this tomorrow."

"Good! If you need somewhere to go for a few weeks until school, I'm sure my parents or Deanna would be willing to take you in for a bit."

"Thanks Kev, I feel better after talking about this with someone. I hope I didn't ruin your good mood."

"Not at all. I'm here for you to spill your thoughts on anytime and give advice. I mean anytime too!"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome! I need to go get ready for my schedule today now."

"Okay, have a good day and stay safe!"

"Will do! Remember to call me anytime, okay?"

"Okay, Bye Kev."

"Bye Hana, I love you and sweet dreams!"

"Thanks Kev! I love you too."

'So Hana's got guy problems now. Golly, life would be so much simpler without relationships like the ones we've been going through. God help Hana to get through breaking up with him safely and that she'd get the help she needs. -Amen'

Hana's POV -next day

Talking with Kevin last night was one of the best things I could have done. Without him, I wouldn't have the courage to talk to Jae about what was going on. Matt had called to check on me before I left and I told him I was going out with Jae all afternoon for some sister time and I'd text him once I was home -I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if he tried checking up on me even with me saying that. This has to stop somehow.

Jae took me out for lunch at our favorite restaurant to start things off. We chatted about general stuff until our food came and sat happily munching in silence for a short time afterwards. I put down my burger though and decided to bring up the topic.

"Jae I need to talk to you about Matt."

"What about him?"

"He's been very controlling lately. He pushed me down once a few weeks ago telling me that I was his and there was nothing I could do about it. I really think I should end things with him but I'm scared -really scared what he might do to me."

She sighed "I was hoping things would get better for you instead of worse, but I guess I was too positive."

"Yeah, I should have listened to you guys before things started getting to this point. How do I get out of this?"

"When does your semester start?"

"A few weeks."

"How much do you have saved up?"

"A few thousand why?"

"I think you need to break up with him and leave until school starts."

"Is that how you broke up with your bad guy?"

"Somewhat....I avoided him and kept a friend with me all the time at campus."

"What happens when I go back to school?"

"You'll have to be strong and not give in to hanging around with him."

"What if I can't?"

"Then I'd suggest dropping out for a semester and try attending another college."

"That's going to put me a semester behind though." 

"Yes, but if that's what it takes to stay out of a relationship with him, you need to do it."

"Where whould I go?"

"Hmmmm we don't really have any family in the states.....unless!"

"What?"

"You could probably go stay with Kevin's family or Dea until school starts."

"Kevin mentioned that, but I'd hate to impose on them."

"If Kevin mentioned that I'm sure they'd be fine with it, and besides our Mothers are still pretty good friends."

"True, what should I say to him?"

"Something short and to the point."

"Does 'I've come to realize that this relationship isn't going where I want it to be, so let's end it here.' work?"

"I think so. I'll contact Dea and see what we can work out for a temporary living arrangement until school starts."

"Thanks Jae! I'm glad you didn't tell me 'I told you so.'"

"I'd never tell you that because I've been there, and I want you to come to your big sister when you have a problem okay?"

"Okay." 

"Now, finish up your food before your bun gets all soggy and so we can go shopping."

I nodded and picked up my hamburger to finish up the last few bites. 'I have the best big sister ever!' I thought to myself.