— That smirk.

I love you, jerk! {EDITING}

— That smirk.

“Woah, this place is huge!” I exclaimed as I got out of the limo that came to pick me up from the airport. My jaw dropped as I walked towards the mansion.

“Your luggage, miss! Let me, please.” The driver got out of the limo as well and almost ran to me, quickly taking my bag and bowing respectfully. I gawked, blinking my eyes at him. I was never used to this kind of behavior.

“T-Thank you…” I stuttered, still surprised. “How—How should I call you?” I raised my brows.

“My name is Kang Maru, but please call me whatever you want, miss.” He said and bowed again.

I smiled. “Maru oppa, I’ll call you Maru oppa.” I said and held his hand. “My name is Lee Suyeon, Maru oppa, nice to meet you.” He offered me a little smile back and then turned around, walking towards the gates. I proudly skipped next to him and then looked at him weirdly, cocking my brow up as he started pressing something on the wall before he suddenly leaned closer to it and spoke.

“Mrs. Wu, we have arrived.” Then he stood back.

I for a second thought that he’s crazy actually. “Why did you—YAH! WHAT THE HELL??!” I shrieked as the the gates in front of me started moving, not intimidated as I did my karate moves that I learned from Jackie Chan’s movies.

I glanced at the driver, but he didn’t look back when he spoke,

“Please follow me, miss.”

I noticed that he was speaking like someone who was forced to speak. I didn’t like that. But I said nothing and just nodded hesitantly, walking next to him.

I looked around the huge garden of the enormous mansion as we walked towards the door. “Who are these people, seriously??” I let out a deep breath. “Am I really going to live here??” I wondered out loud. This place is awesome!

“Yes. You’ll be sleeping in young master’s bedroom – upstairs.”

I nodded with the new information and just looked in front of me as we finally reached the door. It suddenly was opened by a woman wearing a maid’s outfit and when I walked inside, I noticed that there were five more maids. They are probably very rich; I thought worriedly, but suddenly bumped into a suspiciously very small person.

“Hey, watch it!” he snapped at me, placing his hands on his hips.

“I—“

I was cut off by a woman who walked into the room. "Son, be nice to her." She said and ruffed his hair while smiling at me.

"You know that I hate it…” The kid pouted.

"Are you Mrs. Wu?" I asked.

"Yes. Yes, Suyeon-ah, but please, don’t ever call me that…” she chuckled. “Just call me aunty.” She said and suddenly pulled me into a tight hug. "I've been waiting to meet you; your mother told me a lot about you." She smiled and let me go. 

I smiled awkwardly before looking at the small child. “Ahh~ Son? So you’re Luhan, right? Hi, I’m Suyeon, nice to meet you." I stretched my palm for him to shake it, but he just glared at it.

"Oh, no, dear..." Mrs. Wu suddenly started laughing. I looked at her, confused. She turned to the driver who still held my bag in his hands. “Maru, could you go upstairs and call Luhan for us? I want him to meet Suyeonnie.”

I cringed at the nickname, but didn’t dare to say anything to her as she turned back to me.

“This little guy is my younger son – Alan, he’s fourteen.”

I looked down at Alan and offered him a little smile. “Sorry for mistaking you with your brother. It’s still nice to meet you, though.” I said, to which he responded with a grunt. “W-what’s wrong?” I asked.

“That guy is not my brother – he’s my step brother.” He said, glaring at me.

“There’s no difference, Alan. Shake her hand for god’s sake. Don’t be rude.” Mrs. Wu said, crossing her arms over her chest as she gave him a strict look.

He rolled his eyes at me and finally shook my hand.

“So young and so arrogant.” I quoted my mom and laughed, but suddenly, I heard someone shouting,

“I SAID LET GO OFF ME!”

I gulped. "Is-Is that Luhan?" I asked with and looked at Alan with worried eyes. The guy's voice sounded like mine when someone wakes me up in the morning without a reason, and I know well that that is not a friendly person.

Alan nodded, his smile cute, but deceiving. "Yep,” He replied. “I bet ten bucks that you’re going to be dead by the end of this weak.”

I frowned. "What do you mea—"

"Yah! Show me her face!! I want to know what kind of a girl is this important that I am forced to get down!” I figured that it was Luhan who interrupted me. God, I was terrified. 

“Luhan!” aunty scolded him. You go aunty!

I stood behind her, and held onto her shoulder securely, a little bit scared of this guy. I could already imagine his angry face and tall, bulky body. It made me shiver when I thought about how big this guy must be, but when Luhan walked down the stairs and entered the room, my mouth just fell open, and I don't think I was ever this deceived. He has a baby face???

"No! Seriously?!” he began again. “Who does she think she is to just come here and—“ He stopped shouting, his lips still apart as he trailed off and locked eyes with me. Suddenly, he smirked, and I seriously didn't know what to do. 

I bit my lower lip and hid completely behind aunty.

“Scared, noona?” Alan smirked as well, resembling his step brother a lot. “Don’t be. Go greet him.” He said and all of a sudden grabbed my arm, dragging me towards Luhan before he ran off and giggled. This little ...

I glared at the younger’s back that soon disappeared behind a wall and then turned to look at Luhan, my eyes round. I know that boys aren’t supposed to be beautiful, but damn, he is. I gulped. “H—Hi…” I greeted him quietly and tried to smile or something, but my voice came out weird and I probably look horrible standing next to him. Great self-esteem.

After a moment, I noticed that he’s checking me out, from head to toe, and when he looked at my shoes, he smirked again before pouting his lower lip in confusion – or so I thought…

I was about to think that he’s cute, but suddenly he stepped forwards, leaving only an inch in between us. He leaned towards my ear, whispering breathlessly, “Your shoe laces.”

My eyes rounded and I quickly stepped back, looking down on my shoes. “Oh?” I got confused and he started laughing at me. I frowned as I realized that he was just fooling around. I’m wearing sling-backs, and they do not have any laces… I looked up at him in disbelief as he continued laughing at his lame joke. Does he really think he's funny?

“Another idiot.” I heard Alan say behind me.

I rolled my eyes at the two. Tired of being laughed at, I walked to aunty. “Could I... go and rest for a little bit? I’m very tired after the flight.”

"Oh? Sure. Luhan, her." She said and pointed at my luggage.

Luhan sneered."Why should I carry her stuff—"

"I'll take this myself." I smiled and quickly grabbed my – super heavy, but okay – bag.

"Yah! Get it for her!" Aunty shouted at Luhan.

"She said she’ll do it herself.” Luhan stated and started walking first. “Let's go, homeless girl." He snapped his fingers as he went past me.

 



"Frea—king.... jer—k.." I panted as I climbed the stairs. What the hell did I put inside of this bag?? Why is it so heavy??

"Did you say something?" Luhan suddenly stopped and turned around.

I quickly stood in a cool pose and faked a smug smile. "No, nothing." I said and he smirked, again. How many times have you already smirked, you jerk?!; I thought and glared at his back as we both started climbing the stairs.

"Do you need some help?" Luhan asked asked still walking with his back facing me.

I thought for a moment and then bit my lower lip. "Actually... I could use some—"

"You should have thought about that before taking your bag." He cut me off and snickered.

I was about to curse out loud and ruin my name in front of my mom's friend, but Alan popped right next to me out of nowhere, and seeing this little guy, I just couldn't curse. "Noona, do you need help?" He asked.

I pouted. "Will you really help me, or will you just make fun of me, like your brother?"

"STEP-BROTHER!" They both shouted.

I blinked. "Okay. Fine… Jeez..." I rolled my eyes.

Alan sighed. "Let me take this." He smiled and grabbed my bag. I looked at him suspiciously, wondering where the little devil from before went. “I’ll carry it for you.” He said and gave me a friendly look.

"Oh, no, no ,no, no, no.” Luhan spun around and shook his head. “You’ll carry it? So that mom would say good words about you? Tsk. I don't think so." He smirked and came to us, grabbing my bag from Alan. He gave me a quick glare before turning around and stomping away.

"What’s up with this guy?” I hissed. And then looked at Alan. "Why are you so good to me now, huh?" I asked.

He gave me an evil smile. "Soon enough, you'll hate him. So I think we can team up and do pranks on him together." He laughed and I reminded myself not to get on his bad side.

“Heh, you really are a little devil.” I chuckled and messed up his hair. But when he looked up though his bangs, I could feel him planning how to kill me and I just sprinted away. Normally, I would just go to the room, but did Luhan wait for me? Of course no.

I wandered around for about ten minutes before I heard loud music coming from one of the rooms. I walked there and twisted the knob. . Locked.

"Can't get in?"

I jumped up as a maid suddenly approached me. I shook my head. “No." I pouted.

"I'll help you." She smiled sweetly and got a bunch of keys out of her pocket. She put one of the keys into the lock and unlocked the door quickly. I sighed in relief.

“Thank you.” I said and bowed before she turned around and walked away. I then took a deep breath and prepared myself before twisting the knob again and then peeking inside. I was about to cover my ears because of the music, but as I walked inside, I had to cover my eyes instead. “YAH!” My hands fell over my eyes as I saw Luhan changing his shirt.

"What the hell??" He turned around and looked at me, surprised. "It was locked for a reason!" He yelled.

"Well why would you change right now?!" I yelled back.

"It's my room, I do what I want!!" I can't believe he's my age... He sounds like a seven year old. And I can't believe he's still not putting his shirt back on! And he noticed that I was still looking at him between my fingers. “Are you coming in or are you going to just stand there and drool over my body?” He asked, and SMIRKED.

I glared. “I’M NOT DROOLING!”

Who am I kidding...