Special day

I love you, jerk! {EDITING}

Double update!!
Check if you have read chapter 55




It’s Tuesday… For two stressful days I and EXO guys haven’t been in school. The pictures in the internet of me and Luhan – with his arm around me – were everywhere and no one let me outside since they were afraid that someone could hurt me or do something worse.

EXO guys were all supportive and texted me all the time that it’s okay every time I apologized or said that it’s my fault since I knew it really is my fault, however, Luhan’s been quiet and distant for these days – always staring at his phone, waiting for a call - and I don’t even know how to approach him anymore.

Today we probably had a longest conversation in these two days when he explained that finally his company has a plan and want him to go to the company and talk about it. I felt so happy when he suddenly held my hand and told me to come with him, I wanted to hear about their plan as well, but when we arrived there, they – the people that called Luhan – told me to wait outside of the office.

I have been sitting on this bench, in this hallway for over 5 minutes and I kept on wondering what they are talking about. Sometimes I could hear Luhan or the men inside of the office shout while arguing and after I heard Luhan scream that he won’t do something I decided to try and listen.

I walked over to the door – it was about five meters away from where I was sitting – and put my ear on it. For a moment I still wasn’t able to hear anything just some murmurs, but then everything got clearer. “We’re not saying that you should, we’re saying that you must break up with her!” I pressed my lips together and placed my hand on my chest as if trying to decrease the pain.

“…Why?” Luhan’s soft, but loud voice asked. “There are pictures on the internet… People already know about us!” he shouted and I could sense the anger in his tone. I wondered for a moment if I should just go inside and tell them that I will break up with Luhan myself so that I wouldn’t be a burden for his future.

I took a deep breath and was about to go in, but another voice spoke up. “It would be okay if she’d be a singer or an actress… A model at least, for crying out loud, but NO! You just had to choose a girl who’s not famous and who’s like an enemy to the camera!” My jaws dropped.

I tried to listen, but I wasn’t able to hear them clearly as they talked for another two minutes. “I said I won’t do it.” I gulped when I finally heard Luhan’s voice. “YOU HAVE A ING CONCERT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS!” I cringed a bit at the sudden yelling. “I don’t care.” I cursed Luhan for being so careless as I quickly sprinted away after hearing footsteps nearing towards me and the door.

I sat down on the little bench and pretended that I was doing something on my phone. As the door of the office opened I looked towards there and I froze when I saw the two men giving me the angriest looks I have ever received in my life. Then my eyes went on Luhan and his weary eyes that were looking at me as well.

The corners of his lips went a little bit up, it wasn’t really visible, but I was still able to notice before he turned around and bowed to the two men. “I was nice seeing you, have a nice day.” He said politely and the two men snarled. “I hope that you won’t be regretting your choice, Luhan-ssi.” One of them said.

“She’s not really worth it as well.” Another one said not minding the fact that I could perfectly hear them. However, Luhan just smirked and leaned closer to the man. I didn’t hear what he said, but when he leaned away, he turned around and walked up to me with a smile.

“What did you say to them?” I asked him, but he didn’t reply. Instead, he took my hand and pulled me up from the bench. “Come on, let’s get you home.” I frowned and pouted that he said let’s get ME home, but I decided not to question since I still didn’t know in what mood he was in.

We went outside through the company’s back exit and waited for EXO manager to come and pick us up. When he finally did, we got inside of the van and I cringed at the back seat, sitting there alone, apparently his manager already knew about us as well and he won’t let us sit together.

As if that’s going to change anything…

____________________________

As the van stopped I still didn’t move and waited for Luhan to speak up. He sighed and slowly turned his body to the side so he could look at me. “Come on, Suyeon… Go home, I need to do some stuff…” he said. “What stuff?” I asked him and he groaned.

“Suyeon, just go, okay? I’ll come by the mansion later and we’ll talk. Go.” I gritted my teeth as I stared him in the eyes, still trying not to cry. When he just stared at me back and didn’t say anything I figured that I should go before I really start to cry.

“Bye.” I managed to let out a soft whisper however my voice cracked on the end and before Luhan could see my teary eyes, I just sprinted away towards the mansion. As the maid opened the door for me, I lowered my head and just ran upstairs.

I slammed the door even though I didn’t want to and just collapsed on the bed, hugging the pillow and burying my face into it. I let out a terrible sob thinking that today was supposed to be one of the happiest days in my life and that it totally that opposite.

Great…

_______________

Me: Hey, do you want to meet me?
Sumin: Sorry, I’m kind of busy, maybe tomorrow?

Me: Hi, are you busy?
Serah: I’m going on a date, sorry.

Me: Meet me?
Myungsoo: I’m having dinner with Dara’s parents, maybe later?
Me: Yeah, maybe.

Me: Are you busy?
Woohyun: I’m going on a date with your friend, did you forgot?
Me: Oh. Sorry, have a nice date. :)


I groaned because of boredom and frustration. I threw my phone to the side as I flipped a couple of times in the bed, but I quickly sat up with wide eyes as I heard the knock on the door. “Luhan??” I asked and raised a brow before I got out of the bed.

I opened the door and my jaws dropped when I saw a huge cake with candles on it. “Wha—what’s this?” I asked Mrs. Wu who was standing outside the room with the maid who was holding the cake. “Bring it inside and put it on the table.” Mrs. Wu said with a kind smile and the maid nodded before walking past me.

I followed the cake with my eyes as the maid brought it inside of the room, but then I snapped back to reality when Mrs. Wu tapped my shoulder. “Your mom called and said that it’s your birthday, sweetie… Happy birthday.” She smiled at me and handed me some kind of box.

“You—you didn’t have to…” I said as I pressed my lips together into a smile and looked down on the box. “It’s from your parents, I didn’t have time to buy you a present, but I promise that I will take you shopping tomorrow.” She smiled at me and I nodded happily before we went to sit on the couch.

The maid prepared the cake and lit all the candles. I thanked her genuinely before she left and Mrs. Wu told me to make a wish and blow the candles. I nodded with that and closed my eyes. *I hope that everything would turn out okay for me and Luhan.* I wished and blew the candles out.

Luhan’s mom then clapped for me and gave me a big smile. “I called Luhan, but he said he can’t talk and just hung up… I’m sorry.” I shook my head. “No,no. It’s okay.” I said, acting that I’m okay even though I’m not… Mrs. Wu still didn’t know about me and Luhan. She was told that the pictures don’t mean anything and Luhan was the one who told her that.

“Aunty… You don’t have to sit here with me if you—“ I stopped talking and pouted as I heard my phone ringing. “Go get it, sweetie.” Mrs. Wu smiled and I nodded before quickly going to the bed and picking my phone up.

Chen: I haven’t seen you in two days… How are you?
Me: Fine, I guess… Luhan’s not with me again.
Chen: Do you want me to come over or something? I can bring some snacks.


I looked at Mrs. Wu. “Ahh… Aunty, could Chen oppa come over?” she quickly nodded happily. “Oh, that’s great! You won’t need to be alone with this old woman on your birthday, go on, ask him to come.” She said. I smiled back and thanked her before texting Chen.

Me: Get here faster, please. :D

_______________________________


I apologized to the maid who was about to open the door before I did it myself “HI!” I shouted and quickly wrapped my arms around Chen’s neck while grinning. I was so happy to see someone human and someone who will talk to me without ignoring me.

“Eheh, hi…” Chen chuckled as I pulled away and rubbed the back of his neck. I rolled my eyes at how he acted shy and quickly pulled him inside of the mansion. “Talk, talk, talk!” I demanded and his eyes rounded before I shut the door with the side of my .

“Oh, Chen-ah, you’re already here? Why don’t you two go and eat some cake, huh?” Mrs. Wu popped out from the living room and I nodded enthusiastically. “Sure, let’s go.” As Chen was bowing to Luhan’s mom, I grabbed his wrist and pulled his upstairs to the room.

“Huh?” he was confused for a moment as I sat him down on the couch. “Happy birthday, Suy—IT’S YOUR BIRTHDAY???” His eyes widened as he read the sign on the cake. I nodded at him with a grin and all of a sudden I noticed that he’s uncomfortable.

“Ahhh…” I realized why. “You don’t need to give me anything, you helped me a lot already, I couldn’t ask for anything.” I told him and he smiled. “Well, but still… Happy birthday.” He smiled and hugged me. I laughed and patted his back before I pulled away.

“Let’s have some cake!!”



Luhan’s POV.


“Are you sure?” I nodded for the man in front of the computer. “You can still change your mind, Luhan. I know that the company gave you this permission, but shouldn’t you consider denying the rumors? Just give up the girl” he said and I glared. “Not a chance, I already told the company that she's worth everything.” I told him.

“Are you sure?” he asked making me groan. “JUST… just, please, do it faster so that I wouldn’t change my mind. I don’t want to change my mind; I want to do this because it’s right… I won’t hide—“ “Fine, fine… I heard your speech before.” He rolled his eyes and turned back to the computer before he pressed enter.

“Here.” He leaned back and gave me a chance to look. I went closer and read the article again.

EXO Luhan admits:
 - “The girl in the pictures is my girlfriend.”



 



I told you soon. :D

Comment, please.