I Should Have Known

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

AJ and I met up when TOP had a free day a few days later. He wanted to meet at the coffeeshop, which, coincidentally, was one of the places we went on our very first date.

AJ and I pulled up to the shop at the same time, and we parked next to each other. I was dressed in a simple tank-shorts-wedges combo, because I was going out later with Madeline to buy new outfits for Italy.

"Hey." I smiled as we walked into the shop.

"Hey." AJ says back simply, barely smiling. What was wrong with him? He looked at me as we got in line to order. "Do you want your usual?"

I shook my head. "I'll just have water. Vin and I have yet another video to shoot, so can't afford the extra pounds."

"Oh, I think you could." AJ told me, not even glancing at me.

"Uh... Thanks? I think..." what the hell?

We ordered, got our stuff, and sat down across from eachother. I looked at him. "So what's up? What'd you want to talk about?"

"Don't marry him." AJ said immediately.

This caught me by surprise. "Wh-what?"

"I don't want you to marry Top. He's changed you, Nat."

"He's changed me? AJ, I'm still me. I'm still Natalia."

"No." AJ shook his head. "You really aren't. The Natalia I knew, the one before all this craziness, before we graduated, never would have imagined having kids at your age. She wouldn't be worrying about her weight as much as you do. She wouldn't obsess about her looks like you do. Nat, ever since you met him, things have gotten different. All you care about is making him happy. Making sure he's still in your life. When almost two years ago, you never even imagined he would be in your life."

This was all really sudden. I wasn't expecting it. "AJ.... My whole life changed without me expecting it. I couldn't help it."

"Yes you could have!" AJ sighed. "The dancing audition with Seungri, yeah I was fine with that when you told me about it. But, you didn't have to agree to do that show. You didn't have to agree to be a dancer."

"But I couldn't have passed it up." I pointed out. "AJ, that was my dream-"

AJ shook his head. "It was never your dream to be a dancer, Nat. Or a celebrity."

"I know, but it was my dream to actually be around Big Bang. I idolized them, AJ. What fan wouldn't give up things for that dream? I was lucky."

"But... Taking Top back so many times after he cheated on you? That's too much, Natalia."

"I cheated on him, too."

"Yeah, once. And it wasn't even that serious. He's cheated on you like, four times!"

"Three." I corrected. "And one wasn't even his fault."

"He you, Natalia!" AJ hissed.

"Sshhh!" I immediately said, looking around. No one had heard. "And that was a dark time for both of us, okay? It wasnt all completely his fault."

"He HIT you."

"He was drunk. I slapped him, too."

AJ sighed heavily and leaned back. He shook his head. "When you came back home after your accident, I thought for a second, a SECOND, that things were going to get back to normal. That you were goig to stay home and study to be a pediatrician. That... That...." AJ shook his head.

"That what?" I was kind of pissed off by now.
AJ let out another sigh and looked at me. "That we would get back together."

I froze. Why didnt I see it coming? It was so obvious! Of course he still liked me. I shook my head. "You know that would have never happened."

"Why couldn't it have, Nat?"

"Because of Top and-"

"He's a , Natalia! Before the twins, hell, while you were pregnant, I was there for you. Not him. He didn't treat you right. He was too stuck up on his high horse acting all high and mighty."

I shook my head. "No. He's there for me. And what makes you think we'd get back together anyway? Last time I checked, our relationship wasn't exactly perfect."

AJ snorted. "Yeah, and you broke up with me to get back with Elliot, who, by the way, was a , too."

"You barely acted like a boyfriend!" I exclaimed. "It took you a month to hold my hand, and another month to actually kiss me! Not only that, we only went on a legit date like once or twice! All the other times we were with your friends who, by the way, annoyed the hell out of me but I never told you because I didn't want to upset you."

"How do you think I felt?!" AJ exclaimed. "When I met you and fell for you, you were the old Nat. The Nat who didn't care about her weight, the really nice and cheerful Nat. Then, summer passed, and you were suddenly this stick-thin goddess, and I didn't think I had a chance with you. You suddenly skyrocketed to Queen Bee while I was stuck between jock and car-obsessed. When we dated, I always thought you would break up with me for one of the jocks. one of the popular guys, because I wasn't one of them. I felt awkward around your friends, because they all weren't my type of friends."

I rolled my eyes. "Then why did you date me, huh?"

"Because I thought you were still the same old Nat. And you were. But then, out of high school was when you changed. You started not texting me, you posted pictures on facebook of you with Big Bang, you lost in touch with everyone, you started drinking and ging to clubs, and you were always with TOP."

"I wouldn't change any o  those moments, AJ. And if you can't accept it, then I'm sorry. I'm in love with TOP and nothing is changing that."

"I still think you love him because he IS T.O.P. of Big Bang! Not for any other reason, just that! YOu were obsessed with him, Natalia! You had the posters, the CDs, the DVDs, you were constantly listening to his music, watching videos of him, reading about him, hell, you even decorated you school notebooks and folders with pictures of him! It's hard for an obsession like that to turn into love."

"Well, it did, okay? Because I learned his true side. I learned about Choi Seunghyun." I stood. "I'm sorry, but I can't take this. If you want to still be in my life for me and the twins, fine. If not, I'm sorry, but I'll always choose TOP over any other man."

I left the coffee shop, extremely angry.