THIS is Home

The Geek I Love Turns Out To Be The Hot Kim Jaejoong (Editing)

Chapter 35

THIS is Home

 

~Ha Neul’s POV~

Jun oppa left after we explained to omma what happened. I could see the disappointment in her eyes when oppa seemed more excited to see Kyoung Mi than her.

“Omma?” I whispered, reaching out to her hand.

She nodded to me, saying she’s all right. “I understand your brother, Ha Neul. I know Kyoung Mi plays a big role in his life and I totally understand that he feels worse because of Han Ku.”

I smiled at her. I was proud of my mom. She always understood how we felt. No matter what mistake we do, no matter how badly we disappointed her, she never got mad. I never experienced her laying a hand on me or shouting at me.

“Omma, how do you think Kyoung Mi would feel when she knows?” I asked, leaning closer to her ear to avoid being overheard. I know that if she doesn’t know, she won’t be hurt, but I also know that she deserves the truth. I was just scared of what will happen to her relationship with her dad. “How do you think she’ll handle it?”

“I don’t know.” She said as she shook her head. She was obviously worried as well. Kyoung Mi was already like a daughter to her seeing that she is oppa’s one and only love and my best friend. Kyoung Mi came over ever so often either to have oppa teach her the lessons too hard for her or to make our project with me. She’s my sister. Even though I met her months after oppa did, I know that our friendship was true and that even if oppa never met her, we would still be best friends.

“I just hope it would not be worse when Lee Jun left.” Omma continued. “You remember how her eyes bulged when he left, right? It was like she didn’t have sleep for weeks!”

I nodded. It was true. Kyoung Mi looked like hell through those years. She didn’t talk unless asked a question. Even her grades went down and she started having daily arguments with her mom.

“Wait.” My mom suddenly said, gripping my knee. “Does Kyoung Mi know that you know about this?”

Oh dang! I ran my hand down my face. “I did not think of that. I shouldn’t have let him in.”

I can’t believe I was so stupid! I never did something as reckless as that! Now what?! Kyoung Mi might think that I betrayed her. And that’s the last thing I want to happen.

“Ha Neul?” Oppa suddenly called out.

Oh my god! I hope they didn’t hear anything that I said.

“Oppa?” I called back, trying hard to keep myself from stuttering.

Before I got an answer, oppa was already in the room, pulling Kyoung Mi behind him. Even from afar, I saw how tightly they held onto each other’s hand. Aww, sweet! <3 They were just SOOO sweet. When oppa first brought her home, I was literally wide-eyed and open-mouthed as I watched them holding hands and being a lovey dovey couple. It’s not that I didn’t like Kyoung Mi for oppa, but as much as he’s my older brother, I never expected someone like Kyoung Mi to go for him.

“Oh you’re both here. I better prepare some snacks then.” Omma said and stood up to prepare what? Sandwiches, I guess. She just looooves making sandwiches especially tuna and chicken.

Oppa smiled with a nod towards her and went to sit on the long couch, pulling Kyoung Mi beside him. Not just a simple ‘beside me’, okay? They were sitting like there were more people beside them and squishing them together.

“I know you’re used to this, Ha Neul.” Oppa joked and I realized I was staring at them with my mouth agape. Who could blame me?! It had been years since I last witnessed them like this.

“Oh stop it.” I rolled my eyes at him and looked at Kyoung Mi with a worried expression. “Kyoung Mi, you’re not mad, right?” I asked, but after a few moments of no response, I followed it with “Or are you?”

Kyoung Mi sat there, staring at a space on the table before looking up at me with a smile. “No.” She shook her head. “I’ve been thinking it through since I discovered it. I wasn’t sure if you were really aware, but I just thought that maybe. So yeah, I’m cool with it.”

“Kyoung Mi?” I saw oppa squeeze her hand and curl her hair behind her ear with his other hand. Aish, this guy. Never even thought of hiding his lovey acts from me. “You want to stay here?”

Kyoung Mi immediately shook her head and started her flashy and long answer. “I’m not staying when I know you have to go back to your dorm. What’s the use of staying in your room? Do you expect me to just hug a stuffed toy and imagine it’s you? I know Ha Neul’s here and all, but I really wanna stay with you!!! It’s so senseless to ask me if I wa—“

Thank god oppa held her cheek and rested his thumb on her lips.

“Thanks, oppa.” I whispered. “I’m not used to her being like that anymore.”

He chuckled at me and turned back to Kyoung Mi. “What are you talking about, huh?” He asked, looking at the pouting girl in front of him. “Why would I ask you such a thing if I won’t be here?” He laughed and gave her a peck on her lips. “You cute little tyke.”

“So you’re staying as well?” Kyoung Mi asked, grabbing oppa’s hands.

“I never knew you’re so forgetful.” Oppa said with a fake exasperated sigh. “Hyung said we have a week-long break, remember? He told us just yesterday while we were having breakfast.”

By the look in her eyes, I knew that Kyoung Mi totally had no idea whatsoever about that announcement so oppa just smiled and pinched her cheeks.

“You don’t have to remember.” He said. “It won’t change the fact that I’m sleeping with you tonight.”

“Oh come on!” I growled. “Can you please stop making me envious?”

Kyoung Mi giggled and rolled her eyes at me. “Why can’t you just pick the best one among your suitors? You have a lot.”

“Well.” I said and winked at oppa. “No one’s as good as that guy beside you.”

__________________________________________________________________________

2nd update :)))

How was it?

Comment and subscribe :DDD