Decision

The Geek I Love Turns Out To Be The Hot Kim Jaejoong (Editing)

Good news: I lost 3 subscribers today *sigh*

Anyway, please leave your comments (whether good or bad), but please, do not comment with only an "update soon!"..

Chapter 41

Decision

 

~Changmin’s POV~

Breathe in. Breathe out. I mentally told myself to help me decide whether I should tell Kyoung Mi the truth or not. All right, why not think of the reasons why I should and should not?

As if in cooperation with me, my alarm suddenly went off and I took that chance to pretend that someone was calling me so I excused myself and went to the veranda. Once I was there, I put my phone on my ear, pretending to talk to somebody.

Well, I was really talking to someone: myself.

My forehead scrunched as I argued about my two options.

Okay, reasons why I should tell her. First, she deserves the truth. Why? Because she cared so much about Lee Jun and me, add the fact that she was the only person who did so besides our families.

Second, she’s Lee Jun’s “girlfriend”. Why did I put those quotation marks? Because they weren’t officially a couple. Don’t ask me why. I don’t know.

Okay, third, she is Jaejoong’s girlfriend. I know some of you are saying that she doesn’t really love Lee Jun because she’s with Jaejoong now, but tell you what, she loves Jaejoong because he is Lee Jun.

Fourth, she’s been suffering since we left, wondering why Lee Jun didn’t even say goodbye to her, why he suddenly left without warning.

Fifth, Lee Jun deserves it as well. It’s just plain unfair that Han Ku ahjussi separated them when they were obviously in love with each other. Lee Jun has been suffering from guilt of leaving Kyoung Mi despite his promise that he’d wait for her in the University.

I know all these things because Lee Jun has been my best friend since grade school and being the only guy with him, he tells me everything. We’re brothers. And it’s not being nosy because Kyoung Mi knows that Lee Jun tells me everything about them.

Now, the reasons why I should not tell her the truth.

First, it will definitely, and I mean DEFINITELY hurt her to know that her own father was the one behind her loss of the person she loves. Despite Lee Jun’s imperfection, I am 100% sure that Kyoung Mi wouldn’t replace him for anyone, not even Jaejoong. If she was asked to picked between Lee Jun and Jaejoong, I’m sure she’d pick Lee Jun, the geeky guy whom she fell in love with.

Second, she will, again, definitely run away again if she knows about it. Remember when she ran away because of a text from Lee Jun? Imagine what could happen if I tell her now.

*sigh*

I looked back to Kyoung Mi who had her eyes glued on the television already. She looked at me and I signaled her to wait while I “talk” on the phone. She nodded and looked back to the TV.

I sighed again.

Okay, where were we? Oh, third reason, I should not be the one to tell her. I know I’m involved in this, but wouldn’t it be better if she hears it from Jaejoong or her dad? They’re the “most sensual” persons involved her anyway.

Fourth, her father will surely make a way to get away. Either he lies about it and just let things pass, or he’ll separate us from Kyoung Mi again. And I know that both Lee Jun and she won’t be able to take it anymore.

Lastly, I CANNOT FIND THE RIGHT WORDS TO TELL HER!!!!

Damn, I’m scared of butterflies. How much more scared of Kyoung Mi do you think I am? She was the batch representative back in high school and was often chosen to represent the school in academic competitions.

Okay. I’ve made my decision. I will –

Ding! Dong!

The doorbell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. I sighed, thankful to whoever that was because Kyoung Mi immediately left my room to open the door.

I followed her shortly and saw Han Ku ahjussi in the living room with her.

“Why are you still awake?” He asked Kyoung Mi.

She pouted like a baby and hung her head down. “I was talking to Changmin oppa. Actually, I was just supposed to get a drink, but he gave me a laugh, so I can’t sleep anymore.”

“It was her fault!” I shouted defensively, smirking at Kyoung Mi who stuck her tongue out at me.

Han Ku ahjussi shook his head and turned back to his daughter who was already yawning widely. “Haven’t you slept yet?”

“I have.” Kyoung said as she scratched her eyes. “I told you, appa. I was supposed to get a drink ‘cause I woke up.”

“Aish this girl. Go back to sleep, okay? I don’t want your uncle telling me you’re sneaking out in the middle of the night.” He said, ruffling her hair.

“Where would I go?” Kyoung Mi muttered. “Why would I sneak out?”

“I don’t know.” Her dad said. “All I know is that you’re a stubborn girl who gets what she wants.”

“Not always.” She whispered.

Ahjussi laughed and pinched her cheeks. “Go back to sleep now. I won’t leave unless you do so.”

“Arasso, appa.” Kyoung Mi said with a nod. She planted a kiss on his cheek and entered her room. When she was gone, Han Ku ahjussi looked at me.

“Has she really been here the whole time?” He asked.

“Ne, ahjussi.” I answered quickly, although I knew that Kyoung Mi was with Lee Jun the whole day.

He nodded. “Make sure she will not leave, okay?” Before I could even ask why, he was already going down the stairs and left.

“Aish Kyoung Mi, why are you being punished like this?” I muttered to myself as I went back to my room and sat on the edge of my bed, waiting for Jaejoong hyung’s call.

After about 5 minutes, my phone buzzed.

Conversation

C: Yoboseyo?

J: Changmin-ah.

C: Oh hyung, where are you?

J: Did he leave already?

C: Yes, hyung. Don’t you think he might suspect because your car isn’t here?

J: He won’t, as long as Kyoung Mi’s there. He wouldn’t know anything.

C: Arasso.

J: *silent*

C: Are you on your way home? I doubt Kyoung Mi’s already asleep.

J: She’s not sleeping yet?

C: She’s been in her room for a few minutes, but I think she’s waiting for you.

J: Okay. Bye.

End of Conversation

I know most of you want me to tell Kyoung Mi already, but I understand the point of some of you, that Jaejoong hyung should be the one to tell her.