Why are you nice to me?

I love you, jerk! {EDITING}

 

- Being nice

(Detiontion)
"Could you clean here?" the library lady asked me.

I nodded and gave her a little smile. "Sure." I said and went there, holding a rag in my hand tightly before I started cleaning. After a minute I suddenly felt dizzy and held on to the table with one hand. I threw the rag on the floor and held my head as well.

Luhan noticed that and came to me. "Does your head hurt?" He asked. I looked at him and shook my head sideways, then crouched down and took the rag, starting to clean again, but I could feel his eyes on me – he’s staring. I huffed and turned to him.

"What?"

"Nothing…” he replied, obviously lying. Then he also added: “But if you're tired, why don't you rest?"

I’m surprised he even thought about that and I admit that it’s nice, but I still shook my head. "No. We’ll get home sooner if we both clean.” I said and turned around, walking to another table.

That’s how it was done… Neither of us talked. It was so quiet and awkward, but I didn’t bother to talk to him and we finished in about a half an hour.

Still in silence, we walked to our lockers…

I held my breath in as I stood in front of my locker. I couldn’t help, but remember what happened here and the bulky guy’s look that I recalled made me shiver. My hands were shaking as I unlocked my locker.

“Are you okay?”

I quickly hid my shaky hands and turned to Luhan. “Yeah, what do you mean?” I faked a smile and a laugh before getting my things out. I was glad that Luhan didn’t ask anything else…


Luhan's POV.


She’s not fine. I knew it, but at the same time, I didn’t know what is wrong and I really couldn’t understand why she couldn’t just tell me the truth… We walked out of the school next to each other and I was wondering if I was the only one feeling awkward. Probably not, but I dismissed the thought when I saw the black car that came to pick us both up. “Get in.” I told Suyeon, pointing at the car.

“No, I better walk.” I rolled my eyes when she faked another smile.

I could see that she wanted to cry, but didn’t want me to witness the act. Thinking about her going home alone, crying as she walked made me cringe and I frowned before grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the car. She was trying to push me away, but I only rolled my eyes at how weak this girl is. “Just get in already.” I told her as I made her get inside of the car. She wasn’t happy. I sighed. “My mom would kill me if I’d let you go home alone.” I explained and sat inside of the car as well…

When we got home, she greeted maids and quickly went to my room that I now share with her. I went behind her, watching her every move. I was curious when her act would break. "You're not hungry?" the question just escaped my lips. I wanted to hear if her voice was shaky from holding her tears back and as she spoke, I heard that it was.

"Why do you care?" She snapped.

I gulped. "Okay… You're mean.” I said. “But anyway, I'm going out now. My friends asked me to call you too, but you're probably not interested, are you?" I asked her. It's true that EXO liked her and I really couldn’t understand why.

"No. I will stay home, chat with mom or something." She softened her voice and sat on the couch.

"Aish, I hate myself for doing this…" I said and walked up to her. "You can rest in my bed for now..." I looked away, still standing in front of her.

She got confused. “What?” she asked.

I groaned. “I said, you can rest in my bed, for now, until I get back.”

She frowned and stood up. “Why are you acting like this, huh? All nice to me?" she asked me and crossed her arms over her chest. I didn’t answer. She scoffed. “You're acting like this only because of what happened today, Luhan. I don't need your bed or your kindness. Just go."

I glared.

I was only being nice, why is she so mean? “Okay, but don’t you dare complain that I was mean to you, do you understand me?" I pointed my finger at her. As she didn’t reply and just glared back, I sighed and turned away, leaving before we both would fight.
 

Alan's POV.
 

I was walking towards my room, but I noticed Luhan getting out of his and he was somehow... blushing? I didn’t know, so I went to him. "Luhan-jerk.”

To my amusement, he glared. "What do you want? I don't have time, kiddo. I'm going to practice." He said.

I rolled my eyes. “I don’t care what you do with your life, okay?” I said. "Did something happen? You're red." I pointed at his cheeks.

He slapped my hand away. “No, idiot. Why would anything happen? You're crazy…" He awkwardly smirked at me. “I’m just so sick of seeing you, that’s it.” He said and quickly walked away.

I wondered what I did in my past life to deserve such an idiot as my stepbrother. Does he really think that I’m stupid? I can only scoff at him and go to Suyeon and ask about what happened. I’m not an idiot like him. I went closer to the door and as I slightly opened it, I could hear sobbing in the room.

Suyeon?

I frowned, thinking the worst that my idiot stepbother could have done to her and walked inside. My eyes softened when I saw her crying on the couch, hugging the blanket. I gulped, hating to see this. “Noona.” I spoke up and walked to her. “Did that do something to you?” I asked, sitting down next to her.

She looked up at me and started wiping her tears off.

I smiled a little bit. “Don’t worry. I won’t tell him you cried, okay?” I patted her back. She nodded, and tried to calm down. “What happened?” I asked her curiously.

“Nothing that you should know about, Alan.” She replied and faintly smiled.

I sighed. "If that guy hurts you… Tell me. I have many pranks that I’d like to do on him.”
 

End of the pov.
 

I was thankful when Alan tried to cheer my up, and as much as I wanted to plan a prank on Luhan, I just needed a good walk.

I put my shoes and jacket on before I told Luhan’s mother about leaving and the left the house alone. Since I still didn’t know the city, I was too scared to wander somewhere off, but I still found a nice park near the mansion.

As I walked around the park, I noticed a crowd surrounding someone and when I heard clapping, I decided to go there. When I approached the crowd, I saw a few guys with guitars and cute smiles that made me want to stay and watch them a little bit more and I didn’t regret since as they sang another song, I could feel myself calming down, finally forgetting about what happened at school.

I clapped along with the crowd as they finished the song, but soon the crowd quieted down when one of the guys started talking, saying that they’ll need a girl to sing a song with them.

I quickly took a step back as the cute guy walked towards the crowd, looking around for brave girls, but suddenly he saw me and grinned. My eyes rounded in confusion and I looked to my sides to make sure he was looking at me, but when he came up to me and shook my hand, I stopped wondering and looked at him with wide eyes. “You know how to play the guitar.” He stated as his smile widening. “You’re lost-girl123?”

My eyes went even wider.

How does he know my youtube account?? Is he a subscriber??

I couldn’t help but gulp nervously as I shyly nodded, still not sure if he has seen the videos that I’ve posted or not. My heart skipped a beat when he suddenly grabbed my hand again and pulled me towards his friends before handing me one of their guitars.

“Sing.” He encouraged. I shook my head.

“I-I can’t…” I said and he chuckled, exchanging looks with his friends who smiled at me.

“In one of your videos,” the guy started. “You said that you want to sing in front of people, to share your voice with them. That was the reason we started singing in this park.” He smiled charmingly. “We were just youtubers, just like you, sweetie.”

I was hesitant. I didn’t want to make a food out of me, but soon the guys encouraged the crowd to cheer for me and moments later I heard, "SING! SING! SING!” from both of my sides…

I sighed and looked down on the guitar. “Fine,” I said, smiling a little bit. “I’ll try.”

Author’s POV.


 

Luhan's pov.
 

We were done with practicing and we decided to go to my place. Well Tao really wanted to see Suyeon, so... I guess we're going.

The practice room wasn’t that far way, it was pretty close to my house. We walked through the park, hoping no one would recognise us, but when we were walking and laughing, I heard someone singing – a sweet voice – and I suddenly felt all giddy inside and didn’t even bother telling the guys as I walked to the crowd.

My eyes widened as soon as I saw who was singing.

“Suyeon...” I breathed out as she let out the last words of the song. Everyone started clapping around me as I stood there astonished and practically shocked that this girl had such a voice. I watched her coyly smile at everyone before she handed a guitar to some guy. And she was about to go, but she saw me.

“Luhan?”

I nodded slightly before I felt a way too tall friend bounce on me from behind. “Hyung. Let’s go… I want to see noona~”

“Tao?” I heard her voice and gulped instantly before turning to her with wide eyes.

“Oh? Noona~ Noona, what are you doing here??” Tao asked happily, his eyes shining as he walked away from me and went to her, clinging onto her arm. I took a deep breath.

“She was singing.” I said and all of them looked at me. I locked eyes with Suyeon who kept quiet. “C’mon, tell them.” I said.

“It wasn’t me, you idiot. What are you talking about?” she nervously laughed and rolled her eyes before she crossed her arms over her chest and walked away, leaving us all behind.

I glared at her back. “Yah, LIAR!” I shouted, receiving scowls from people around us. I growled in annoyance as I had to cover my face with the guys and quickly sprint towards Suyeon who was already near the street.

She was about to already step forwards, but Kris stopped her. “What are you thinking about if you don’t even see the car coming?” he asked, frowning in worry.

Suyeon looked at the car who drove past us and hung her head low, sighing. “Oh.” Was all that she said.
 

End of the pov.
 

.

Luhan saw me singing… I hope that the guys believe me and not him, I really don’t want him to tell me how bad I was, especially not in front of the guys.

"Let's go, Suyeon.” Kyungsoo called me. “What are you waiting for.. Summer?" he smiled, wrapped his hand around my shoulder and escorted me to the next side of the street.

"Thank you." I gave him a smile and then we just awkwardly stood there, smiling at each other like two idiots.

“Yah, D.O-ah.” Suho laughed. “Aren’t you trying to hit on her right here, huh?” he smirked, elbowing Kyungsoo in the ribs as the latter laughed and rubbed the back of his head.

“She won’t fall for him anyway… We know who the good looking one here is.” Kai said.

“Yeah – me.” All of them said, making me laugh.

Baekhyun raised his brows. “What are you laughing about?” he asked, placing his hands on his hips. “Who do YOU think is the best looking guy?” my eyes widened as I heard his sudden question.

“Noona, it’s me, right?” Sehun winked, smiling at me.

Tao glared at him before looking at me with a pout. “Noona. Tell them it’s me. Right now.” He cutely said, reminding me of a little kid as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“It’s… It’s…” I bit my lower lip, looking at all of them as they all waited for my answer… I glanced at Luhan for a moment and my eyes widened when he smirked.

“Just say that it’s me, Suyeon-ah.” He chuckled. “You saw me shirtless, after all…” his smirk grew as he tucked his hands in his pockets.

I took a deep breath before turning around and slowly starting to walk. When I heard their footsteps and questions behind me, I increased my speed and out of nowhere started running, trying to avoid their awkward questions.

Maybe I did know who was the most attractive to me, but there’s no way I’d say it out loud. Ever.

That jerk wouldn’t stop teasing me even if I’d move out.