The Real Deal

The Geek I Love Turns Out To Be The Hot Kim Jaejoong (Editing)

 

Hey there!

I just wanted to update now because tomorrow is Monday and it will be another week for me at school.. xDD

Haha!

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter :D

^_^

______________________________________________________________________________

~Jaejoong’s POV~

Her lips landed on mine. I didn’t know why she kissed me, but of course, I liked it.

She pulled away after a few seconds.

“Wh—“

“I-I’m sorry.” She whispered and quickly went for the door, but I grabbed her arm and turned her around to face me. “I’m really sorry, Jaejoong.”

“It’s all right. I’m not mad.” I let go of her arm when I was sure she would not leave. “Please tell me why you did that.”

“I…” She bowed her head. I could tell she felt embarrassed of herself. She was not the type of girl who acts like that. “I-I-I just thought. . .”

“What?”

“I just thought – that maybe – if I kiss another guy – I…” She looked up and I saw tears in her eyes. “I thought I can forget him. I thought it would be that easy.”

I was dumbfounded. I didn’t know if I should be sad that she wanted to forget about me as Lee Jun or if I should be happy that there’s a chance that she can like me as Jaejoong.

~Kyoung Mi’s POV~

“I just thought – that maybe – if I kiss another guy – I…” I tried preventing tears from forming in my eyes, but I was such a crybaby. “I thought I can forget him. I thought it would be that easy.”

Jaejoong didn’t answer. He just looked at me like he couldn’t believe what I just said. I felt embarrassed. A girl should not be doing what I did.

I turned around and went down the stairs to meet the others.

~Jaejoong’s POV~

That day was our first and last proper conversation. Weeks passed, she was always with us, during our practices, album launches and press conferences. She has grown closer to the others, but we were always awkward with each other. We talked, but only to tackle about my schedule and performance.

I missed her. I missed her screams, her punches and her glares. It was better than not having to talk or have fun with her. I guess it was about the kiss she gave me. When our eyes meet, she would quickly turn away and pretend to do something.

She doesn’t know it, but I always sneak into her room in the middle of the night. I would always trace her beautiful face with my fingers and hum to her while she sleeps. Yes, she isn’t talking to me until now and I wanted to stop it.

(Last Day of Rehearsals)

I was tired. My turn of solo dancing just finished and I slumped down on the floor.

“Aish.”

“Ne, omma. Ahjussi already filed an excuse paper from the principal. Ne, I’ll be fine, omma. We’ll just be in Japan for week. Don’t worry. Yes, I will call every night and I will not forget about my health. Arasso, annyeong.”

I turned around and realized that Kyoung Mi was in the corner, talking to her mom on the phone. I stood and walked towards her, but Changmin was beside her before I even noticed him walking by.

“Kyoung Mi ah.” He called.

“Ne, oppa?”

She smiled at him. Yes, she was smiling already. I guess the others managed to make her happy enough.

“Somebody’s looking for you.” Changmin said, wiping his sweat with a towel.

“Who?”

“Your dad.”

“Mwo? Appa’s here?” She quickly put her phone in her pocket, grabbed her bag and left the practice room.

Han Ku sunbae is here?

I froze on that spot when I heard what Changmin said. My hands shook, I didn’t hear Changmin shouting my name until he waved his hand in front of me.

“Hyung, aren’t you coming? Han Ku ahjussi is downstairs. I think he wants to see you too.” He was excited, of course. Han Ku sunbae never spit in front of him that he was an ugly, spectacled, geek who can’t give his daughter even an average-looking child.

“You go, Changmin.” I told him and sat down on the chair. “I bet he wants to see you, not me.”

“But hyung, you were close to him, right? We were with him before we left for the surgery.” Changmin’s eyes were shining with happiness, but mine were pitch black.

“Changmin, he told you that he’s happy Kyoung Mi had you as a friend, right? He said he’ll help you with your dreams of becoming a singer, that’s why he gave you a surgery, to make you look better.” I said blankly.

“Yes, hyung. He did the same to you.” He sat beside me. “That’s why we’re here. We should thank him.”

“No, Changmin. He had a different reason why he gave me all this.” I said in a desperate tone.

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“He hated me for being with Kyoung Mi.”

~Flashback~

“Lee Jun.” Han Ku ahjussi called me into his office. He was the president of a large insurance company and I was there because he wanted to talk to Ha Ju and me. I entered and sat on the chair across him.

“Ha Ju said he wants to be a singer.” He said.

I didn’t know where he was getting at so I just nodded.

“But he said that he can’t go and train alone. He wants someone to be with him.” Han Ku ahjussi continued.

“Ahjussi, don’t singers need to be charming? I mean, Ha Ju—“

“Is not that good-looking, yes.” He finished my sentence. “That’s why I am here to help. I offered him a facial surgery before auditioning in SM. And I would like you to be with him.”

“But ahjussi, I don’t really dream of becoming a singer. Actually, I promised Kyoung Mi that I would wait for her in the university because she would take the same course that I am taking up.” I protested.

He held his index finger up for silence. “Exactly why I want you to leave with Ha Ju. I demand you to be a singer and I demand you to leave my daughter’s life.”

I was shocked. ‘He wants me out of Kyoung Mi’s life? What—Why---‘

“Ahjussi—“

“You know my daughter is known to be smart, yes, but beautiful and talented, right?”

“I do, ahjussi. But wh—“

“And you know that you are smart, and it’s just until that. You’re not just smart, actually, you’re a geek, Lee Jun and I don’t want my daughter to end up with a clumsy nerd.”

I felt like I was stabbed in the chest. ‘What did he say? Clumsy nerd? Geek? Kyoung Mi never complained of me being like that.’

“Lee Jun, I will have my people send you and Ha Ju to Busan in a few minutes. Don’t worry about the expenses and all, my company will handle that. You will have your surgery this week.”

I didn’t understand what was happening. He said he wanted me out of Kyoung Mi’s life. Kyoung Mi, the girl I loved, the only girl who saw me not as a clumsy, spectacled geek who can’t even catch a ball properly. I knew Kyoung Mi loved me, I knew she wasn’t just playing around with me.

“Ahjussi, I—“

“And one more thing.” He kept on interrupting me. “You will not tell Kyoung Mi any of this, Lee Jun. She must not know that you are leaving and where you will be. Do not even think of texting her.”

He talked to one of his staff on the phone and went back to me. “You may go. My men are waiting outside. You and Ha Ju will be escorted to Busan.”

I froze. I felt like my feet were dragging me to hell as I walked outside and went into the van. Ha Ju was there and he looked ecstatic.

“Hyung! I can finally become a singer. Han Ku ahjussi is so nice to help us, isn’t he?”

Not wanting to ruin his mood, I just gave him a weak smile and nodded.

“Oh yeah, he also said he’ll be changing our names.”

“He didn’t tell me anything about that.” I said blankly.

“Oh well, maybe he just forgot.” Ha Ju took off his glasses and wiped the lenses with his school polo. “You, Park Lee Jun, will be Kim Jaejoong.”

Honestly, I liked the name.

“And I, Yang Ha Ju, will be Shim Changmin.”

After that, he just kept on humming and singing to himself until we reached the airport.

I was silent. I wanted to scream and break anything in reach, but I was not a man who shows my anger. That’s what Kyoung Mi didn’t like about me, I just let others pick on me and beat me up. The only time I got mad and fought was when an old man almost her.

I stared at down at the slowly shrinking view of Seoul as I thought about Kyoung Mi and how she would feel if I don’t turn up later when her classes finish.

‘I’m sorry, baby sunbae. I can’t do anything against your dad. I love you, Kyoung Mi and I promise that I will learn to fight for me. I will fight for us.’

~End of Flashback~

“Are you kidding me, hyung?” Changmin’s eyes were almost as wide as pingpong balls and he was trying hard not to shout.

“No, Ha Ju, if all that was just a made-up story, why do you think I didn’t tell Kyoung Mi that I am Lee Jun? Do you think she’ll be happy when I tell her that her dad made me leave? And do you think I would have auditioned if ahjussi didn’t force me to?” I stood up. “Let’s go. I’ll make him realize that I am good enough for Kyoung Mi now.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, how was it?

Remember the rules, okay?

Love ya!

~daniela501

Oh yeah, comment and subscribe :D I already have more chapters for you :))))