Anything For The Money (Edited)

The Geek I Love Turns Out To Be The Hot Kim Jaejoong (Editing)

“Kyoung Mi!” Mrs. Lee called out from the kitchen to her daughter who was busy writing stories inside her room. “Kyoung Mi!” She shouted louder when she got no response. “PARK KYOUNG MI!” She burst into Kyoung Mi’s room when she still didn’t respond.

“Omma!” Kyoung Mi dropped her iPod. “Please stop doing that. That’s my third iPod this year!”

“Well then, can you please start answering when I call you.” Her mom said, resting her fists on her waists. “I lose my voice all the time because of you.”

“I had earplugs on.” Kyoung Mi defended, going back to writing stories.

“It’s time for dinner, Kyoung Mi. And your uncle Chun Ju will join us. He said he needs to talk to you.” Her mom said, pulling the earplugs from her ears. “And please, leave your iPod here.”

Kyoung Mi stuffed the papers in her drawer and threw her iPod on her bed before following her mom down the stairs. “Why does ahjussi need to talk to me? I mean, he barely visits us these days anyway.”

“Is that supposed to be questioned? He’s busy managing a band.” Her mom said.

“Maybe you mean busy managing a bunch of boys who swoon over their own faces and abs.” Kyoung Mi mocked, sitting down on her usual seat at the dinner table.

Her mom rolled her eyes. “What’s your problem, Kyoug Mi? You’re 18. The other girls your age love those guys. Why don’t you do too? There’s nothing wrong with that.”

“There is, omma. Those other girls swoon over their plastic-surgeried faces.” Kyoung Mi said, putting a piece of marshmallow inside .

“You never dated since Lee Jun left. That was, like, 3 years ago. Why don’t you look for another guy? Lee Jun might not come back.” Her mom placed the dishes on the table while Kyoung Mi raised an eyebrow at her.

“Omma, you think it’s easy to forget Lee Jun? He saved my life, he helped me finish high school and he defended me from that ing ugly down the street. How can I forget him?” Kyoung Mi raised her voice, but her mom just sighed.

“You weren’t in a relationship anyway.” She said matter of factly.

“Ne, omma. But we loved each other. You know that.” Kyoung Mi said glumly.

“I do.” Her mom placed a hand on her shoulder. “But I do know he left you without a word, and I don't know why. Even his parents don’t know where he is.”

Kyoung Mi lowered her head, fighting back the tears threatening to fall from her eyes. “Stop it, omma. Just stop it, please.”

Silence hung over them until they heard a car being parked outside.

“Good evening, Kyoung Mi.” Park Chun Ju, DBSK’s manager (fictional) greeted her niece.

“Good evening ahjussi.” She greeted back. “You need to talk to me?”

“Ah, ne.” He said, arching his back.

“Are you okay?” Kyoung Mi’s mom, his younger sister, asked.

“Ne. I just got from my band’s practice.” He took a deep breath. “I suppose it’s time to eat?”

They sat down and ate in silence. Well, Kyoung Mi wanted to get over what her ahjussi needed to tell her, but he keeps on munching down on food. Kyoung Mi impatiently waited for another 20 minutes before he finished.

“Ok. So, to our business. I need to talk to you, Kyoung Mi. And I need a huge favor.” He said, clapping his hands together.

“What favor?” Kyoung Mi asked, staring at her with suspicious eyes.

“I want you to be my assistant.”

“Mwo? Waeyo? Don’t you have one?” She asked.

“Ani. I had one, but he left for the U.S already.”

“Why me?”

“Because I trust you, Kyoung Mi, And you’re good at managing your schedule and handling people.” Chun Ju smiled at her. “Will you?”

“But…”

“You said you wanted a part-time job anyway.” Her mom interrupted.

“Aren’t your guys too, you know, irritating?” Kyoung Mi asked, not wanting to deal with a childish bunch of boys.

Chun Ju shook his head and laughed. “Of course not. Kyoung Mi, I expected a whole different reaction from you. Other girls would have jumped up and down in joy of being able to meet DBSK and even work with them.”

“Ahjussi, I am not one of those girls, okay?” Kyoung Mi sighed heavily. “How much will the company pay me?”

“1,000,000 won a a week, plus whatever amount we get from the boys' additional activities.” Chun Ju smiled.

“Are you kidding me???!!” Kyoung Mi stood up. “It’s a deal!”


A/N: Hello! I was reading this whole fanfic throughout the day and I realized how much this means to me, so I decided to flourish it and do some editing to improve it. I hope I won't disappoint you with just some minor changes. :)