Preparation

Love is Pain

 

Seunghyun woke up in an unfamiliar environment. He got up and immediately regretted it. He lay back down, grabbing his head. Yikes... How much did he drink last night? He didn’t know. He looked to his right and saw a figure. Crap. What did he do last night. All he remembered was being in Daesung and Youngbae’s room. He edged closer to the figure and realised it was Jiyong. They were both wearing clothes, which was a good sign. He looked at the clock. Crap. They had to be at that friend’s cousin’s party in 3 hours. It took at least an hour and a half to get there. Seunghyun got a pillow and whacked it over Jiyong’s head. “Ahh... What you want?” Seunghyun smiled, satisfied. “More time. We gotta be there in 3 hours. Let’s go.” Jiyong leapt out of bed, screaming.

“CRAP! I'LL BE IN THE SHOWER!” He shouted. Seunghyun laughed and ran to the door. “NOT IF I’M IN THERE FIRST!” They both ran, Seunghyun missing out. His head hurt a lot. Jiyong blew a raspberry and shut the door. Seunghyun dropped his smile and turned around. Opposite the bathroom was Daesung and Youngbae’s room. Maybe Daesung was back..? He opened the door slowly. His heart raised higher than the roof. There were two figures on the bed. They were hugging each other tightly. Not in a romantic way, of course. Seunghyun slowly walked over and saw Youngbae, and... Seungri. Seunghyun sighed and backed away, shutting the door slowly behind him.

He had some breakfast while waiting for Jiyong to finish, and when Jiyong eventually did finish, Seunghyun leapt in. At about 8am, they wrote a note to Youngbae, Seungri and Daesung, explaining where they would be.

          Youngbae, Seungri, and Daesung.

Me and Seunghyun are at that kid’s party performing. We’ll be back at about 7pm-ish.
Have a nice day.
          - Jiyong & Seunghyun.

Jiyong had told Seunghyun what had happened last night while Jiyong had been at the hospital, and that had left Seunghyun in a sad – and confused mood. They began to head off to their venue, talking about yesterday, and Daesung.

Youngbae opened his eyes to find his face buried in someone’s hair. It smelt nice. But he also felt wet tears on his stomach. Seungri’s tears. Youngbae sighed and gently pushed off Seungri of his stomach so not to wake him, then walked to the bathroom to have a shower.

After Youngbae’s shower, he walked into the kitchen. The first thing he saw was a large note stuck to the fridge. Curious, he picked it up and read it. Oh. Youngbae folded it up and put it to the side, and decided to make Seungri some breakfast. He needed a good breakfast.

Seungri woke (again) to the smell of pancakes. He’d kept waking up crying, only to be comforted by Youngbae... How had Youngbae managed to put up with all this by himself? Seungri chuckled to himself and walked out. His stomach hurt. He walked into the kitchen to see Youngbae, wearing only pyjama bottoms, flipping pancakes. Seungri walked behind Youngbae and covered his eyes with his hands. “Guess who!?” Seungri asked, childishly amused. Youngbae rubbed his temple in ‘deep thought’. “I dunno! Hmm... They’re warm and snugly like a panda.. is that you, Panda?” Youngbae answered, popping 3 panda-shaped pancakes on a plate for him and Seungri. “YEAH!” Seungri shouted happily. He took a closer look at the pancakes on the plate.

“Are..... Are those... Are those, PANDAKES?!?!?!” He squealed, hugging Youngbae tightly. “thankyoubaebaebooiloveyousomuchehehcanihavesomemoreplease?” Was all he could get out before he ran out of breath. Youngbae laughed and gave him the plate of pancakes. “Here, take them all, I’m not very hungry, I’ll just have something small. And bae-bae..boo? Where did that come from? “ He replied.

Seungri shrugged and stuffed a whole pandake in his mouth, signalled Youngbae to pass him the maple syrup and then poured some maple syrup down his throat and chewed it all together. “Ewww that’s disgusting Panda! Bleugh!” Youngbae responded, biting into an apple and shoving a bagel into the toaster.

After Seungri had finished his first pandake, he  looked thoughtfully at Youngbae. “Let’s clear the place up nicely after this for Daesung!”
“Yeah, that’d be nice. And we can put up balloons! Make him feel better. And welcomed. Besides, this place hasn’t been cleaned properly in ages!”

They both agreed to clean the place and make it look nice for Daesung when he came back. They’d get Daesung together, and have some nice things prepared for him. Youngbae was set to clearing their room and making it spacious enough for 3. He was dusting a bookshelf of Daesung’s when he saw a book in the bookshelf... That wasn’t a book. He took it out, curious to see what it was. He knew he shouldn’t do this, but...

It was a large book. Well at least, a large box shaped like a book. Youngbae opened it. This looked like some-sort of special box. There was a ring in there – Seunghyun had given him that for Christmas one year. There was an old necklace of Seunghyun’s too – one he thought he’d lost. Youngbae smiled sadly to himself. The rest were just pictures. Tons of pictures of Daesung and Seunghyun. In truth, Youngbae’s eyes get a little teary. He remembered what Seunghyun had done – almost broken Daesung’s heart. “..You do love him..” Youngbae whispered, a tear crawling down his cheek. He put everything back in place and kept cleaning. The whole time he couldn’t stop thinking about Daesung and Seunghyun. After finishing cleaning, Youngbae walked out the bedroom and his jaw dropped wide open.

The whole house was sparkling clean. Seungri was bending over the oven, taking outsome freshly baked cookies. Youngbae laughed at the cliché situation. “You know... Panda...” He said, slyly making his way over to sit on the kitchen counter while Seungri checked if his cookies were perfection. “Yeah?” Seungri replied, putting them all on a rack. “You’d make.. A great house-wife.” Youngbae finished, bursting into laughter. Seungri burst into laughter too.

He seemed to find it more funny than Youngbae, clutching his stomach. “It’d be house-HUSBAND! And why? I’d need a wife.. Or a husband.. BE MY HUSBAND BAE!!” Seungri screamed, finding this the funniest thing. Youngbae giggled. “Sure, Panda! And you can cook, you have a beautiful fashion sense.. And you sure as hell can clean!!” Youngbae’s heart got little prickles, and they both laughed some more, Seungri enveloping Youngbae into a massive bear-hug, eventually wrapping his legs around Youngbae too. Youngbae squeezed back, and they then proceeded to have a large tickle fight.

“Come on now, it’s 1pm! Let’s change then go see Daesung! We can’t forget those papers the doctor gave us!!” Youngbae laughed, his heart raising. He was going to try and make Daesung forget about such a person as Seunghyun in his heart. He didn’t like interrupting relationships, but for the moment, he felt it was best. What Seunghyun had done was nearly unforgivable.

“YAY!! I missed him.. I’ll put cookies on the table!” Seungri beamed. He couldn’t wait to see his Daesungie. Due to the change of room layout, a large pile of his clothes sat in a box in the corner of Youngbae and Daesung’s room. Both Youngbae and Seungri changed together, talking about Daesung.

“I’ll lead him into the room, and you can shout SUPRISE!”

“No, that’s too cliché! We’d hurt his ears. I say we take it gentle at first. We should car-“

“WE’RE GOING TO CARRY HIM?! THAT’S SO WEIRD!”

No Panda, we’re going to carry all the stuff he was wearing when he went into hospital. He was in a hospital gown when we saw him, wasn’t he?”

“Yeah... Okay! Haha, I’ll drive! Youngbae, you can sit with him in the back. Is that a good idea?”

“Mhm. Are you done yet?”

Youngbae looked over at Seungri, who was struggling to pull his t-shirt over his head. He chuckled to himself and walked over, helping. As he pulled the t-shirt down, the back of his hand brushed over Seungri’s abs. “Panda, you’ve gotten tough!” Youngbae remarked. When Seungri’s t-shirt had been pulled over his head, both of them were red-faced and smiling. “Thanks Bae!” Seungri thanked. Youngbae smiled and let his fall a little, bringing it up again.

He began walking over to the door, but was stopped by a hand grabbing his. Youngbae turned his head and saw Seungri, arm outstretched, head down. “I’m scared...” He murmured. Youngbae sighed and pulled Seungri into a hug. They stayed like that for a few minutes. “So am I...” Youngbae replied, although more to himself. Then Youngbae kissed Seungri’s forehead. He sighed again, and led Seungri out the house. Seungri followed behind, dazed.
 

CHAPTER 4 - END

AN: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoying it so far? Also, added a bit of BaeRi to make it better. I wonder if Youngbae and Seungri will get together? Who knows? Will post next chapter in a few hours ^_^