This Can't Be

The Geek I Love Turns Out To Be The Hot Kim Jaejoong (Editing)

Chapter 45

This Can't Be

~Jaejoong’s POV~

We were back stage, having our make-up done for our Music Bank performance. The stylist had to redo my eyeliner three times because I kept on looking at Kyoung Mi who was on the couch talking to manager hyung.

“You’ll be all right?” I heard him ask as both of them went towards the door.

Kyoung Mi nodded. “I have to catch up on so much lessons. School is much easier than this anyway, ahjussi.” She answered.

Hyung ruffled her hair and left the dressing room.

“DBSK! You’ll be up in 5 minutes!” One of the staffs said.

“Yunho oppa, are you done?” Kyoung Mi asked Yunho who was sitting beside me. She kept her voice down and it seemed to me that she didn’t want me to hear what she was about to say.

“Ne. Wae?” He asked, turning his chair to face her.

“Here’s my schedule.” Kyoung Mi handed her a piece of paper. “I’ll be leaving now. If you need me, just pick me up, or if you can’t, just give me a call.”

“Chincha? Why do you have to go?” Yunho asked, scanning her schedule. “You’ll be busy until 10 pm?”

Kyoung Mi nodded. “I have to catch up on everything I missed since the world tour. I know I earn a lot of money here, but I still want to finish my studies.”

Yunho smiled and pinched her cheek. “Just don’t exhaust yourself too much, okay? And call me after your final class, I’ll pick you up.”

“Arasso, oppa. I’ll go now.” Kyoung Mi bowed to each person in the room. Except me.

She left the room and I forced the stylist to hurry up with my make-up. I ran outside and luckily caught up with her just before she stepped into the elevator.

“Kyoung Mi.” I whispered, hugging her from behind.

Her body tensed, but she didn’t react or answer.

“Why did you leave without saying goodbye?” I asked. “Why didn’t you give me your schedule? You know I’d pick you up anytime.”

She shrugged her shoulders and pulled away from me. “I’m late for class.”

“Kyoung Mi.” I gripped her wrist. “Don’t be like this.”

She twisted her wrist from my grip and faced me. “Tell Yunho oppa to pick me up at 10:30 if he can. If not, I’ll just take the bus.”

~Kyoung Mi's POV~

I ignored him. I ignored him and you already know why. I think I just have to let a few more hours pass, then we'll be fine again.

When I got to school Ha Neul was there to meet me by the gate.

"Kyoung Mi!" She shrieked, trapping me in her tight bear hug. "I missed you so much! You don't know how boring classes have been without you!"

I laughed as she faked a cry. "Come on, Ha Neul. Stop the drama. I'm here now."

She stopped her fake sobs and looked at me. "Why did you come alone? Where's oppa?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "He's at Music Bank. I can't make him miss his performance, right? Besides, I perfectly know the way to school."

To avoid any more of her questions, I grabbed her hand and started walking towards our building.

My day was busier than ever. I answered all the tests I could all day and didn't eat a single bite of food just to finish as many as possible. Even Ha Neul couldn't convince me to leave the library.

"I'll just buy you a sandwich." She said and stormed off.

Aigoo, that girl. I thought.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. Jaejoong was calling.

"Yoboseyo." I held my phone between my shoulder and my cheek so I could continue answering my exam.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"Fine.  How was your perf?" I asked in return.

"It was okay, but you weren't there afterwards, so it's not as good as before."

"Stop that." I said, unable to suppress a silent laugh.

I knew at that moment, Jaejoong was smiling because of my laughter. He knew I wasn't ignoring him anymore.

"I should go now, Jae. I'm answering a test." I whispered as the librarian passed by.

"Oh, sorry. I'll hung up now. Take care, okay? I love you." He said quickly and killed the line.

I smiled to myself and surprisingly answered the test easily after that.

After hours of endless writing, computing, analyzing and comprehending, I finally finished all the tests that I had to answer ONLY FOR THAT DAY. It was 10 pm and all I ate was the sandwich that Ha Neul bought for me.

Yunho oppa texted me that he was too tired to pick me up. Jaejoong, on the other hand, was surprisingly NOT answering my calls and texts. I decided to just go home on my own.

It wasn't a long ride home, but it felt like it because I was so tired. My hand was so sore and my eyes were so teary. As I walked down the streets, all I did was flex my hand again and again, hoping it would ease the pain.

But it didn't, so I gave up and just hastened my pace.

I was near DBSK's dorm already. It was around 10:45, but all the lights were still open. They were all awake in their all rooms.

"I can finally rest." Kyoung Mi whispered and opened the gate. She was a few steps from the door when he heard a man's voice inside- a mad voice.

"You cannot do anything that will force me to tell her the truth!" The voice said. "She's my daughter and I decide what's good for her!

Appa? Is that appa?

"She deserves the truth! She's been suffering long enough!" Another voice said, a voice I could recognize anywhere.

"Kyoung Mi doesn't know about any of this and she will never know!" The other voice snarled. "I don't care if she knows you're Lee Jun, but you will NOT tell her my involvement in this! That. I. Planned. It. All!"

BOOM

I slammed the door open and I saw what I was fearing to see. My dad and Jaejoong were there, arguing. I couldn't believe my eyes. It really was my dad behind everything. And I freaking did not believe the guy who loved me the most- Lee Jun.

I looked at my dad whose eyes were so wide. He obviously didn't expect I'd be there to hear all his words. Then I looked at Jaejoong who was standing like my dad. He was looking back at me.

I felt something hot in my eyes, blurring my vision- tears. I wanted to cry. Because my dad lied to me, he destroyed my life, he broke my heart.

"He was right." I told my dad. "It was you." I looked at him for another second and broke into a run back to the street. 


I'm actually satisfied with this update :))

I hope you are too :D

Spare me for the spelling/grammar mistakes. This isn't edited.