Chapter 80- It's go time

Letters to U-kiss

Hana's POV- June 8, 2011

I started having little crampy contractions throughout the day. At first I thought they were just braxton-hicks contractions, but they kept getting stronger and stronger. Everyone in our family was basically on standby waiting for the baby to come. That evening my water broke and the contractions started getting even worse -I never had felt pain like this before.

At that point I texted Kevin.

"It's time for the baby." 

"Are you doing okay?" he asked

"Yeah, it just hurts a lot. We'll be heading to the hospital soon." I replied

"Do you want me to video call with you? Or is someone going to be filming everything?" he asked. 

"You can call me. Rob's going to do some of the filming. If you wanted to face time me though later that would be nice."

"Okay."

Kevin's POV- June 9th Morning KST

I started running around the apartment telling the guys the news. "Hana's having her baby!"

"Congratulations daddy." some of the guys joked. 

"Pray that it goes well." I said before I went back to my room to call Hana. 

"Hey" said Hana sounding a little bit winded. 

"Hey, you don't sound so great."

"Well, I'll be better when these.......contractions stop." she said. 

"True, is there anything I can do for you? I know I'm thousands of miles away, but I'd do anything you want me to."

"Would you mind face timing with me when we get checked to the hospital?" she asked.

"Of course." 

"I don't want to keep you from the things you need to do though."

"I don't have a schedule this morning, so as long as the baby comes quick. It will be fine. I'm going to text my manager to see if he can re-arrange my afternoon schedule just in case."

"You don't need to....do that." she said with a pause. 

"Did you have a contraction?" I asked.

"Yeah, I want this to be over already." she said with a sigh. 

"Tell your mom to hold your hand for me." 

"I will. We just got to the hospital, so I'll text you when you can face time me -okay?"

"Okay, talk to you later." I said. I paced around my room until she texted me about 20 minutes later. 

"Okay, you can face time me now." she texted me.

"Hey beautiful." I said when she popped onto my phone's screen.

"Stop it Kevin, I look like a mess." 

"Hello Kevin." Said Mrs. Lee leaning in by the screen along with Jae and Rob. 

"Hi Mrs. Lee, Hi Jae, and I assume Rob?"

"Yes, the one and only." replied Rob "Nice to meet you. Hana and Jae have told me a lot about you."

"Good things I hope?" I asked

"You would have to be the judge of it, but nothing bad by my book." he said with a smile. 

"Are you doing okay Hana?" I asked concerned as she was biting bit her lip and shifting with the pain of another contraction. 

"Okay is an overstatment at the moment." she said breathily.

"Did you tell your mom to hold your hand for me?" I asked.

"Yeah, she'll need to be soon." she said with a sigh.

"How far was she dialated Doctor?" someone asked Jae. 

"She was getting close last time I checked." replied Jae. 

"Mom, is it always this painful?" asked Hana handing the phone off to Jae and grabbing her Mom's hand.

"Yes, dear, but it should be over soon." said Mrs. Lee smoothing her hair and taking her hand. 

"Hana, I wish I could stop the pain for you." I said. 

"Thanks....Kevin." she said in between the stronger contractions. "This hurts so bad.....I want it to go away. You don't.........have to watch this Kevin." 

"I want to be here for you Hana and don't try to talk me out of it." I said. 

"Is she ready to push yet?" asked someone coming into the room. 

"She's dialated and ready to go." said somebody else.

"Hana, when you feel the next contraction, push with everything you have." said what I assume was the attending doctor's voice. She nodded and took a huge breath to push. She cried out a little bit. 

"You can do it Hana." I encouraged from the other side of the phone screen. I wanted to hold her hand, kiss her, and take away her pain. 

"Push again." ordered the doctor. Hana pushed again crying out more. "You're almost there."

"You've got this Hana! You heard the doctor. The pain will be gone soon." I encouraged again. She groaned and pushed with everything she had. That's when I heard the baby's cry and they placed it on Hana's chest. She smiled at the little one in her arms.

"What is it doctor?" asked Rob.

"it's a girl!" said Jae leaning in. 

"You did it Hana! She's beautiful." I said looking at the wriggly little baby on Hana's chest. 

"She is beautiful." she said crying. "Mom, Jae look at her."

"We are Nana, you did wonderful." said Mrs. Lee kissing Hana on the forehead. 

"Give her an extra kiss for me Mrs. Lee and a hug later too." I said. 

"Okay Kevin. I will." she said giving Hana another kiss on the head. 

"I need to go Hana. I wish I could stay around longer." I said sadly hearing a knock on my door. 

"That's fine Kevin. Thank you for sharing this moment with us." said Hana looking up from the little one. 

"No, thank you! I love you Hana and I'll check up on you soon." 

"I love you too Kevin. Be safe and goodbye." said Hana. 

Hana's POV

It was over. The moment I had perhaps been dreading the most of anything was over. I was thankful I had my family, friends, and Kevin to share it with.  I couldn't believe how precious she was too. 

"What are you two naming her?" I asked Jae -they had wanted it to be a surprise. 

"We thought for a long time about this, but we decided that her name will be Eileen Haneul Hanson -Eileen meaning light and Haneul for your name which meaning heaven in Korean." said Jae.

"That's perfect for her" I said with tears in my eyes. 

"Thank you for giving us her." said Rob. 

"I couldn't be happier to." I said.