Conscience

The Geek I Love Turns Out To Be The Hot Kim Jaejoong (Editing)

Comments (good and bad) are much appreciated ^^

Chapter 50

Conscience

~Author’s POV~

“So. Do you have any plans of telling us what’s happening?” Yunho asked Jaejoong. The 5 of them were seated around the kitchen table. Chun Ju was out while Kyoung Mi was sleeping in her room.

“She’s in some kind of amnesia.” Jaejoong sighed. Saying it out load made it harder for her to accept that she can’t remember him other than being her ahjussi. “I was there when she woke up and she immediately thought I was her ahjussi.”

The others exchanged looks of disbelief, silently debating whether to believe what they just heard or not.

“Some girlfriends pretend to lose their memories you know. They do it to earn sympathy. Maybe Kyoung Mi’s just playing.” Changmin said, trying to lighten up the mood.

But he didn’t. Jaejoong glared at him and spoke through gritted teeth. “You do not accuse of my baby that way. She perfectly knows I will do anything for her without a reason.”

“Mianhae.” Changmin whispered and kept silent.

There was a whole minute of awkward silence until Yunho, the sensible one, decided to ask a sensible question.

“What did the doctor say? Will she recover soon? Is there something we can do to help her?”

Jaejoong shook his head. “It depends on what made her forget her memories. In Kyoung Mi’s case, I guess her brain would not want to retrieve those memories. She has to want to remember. If she doesn’t, she’ll continue living like this.”

“Hyung.” Yoochun called out in a comforting tone. “She’ll recover, okay? We’ll help in every little way.”

“I’ll play with her if you want!” Changmin exclaimed.

“Yeah, let Changmin play with her.” Junsu said. “Besides, he thinks like a child and you said that you’ve both known her since high school, right?”

“Ne.” Jaejoong nodded.

“But hyung, you haven’t told us why Kyoung Mi didn’t recognize you when we first met her.” Yoochun said.

Changmin and Junsu nodded. The eagerness to hear Jaejoong’s answer was evident in their eyes.

Again, Jaejoong shook his head. “I… I can’t tell you right now.”

“Ahjussi.” Kyoung Mi’s voice called out from the stairs. “Ahjussi?”

“Wae, Kyoung Mi-ah?” Jaejoong asked when she appeared in the kitchen. He motioned her to come closer.

She scratched her eyes as she walked towards her ‘ahjussi’. “Ahjussi, I can’t sleep anymore.”

“Wae?” He asked, pulling her onto his lap.

“Nightmare.” She pouted. “I don’t want to sleep. I don’t want to have that dream again.” Kyoung Mi wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his neck. “I want omma.” She started crying, so Jaejoong looked at the others for help.

“Kyoung Mi-ah.” Changmin stood up and approached them. “Let’s go to my room. We can stay up all night.”

“Jeongmalyo?” She sniffed as she looked at the owner of the voice.

“Come.” He held out his hand and walked to his room with the still sniffing ‘girl’ behind him.

When the two were gone, Jaejoong spoke again. “I’m wondering why it doesn’t shock her.”

“What doesn’t?” Junsu asked.

Jaejoong straightened up in his seat and rested his elbows on the table. “Surely, she sees herself in the mirror when he uses the bathroom, right? And surely, she sees how her body looks like. But she never asked me why she looks that way, why she doesn’t look like a 12-year old.”

“Hyung.” Junsu said. “I mean no offense, okay? But don’t you think it’s possible that Kyoung Mi’s hiding something from us?”

Jaejoong narrowed his eyes at him. “Shut up.”

With that, Jaejoong stood up and went out to the front yard.

~Kyoung Mi’s POV~

While playing with Changmin oppa, I had this feeling of desire to just stay like that, to be a child again. Life was much easier without this, without love.

But is it better without Leejun? A soft voice asked inside my head. Will you be happier if you didn’t meet him?

One thing is for sure, I wouldn’t be facing much problems like this if I hadn’t met him.

Sure, it would be easier. But would it be more worthwhile to live without him? Do you have a reason to sacrifice and be a better person?

The answer was simple and obvious: NO.

Lee Jun was my life. When I lost him, I had Jaejoong. Lee Jun and Jaejoong make me live. They give me all the reasons to smile and fight.

But why are you hiding? Why are you hiding yourself behind a 12-year old image?

Because. . .

See? Stop hiding, Kyoung Mi. You know that among all people, Jaejoong’s the one who will sacrifice everything he has for you. Go. Tell him.

“Jaejoong.”

 


 

 

>> COMMENT REPLIES <<
@MagicalRain4: I know Kyoung Mi has her own reasons ^^ Btw, I'm still thinking
it through whether to end this sadly or happily. =)

@MarieNoble: Komawo ^^ I love you <3
@Yeonnie: Mianhaeyo >.< It's just that I can't reply to each and every comment
because most contain the same messages. :)

@luvinFLH4eva: ^^ I hope I'm not making you cry because of my lame updates.
@SHINeeKimOnHyun: This story loves you back! <3 Kekeke.
@oOminchieOo: Aigoo, don't hate your Kyoung Mi noona, okay? If you do, Jaejoong hyung won't be happy. :))
@daesungvip: I freaking LOVE your comment! :))) Haha! One of the longest I've had <3 Btw, your
message will surely reach Kyoung Mi. :D

@meeeyi: Yes, she's the only one who knows :)

@allreaderswhoareasking: Yes, Kyoung Mi did not lose her memories. Yes, she is pretending, but NO, please do not hate her.
I know that Kyoung Mi will never want to hurt Jaejoong. We all know Kyoung Mi, right? ^^ Please do not bash her just yet. =) Thank you!