「review」┋ domoplushielove

` ✼ exotic grounds — reviews gallery

 makeover by byun baekhyun )
———by domoplushielove——————————————————————————————————————
 

Title: 3/5

The title was not that unique, and it kind of revealed a large amount of the plot. At first glance, I knew that this will revolve around making the girl pretty to get her crush, and it so happens that a boy is going to transform her. I didn't dock any more points because when I read your story, I understood a deeper meaning in the title, so good job.

Foreword/Description: 5/10

They're too revealing. The fact that you stated that Eun Hee liked Kai was a downer, because you could've focused your description about Eun Hee's crush and her ignorance to Baekhyun. But all in all, your description and foreword are good.

Appearance: 3/5

Since I can't see the poster, I docked two points. But the background is not distracting, so that's a relief.

Plot: 9/15

Overused. The 'makeover' plot is cliche and a lot of people had already used it. There were no twist and turns because the main girl falls for her first crush, as always, and not the boy who had supposedly transformed her.

Originality: 10/15

I applaud you for bringing your own style to it, but the makeover plot is not oriiginal. Nevertheless, you executed your style nicely.

Grammar/Spelling: 11/20

embarassingly

Correct: embarrassingly

 

"Bwoh? What do you mean?"

Correct: "Mwoh? What do you mean?" 

I'm pretty sure it's 'M' not 'B' it's just you pronounce 'mwoh' as 'bwoh'

 

You were about to scream your help, but Baekhyun saw your face.

Correct: I was about to scream for help but Baekhyun saw my face.

You wrote in the first point of view at first, so it will be good to stick with one point of view as to not confuse the readers.

 

"You look like you're about to pass out" He looks at me,frowning. 

Correct: "You look like you're about to pass out." He looks at me, frowning.

 

Sure!" 

Correct: "Sure!" 

 

..Your gonna be late!"

Correct: ..You're going to be late!" 

 

I squeled.

Correct: I squealed. 

 

"YAH!....."

Correct: "YAH!" 

 

Your not welcome!

Correct: You're not welcome!

Characterization: 5/10

Until now, I can't still understand Eun Hee's character. What I got from reading your story is that she lets Baekhyun and Kai do almost anything for her, and even though when she takes a stand, she gives in. I also percieve that she is also kind and loyal to her friends, but that's it. Try adding more depth to your character and why she had felt that she was ugly, when you clearly desribed her as not. Come now, you described her appearance as big eyes, double eyelids, dimples, cute bangs, etc.. I didn't think that fit as the definition of 'ugly'

Flow: 10/10

The flow of your story was superb. It was neither slow or fast, so that was relieving.

Overall Enjoyment: 8/10

Frankly at first, I thought I would be bored with it, but it's actually very funny.

Total: 64/100

——reviewed by hyunvirus