Chapter 33- Replies

Letters to U-kiss

Kevin's POV

We had just gotten back from some of our travels around asia -malaysia and japan to be exact- so I wasn't able to read Hana's letter or reply until the beginning of April. Over those few weeks we had talked a little bit by email and text. I hadn't really kept in good touch with Norae either -her replies were either short, that she was busy, or she was going to bed. It almost seemed like she was avoiding me a little bit? I guess I don't need to worry too much, since I know she's probably busy with work and school.

Hana's POV:

Kevin had emailed me and told me he had sent me a letter the first week in April after all his travels. It was nice to have something to take my mind off of the homework and exams I had been studying for. This semester was worse than the last one because there was more to remember and do, while last semester had less to remember and do, but I was stilll learning time management at the same time.

April 5, 2010

Dear Hana,

You're pretty sweet yourself and you deserve to be spoiled! ;) I wasn't too worried what the guys would write to you because you're right that they all are pretty nice guys. Haha, you got Soohyun spot on, but I'm sure he won't be as flirty when he finds the right girl -once he commits himself to something it's hard to convince him otherwise. I guess that's probably what makes him such a good leader. All the guys wrote you back little letters this time, so I've put them in with my letter for you.

Yes, promotions have been going well, but it's been tiring and busy with all the traveling and activities. We just got back from Japan and before that we were in Malayasia. It still does surprise me how popular we were in the other countries, but it's a little frustrating that we aren't as popular back here in Korea. We haven't ever gotten an award on any of the shows or stolen the number 1 spot so far, and I hope someday we will get there. Part of it is probably because so many other popular groups debuted at the same time as us and I wonder if we were singing their songs if we would be as popular?

Sorry, for the rant, but it feels good to talk to someone else outside of the group or family about this. I guess I didn't realize how agitated I was about that until now. Soohyun and most of the other guys are pretty optomistic about being successful in the near future. My family sympathizes with me, but they don't quite get it if you know what I mean? There are just certain things you can't get people close to you to understand.

Hehe, I don't blame you about the giseng candy. I didn't really want to try them either, but my manager gave it to me and I didn't want to be discourteous so I ate it anyways. I['ll keep your advice in mind about the chilli candy, but I like spicy stuff so I don't think I'll mind it too much. Yes, they are amazing and when things quiet down in between our trips I'll try to ship you some of the walnut candies.

I used to really like those Jelly Nougats too! Omma always used to get those for our easter egg hunts! Do you remember the time our parents made us wear those rediculous bunny and chick costumes? I hope my mom NEVER publically shows that pic or I'll be the laughing stock of the guys. Of course our company sometimes makes us cross dress, which is rather awkward and I don't really like it, but we don't always have a say in what we do or don't want to do.

That must have been very disconcerting for you to run into him on the first day of the semester especially when you weren't expecting to seem him there. I can understand completely why you reacted that way and tried to warn Mary though -noone wants their friends to be hurt!  

Wow, so he really gave up a lot transferring there for Mary. He does seem like he's changed from what you say and if Mary wants to give him another chance, you should too. It's cool that he's interested in CRU and I pray that he will be open to accepting Christ as part of his life if he hasn't already.

I'll be praying that Mary will have guidance to make the right decisions for her future and that she'll be willing to check out CRU. Life cand be so hard sometimes and can make you feel so lost. I remember it was a tough decision to leave Xing and join U-KISS -I didn't know what to expect or if it would work out as well as it has so far. It sounds like you're laying some good seeds in Mary's heart with your bible discussions -You're almost like your own little campus ministry in and of yourself, which is pretty neat. I'm almost a little jealous because my company doesn't exactly want us to promote our own religions, but I try to set a good example for other christians and non-christians alike.

I do remember the ice cream snobbiness lol! I was always mad at you for eating the lime popsicles because I liked them too, but you'd cry if you didn't get your way, so you usually did. My omma sure spoiled you! ^_^ That's why I like cheesecake sundaes so much when you can find them -everything is so fresh and delicious ;) That sounds like a nice plan and I'm sure everyone will love that as a snack at Jae's Bachelorette party. I don't like snow cones either, but if you get the chance, you must try patbingsu!!

I knew you'd say that about the pet cafes! You used to be so frightened of the neighbor's dog. Do you remember Pepita? She passed away the year we started high school and I was really sad. They didn't get another dog after that, but none will ever that the place of her -all her tricks, how she loved her ball, and just how happy she was all the time. 

She did seem very satisfied with our little date. ^_^ Dating and love can be a little give or take, but if you're constantly doing something you don't like or feel unconfortable doing, it might not be a bad idea to re-evaluate things.I did mention Norae at Christmas time, and yes, she is both beautiful and unique. I hope Matt's treating you with the respect, sincerity, and care that you deserve. If he is, I think you've found yourself a winner. 

I need to go now too and I hope you enjoy the letters from they guys too! May God be with you & I'll be keeping you in my prayers as you study hard. 

Love your friend,

~Kevin

P.S.- The fish chips can be gotten from most Korean or Asian Grocery stores. If he wants to order online he could probably get them on Amazon, H-mart, or ebay.

 

Dear Hana,

Thank you Noona for the poem! You're very creative & nice. I wish had a real noona like you!

Sorry it took us so long to write back, but we were really busy with travels and promotions as Kevin's probably told you. It's a lot of work and tiring at times, but I'm glad we're back in Korea for a short time and can sleep in our own beds. ^_^

~Dongho

 

Dear Hana, 

Me, a smooth talker?! Hardly! I was just saying what is true. Kevin's lucky to have a girl friend like you.

Apologies on the late reply, but I accept your love and am sending more love back your way. <333333

Soohyun XOXOXO

 

Dear Hana,

Thanks for your support and encouragement as well! It's been busy, but I'm really enjoying the travels and getting to know everyone better day by day. You must be getting close to finals. Hope your classes are going well!

-Kiseop

 

Dear Hana,

Yes, he does talk about you pretty much all the time, but he has been talking a little more about Norae lately. In Malaysia he was like Hana would love this or that basically every 5 seconds lol.  I won't tell him to stop it because he'll mope and it's fun seeing him so happy. He seems to put all of us in a better mood when we're down or tired. 

The trips were a lot of fun and we've gotten to try a lot of neat foods. My favorites so far were the Charsiew we had in Malaysia which is like BBQ Ribs and some super awesomely spicy ramen from Explosive Ramen in Japan. 

You're very welcome for the well wishes and thank you as well! Finish your semester strong okay?!

-Eli :)

P.S. -If you're ever in Fredericksburg and run into my sisters Mina & Hannah, tell them I say hi and give them a hug for me! I miss them so much. :'(

 

Dear Hana,

I try to be funny and I'm glad you got a good laugh from my note! The guys never quite know what to expect from me, but I think U-KISS wouldn't be as silly behind the scenes without me. Thanks for the well wishes & may God be with you as well!

Now for a few brief study break jokes for you:

 Q: What is baby cucumber's favorite toy? 
A: Pickle Me Elmo.

Q. What's green and sour and swims in an aquarium? 
A. A trop-pickle fish!

Q: What do you call a pickle that's feeling poorly?

A: Un-dill the weather

Hope you enjoyed a little laugh break!

~Alexander :D

 

Dear Hana, 

Thanks for the well wishes again. Keep working hard at school and we'll keep working hard for fans like you! 

-Kibum

*Hope you enjoyed the letters from the "guys" -I wish I was able to post this sooner, but I was having terrible writers block for their letters and I was sleeping because I was sick most of last weekend when I was planning on finishing this chapter. I'm getting super excited and nervous for my horse show in 4 days O_O I hope I'll be able to handle Libby after being really "un-dill the weather" for a week and am still feeling pretty weak -my fever just won't go away. >.< Keep me in your prayers for strength, healing, and safety this week! God be with you all <3 ~AA