Dinner Rehearsal

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

"Okay... Everyone should be flying in. We have dinner reservations at seven. I still need to pick up the girls' bracelets. You already have the watches right?" I glanced at TOP as I cleaned up Jae Sun from his lunch.

TOP nodded as he took Mina out of her high chair. "I have them. They're wrapped and ready to go. Is everyone meeting us at the restaraunt?"
 
I nodded and picked up Jae. "It's going to be crazy. Then after that I'm going to my parents and the guys are coming here."
 
"Yep." TOP said, setting down Mina. She grabbed TOP's leg.
 
Yesterday we had the ceremony rehearsal, and the groomsmen and bridesmaids and TOP's family had flown in. Tonight we would have the rehearsal dinner so the whole family could get together. It was going to be packed with Italians and Koreans. I didn't know how we could do it, and we had to get a caterer and rent out a whole ballroom in order to fit everyone.
 
And then tomorrow... Well tomorrow was the big day. W-Day as Vinny and Seungri called it. To name a few guests: All of YG (Big Bang, 2NE1, Seven, Gummy, Psy, JinuSean, Epik High, Lee Hi, Hyun Suk, and a few of the dancers) Super Junior, SHINee, Girl's Genration, BAP, f(x), miss A, Hyuna, B2st, MBLAQ and even Simon and Martina were coming. We invited them because we had stayed in touch, and we gave them permission to tape the reception and do a vlog about it. We just didn't want them to tape the ceremony.
 
My relatives from Italy were coming, and of course my family here. That was just part of it. We still had other friends we invited, such as actor Lee Byun Hun and TOP's friend and Olympic swimmer from Korea, Park Tae Hwan. Not to mention that, but we also let everyone have a plus one invite, just in case they wanted to bring a date. It took a lot of hard work, but we managed to book hotels for everyone.
 
"Okay, well I need to go pick up the bracelets. And get my dress from Lola. Want me to take one of the twins?"
 
"Sure." TOP nodded. "Take Mina. You two can have a little Mommy-Daughter day. Jae and I will chill and do manly things."
 
I laughed as I picked up Mina. Jae waddled over to TOP. "Like what?"
 
"Oh you know, wrestle, watch some football."
 
I slid Mina's Jeremy Scott Adidas Baby Wings onto her feet, then looked at TOP with an eyebrow raised. "Uh, babe? Your son is almost one and a half. He can't wrestle. And it's the end of May. Football isn't on until the fall. You couldn't be a sports fan even if you tried."
 
"Hey, I like baseball. Go Cardinals!" TOP tried.
 
"I got you into baseball." I laughed. I slid on my flip flops. "We'll be back in a couple hours. Say bye to Appa, Mina." I said to my daughter as I opened the door to the garage.
 
"Bye Appa!" Mina smiled, wiggling her fingers into a fist as she waved. I loved hearing her talk. The twins were developing speech skills earlier than other children, and I loved it. They were so smart.
 
"Bye-Bye Mama!" Jae Sun waved to me, standing in the hall. 
 
"Bye Jae-Jae!" I smiled and shut the door. I looked at Mina. "Ready to go shopping, honey?"
 
"Shop!" Mina squealed, clapping her hands.
 
I laughed and opened the SUV door to strap Mina in.
 
----
 
"Nat, are you almost ready? The twins are going to mess up their clothes." TOP sighed as he knocked on the bathroom door. We were getting ready to go, and everyone was downstairs waiting (well, not everyone. Just mainly the Kpop stars).
 
"Where are they?" I asked, applying my mascara. I just needed to finish my makeup.
 
"Last I saw, Mina was with Siwon and Jae Sun was with Himchan. Everyone is ready."
 
I rolled my eyes and finished putting on my plum-red lipstick. I looked in the mirror one last time at my curled up-do with my bangs down, smoothed down my dress, and opened the door. (Nat, Mina, and Jae's Outifts: http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/BigBangGirl1624/RehearsalOutfits_zpsa037d21a.png)
 
TOP was standing at the mirror, fixing his short black hair. He immediately turned around and looked at me. "You... Look... Amazing."
 
I smiled. "Hope you can say that tomorrow."
 
TOP walked over and put his arms around me. "I am so excited and ready for tomorrow." He leaned in to kiss me, but I held up a finger.
 
"Don't mess with the lipstick yet. This took me forever."
 
TOP chuckled and kissed my cheek. "You are just something else, my future bride."
 
"In less than twenty-four hours, I'll be your actual bride." I smiled.
 
"Can't wait." TOP winked, then let to of me. He took my hand, and we walked downstairs.
 
The whole house was noisy with Korean or English. I immediately found Mina being danced around the living room by Taemin, Mina giggling as Taemin spun around. Jae Sun was sittin on the floor, playing with his cars with Bang Yong Guk.
 
I smiled. "Are we all ready?" I asked, living the fact my house was packed wih Korean Pop Stars.
 
I got distracted by Seungri, who was standing on the couch, his phone out in front of him. I rolled my eyes. "Ri, what are you doing?"
 
"There are more KPop stars here than a red carpet music event! I'm taking a picture and putting it on Twiiter." Seungri said.
 
"Well, don't stand on the couch." I sighed. "We need to go, too."
 
----
 
"Madeline, I need you to come out and help me with some bags." I told my cousin on my cell phone as we pulled up to the venue. It was already packed with fans and paparazzi on the outside waiting for us. How did they know?
 
"On my way." Madeline replied, then hung up.
 
I sighed and looked back at the twins since TOP was driving. "Where are their sunglasses?" I asked TOP as he pulled into the parking lot.
 
"Right here." TOP said, opening the overhead compartment and taking out a pair of baby Ray Bans and a pair of baby diva Chanel glasses.
 
I put the Ray Bans on Jae and the Chanel pair on Mina. I didn't want their eyes to get hurt by the paparazzi.
 
I saw Madeline and AJ hurry out of the venue, Madeline dressed in a blue tight strapless dress, AJ dressed in a dark purple Oxford shirt, black tie, and black pants, his contacts in. It still weirded me out whenever I saw him dressed up.
 
They hurried over to the SUV, and when they got here, I opened my door and stepped out. "Madeline, the bags are in the trunk. You and AJ get them all." I said, opening the back to take out Mina.
 
"Ugga Jay!" Mina squealed when she saw AJ, stretching out her hands and kicking her feet excitedly.
 
"Hi, beautiful!" AJ smiled, waving at Mina as I took her out. When I was holding her, he smoothed her hair back and kissed her on her forehead. Mina giggled.
 
"Jay jay jay jay jay jay jay." Jae Sun babbled on the other side, shaking his head from side to side.
 
"Nah nah nah nah nah." TOP imitates his son, smirking.
 
All the Korean idols got out, and we all walked to the entrance, amongst the screaming fans and paparazzi. I kept my head down and covered Mina best I could, TOP doing the same with Jae.
 
We got in, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank god we were all okay and not mauled by fans, but I'm pretty sure Taemin's shirt go grabbed because half of it was untucked.
 
"This way." I directed everyone.
 
----
 
So far the dinner was going well. Everyone was seated and we were all having a good time. TOP and I had our immediate families sit at our table, being TOP's parents, Hyeyoon, my parents, Vinny, Angelina, Kenji, and their kids. It was nice. TOP had Jae Sun in a high chair between him and Mrs Choi, and I had Mina between me and Vinny. 
 
Our bridesmaids and groomsmen were a the table next to us, and Madeline and Joyong stood. I knew they had something prepared, but I didn't know what it was.
 
"Can I get everyone's attention, please?" Madeline tried, but no one quieted down.
 
"Yo, people! Hey!" Jiyong shouted. He was used to getting the attention of crowds.
 
Everyone quieted down and looked over. Madeline smiled. "Thank you. Now, if you all don't mind, we prepared a little slideshow about the lucky couple."
 
AJ and Seungri wheeled a large white screen and a projector in.
 
Madeline bent over and grabbed her laptop from a bag next to her chair. She and Jiyong walked over to AJ and Seungri, and set everything up quickly. During this time, TOP and I had both grabbed our kids and pt them in our laps.
 
"Okay." Madeline started. Jiyong handed her a mic. She turned it on. "So, it's obvious why we are all here today. We're all preparing for the big day tomorrow."
 
"And lets all admit, it's about damn time." Jiyong added.
 
Everyone laughed.
 
"But tonight, instead of looking into the future, we want to take a step back and remember the past and what led up to these two getting together." Madeline finished.
 
Jiyong clicked play on the laptop. Then he spoke. "Everything began to develope on November 4, 1987, aka, Top's birthday."
 
The slideshow switched to a baby picture of TOP with his sister, and everyone awwed. TOP sighed and rubbed his forehead. "I was such a chubby baby..."
 
I smiled and patted his arm. "You were adorable."
 
"And then, on July 2, 1991, five years after TOP, Natalia Nicoletta was born, along with her twin brother Vincent Alexander." Madeline said, switching the picture. It was a baby picture of me and Vinny in matching St. Louis Cardinals onesies.
 
Everyone awwed again, and G-Dregon continued. "Now, I would have never guessed these two would make a good couple, growing up, Natalia stuck around a huge family, while TOP stayed with his parents and sister."
 
Now the pictures were of my huge family opening Christmas presents at my Grandma's when I was about seven, and another one was a family picture of a chubby TOP as a child and his family.
 
"As they both grew up, Natalia became engrossed with sports, while Top loved to rap." Madeline smiled.
 
There was a picture of me and Vinny in our driveway playing basketball when we were in junior high. The was when we were about the same height, before Vinny shot up like a weed. Then another picture was of a young TOP, slightly less chunky, and a your G-Dragon. They were both acting like gangsters.
 
"They were both on separate paths. By the time Natalia entered high school, TOP was already debuting with Big Bang."
 
Now there was a picture of me as a freshmen with all my friends and we were dressed in our volleyball uniforms. The next picture was TOP and Big Bang when they were debuting.
 
"Then, summer of sophomore year, Nat got into a little thing called K-Pop. And let's just say her favorite band was Big Bang."
 
The next picture was of me and my cardboard cutout of TOP, and I was kissing it on the cheek.
 
"Oh my..." I winced.
 
TOP and everyone laughed. "It's so cute!" TOP exclaimed.
 
"Top, on the other hand, was rising to the top with Big Bang." G-Dragon continued. There was another picture of the band, which looked to be during their Beautiful Hangover days.
 
"Now, if you ever would have asked me if I could see Nat marrying Top, I would have laughed and said in her dreams. Little did I know that almost three summers ago the story would begin." Madeline smiled.
 
"May 22, three summers ago is where the story begins. Natalia had just gotten accepted to be the lead dancer in Seungri's music video. Lets take a look back on when they first met, shall we?" Jiyof nodded to Madeline and she pressed play.
 
It was from the second episode of our reality TV show. A younger me was dancing wih Seungri, totally engrossed into the choreography, but clearly nervous. The door to the studio opened, and in walked G-Dragon and TOP. 
 
"Omo, look at our little V.I.! Maknae is looking y!" G-Dragon tapped TOP on the shoulder.
 
TOP chuckled and shook his head. "You are calling Seungri y? Jiyong, look at his dancer. She makes him look like that."
Seungri and I stopped dancing and turned around to see. My eyes widened and I let out a little yelp, then immediately covered my mouth.
 
"Hyungs, why are you here?"
 
"We just wanted to see how our maknae was doing with his dance. And we wanted to see this new mih-in you have been talking about all night!" G-Dragon teased, ruffling the Maknae's hair
 
Seungri's face turned red. "Hyung..."
 
I was still star struck, staring at TOP.
 
TOP's eyes meeting mine. I immediately looked back down. He spoke up. "We can see that you are right about her, Seungri." He smirked at me.
 
I smiled, remembering how nervous I was meeting him for the first time. TOP reached over and grabbed my hand.
 
"For both of them, it was love at first sight." Madeline smiled.
 
"They've been through a lot, these two." G-Dragon sighed. "They even broke up for a few months, but that definitely didn't stay permanent."
 
The slideshow flipped through various pictures of us, either selcas, official YG photos, or pictures from going to red carpet events.
 
"And the following spring, Natalia found out wonderful news. She was pregnant." Madeline smiled.
 
"This only brought the pair closer together." Jiyong smirked.
 
There were other pictures of us when I was pregnant, the most obvious being me and him at my baby shower. My stomach was huge in that sweater dress.
 
"Then, on January 1, the twins were born." Madeline smiled.
 
The picture wAs of me in my hospital bed, TOP next to me, the newborn twins in our arms.
 
I smiled, and felt tears in my eyes. That seemed like so long ago...
 
"The twins are gorgeous, and we're all so thankful for them in our lives." Jiyong smiled.
 
"But not only has Natalia's and TOP's love developed, but they've also helped a few other relationships get started." Madeline smiled.
 
The next two pictures were one of Madeline and Youngbae, and Vinny and Minzy.
 
"And now, tomorrow, two cultures will be officially combining. It's gonna be a crazy day, but none of us can wait."
 
"Nat, Top, we love you guys, and we're so blessed this has all happened to us." Madeline smiled.
 
"In a weird way, we've all become a huge, crazy family. And I love you guys." Jiyong added.
 
"To Natalia and Top." Madeline smiled, lifting her champagne flute. 
 
We all lifted them, and then everyone clapped. TOP and I stood, and I hurried over to our best man and maid of honor. "Thank you two so much." I smiled, hugging them, TOP doing the same.
 
"Speech!" Key shouted from his table with SHINee and f(x).
 
TOP chuckled, and we were handed over the microphones. I looked at TOP, and he started. "Thank you all so much for being here with us, being able to celebrate this major milestone with us. Ever since I spotted Natalia in that dance room, I knew she was the one. With it being pretty obvious in that video, Natalia was pretty sure too."
 
Everyone chuckled, and I lightly pushed his arm. TOP laughed and readjusted Jae Sun on his hip. "Honestly, I would have never imagined getting married at twenty six years old. I would have thought I'd be furthering my acting career and touring with Big Bang. But with all that has happened in the past three years, I wouldn't change any of it. I love Natalia. I love our two beautiful children God has blessed us with, and I love every memory I have with all of you that have entered my life because of Natalia." TOP looked at me. "Natalia, I love you so much, and I cannot wait to meet you at the alter tomorrow. Saranghae."
 
He leaned in and kissed me, and everyone clapped and cheered. When we stopped, I waited for the cheering to die down, and spoke. "Seriously, everyone, we are so happy you all could make it. I've made such good friends with all of you because of TOP, and I would have never imagined it. I would have never imagined any of this. I always told myself I was going to be a pediatrician and then get married and have kids. But clearly, that's changed a little bit. I guess Top pretty much said everything I was thinking, but I just want to add that I can't wait for the future we are all about to have with each other. Not just Seunghyun and i and the kids, but with everyone. We're all a big Italian-Korean-Idol family, and I wouldn't want it any other way."
 
---------------------------
 
"Okay, so the guys are downstairs, Madeline is waiting for me, too, and you sure you're okay with this?" I asked TOP as I finished packing my bag.
 
"Nat, I've dealt with the twins by myself before. And this time i just have Jae. I'm prety sure we'll be fine." TOP chuckled.
 
"I mean with getting everyone ready tomorrow." I sighed, standing straight and pushing back my damp hair. It was after the dinner. The groomsmen and my dad and Mr. Choi were downstairs. The guys would be staying here tonight, and I would be staying at my parents' with the girls. I was taking Mina with me, and TOP was keeping Jae.
 
"We'll be fine. Don't worry." TOP smiled.
 
I nodded and shouldered my bag. "Well, make sure everyone gets plenty of sleep. And no drinking! We had enough champagne at the dinner. No matter what Ji says. I don't care if he's your best man. I don't want to get married to you hungover or wasted."
 
"Don't worry. I don't drink like that anymore, remember?" TOP put his arms around me. "Now, go. get your beauty sleep. I'll see you at the alter tomorrow afternoon."
 
I put my arms around his neck. "I love you,"
 
He leaned down and kissed me. "Lve you too. Now go before Seungri claims Mina for himself. I'm sure he's down there holding onto for dear life getting her to say Oppa Ri Ri over and over again."
 
I sighed and hurried downstairs. Sure enough, Mina was on Seungri's lap.
 
I walked over and picked up my daughter. Say goodbye, Mina. We're going to grandma's."
 
Mina waved goodbye to everyone, and when she saw TOP, said. "Bye-Bye Appa!"
 
TOP smiled and kissed his daughter on the forehead. "Bye, sweetie. Be good for Mommy, okay?"
 
Mina giggled, and I sighed. "I hope that wasn't a maniacal cackle. I'm gonna need to sleep."