Nightmare

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

"I can't believe he's gone." I sighed. I was talking to Madeline in my house.

"He'll be home soon. A few more weeks." she looked at the clock. "Hey, it's also time for your video chat."

I looked at the clock. "Oh my gosh, yeah. I'll go wake up the twins." I hurried upstairs, and made my way to Mina's room first. They were both napping, but I didn't care. They needed to be awake for this.

I opened the door and walked over to Mina's princess bed. I pulled back the mesh curtains. My little princess was asleep peacefully on her back, her Seungri doll tucked in next to her. I lightly sat on the edge of her bed and smoothed her long, curly black hair back. "Mina... Honey.... You need to wake up. It's time."

Mina opened her blue eyes, her long, think eyelashes fluttering. "Mama? It's video time?

I smiled and nodded. "Yes. Now, let's go wake up your brother, huh?"

Mina nodded and threw off her covers. She was wearing a pretty pink plaid dress, and there was a matching headband in her hair.

We walked out of her room and to Jae Sun's. I opened his door, and Mina tip-toed over to her brother's car bed (Seungri's personal choice). I followed her. Jae Sun was asleep the same way as Mina, but with his TOP doll instead. His hair was getting long, covering the tops of his ears, and his bangs hit right below his eyebrows. "Jae Jae. Wake up, brother." Mina whispered loudly to her twin brother.

"Jae-bird. It's time for the video." I said in a sing-songy voice.

Jae Sun woke up, and rubbed his bright blue eyes. "Mommy? The video."

I nodded. "Its time, bubba. Let's go."

Jae Sun got up. He was wearing a pair of cargo shorts and a monkey t-shirt.

"Alright." I smiled, taking both my children's hands. "Let's go say hi to Appa."

"Yay!" Mina squealed, jumping up and down as we walked out of Jae Sun's room.

"Natalia!!" Madeline shouted.

"Coming!" I said back. "Come on!" I raced my kids down the stairs, and we ran into the living room.

Madeline was talking to the TV. "And here they are." she saw us.

"Appa!" Mina and Jae Sun both squealed, running into the living room and sitting on the couch. They waved at the TV. We had a webcam hooked up to it.

"Hey, Mina and Jae Sun! Wow, you guys are getting so big! Where's your mom?"

"Mom's right here." I smiled, walking into view. I sat in between the kids and waved. "Hey, babe." I looked at TOP onscreen. He looked tired, and was wearing his standard-issued Korea military uniform. His hair was still his buzz cut, but it had grown out a little.

"Oh my gosh... I miss you all so much..." TOP sighed, rubbing his face.

"We miss you, too." I nodded. "How's Korea?"

"It's fine. I can't wait to get back there, though."

"Appa Appa! I was listening to your song, and I remembered some! Want to hear?" Jae Sun excitedly bounced up from his seat.

TOP chuckled. "Sure."

"Mina can do the dance, too! Stand up, sissy!" Jae Sun pulled Mina up.

"Boomshakalaka! Boomshakalaka!" Jae Sun and Mina said as they did the dance.

TOP smiled and clapped lightly. "That's great, you two!" he looked down really quickly, then looked back up. "You guys are so adorable."

"They were just napping. I'm surprised they're so awake." I sighed. Mina and Jae Sun sat back down.

Madeline looked at her phone and read a text. "I'll be right back."

"How are you, Nat?" TOP asked.

I shrugged. "I'm living. I make sure the kids are okay. I.. I miss you so much." I felt my eyes begin to tear up. I giggled through my tears. "They love watching our concert DVDs. like watching them, too. You know our YG Family Concert Chicago? That's their favorite, because there's that clip of them when they were babies." I wiped my eyes. "I just want you home. I want you safe."

"Jagi, everything will be okay. Don't cry." TOP said gently, smiling a little.

"She just misses you, Appa." Mina said. She reached up with her little hand and wiped my cheek.

"We miss you, too." Jae Sun said sadly.

"I know." TOP nodded. The screen shook a little, and I thought I heard the click of a door opening.

"Where are you? At base?" I sniffled and wiped my eyes. 

"Something like that." TOP nodded. He was walking while holding his laptop.

"Shouldn't it be night in Korea? It's bright there." I noted, looking at the background. I heard the door open and shut, and Madeline walked back  in. "

Had to get something from the car." Madeline shrugged.

"No, it's bright where I'm at." TOP smirked.

"How is that possible?" I looked at him, confused. I checked my world clock. "It's ten o clock at night in Korea."

"I never said I was in Korea." TOP said. It was like his voice was amplified.

I heard footsteps, and I looked at the hallway. I let out a shriek and covered my mouth.

Standing a the beginning of the living room, holding his lap top and wearing his military uniform, was TOP. TOP set down his lap top, and smiled. Tears were In his eyes. 

I immediately stood and ran to TOP. I jumped into his arms, and he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed him intensely, then multiple pecks on his lips. Tears were running down my face. "Oh my God. Oh My God." I started rambling in Italian.

TOP gently set me down; and kissed me softly. "I'm home. I'm home."

I let him go and stepped aside.

"Appa?" Jae Sun asked slowly, cocking his head to the side.

TOP squatted down and smiled. He nodded. "Yes, Jae Sun."

"Appa!!" Mina shrieked. She jumped off the couch, Jae Sun following, and they both ran into TOP's open arms.

TOP put his arms around them and hugged the twins close to him. "I missed you both so much. You both have gotten so big." He said, his voice cracking. Tears were running down his cheeks.

"We were little when we last saw you, Appa. Now we're big!" Jae Sun exclaimed.

"You two were just one year old." TOP nodded. He let to of them enough to look at them. "You are both so beautiful."

"I'm not beautiful, Appa! I'm a boy!" Jae Sun laughed.

TOP laughed through his tears. "You're right. Mianhe."

"That means sorry!" Mina pointed out. "Uncle Ri Ri and Aunt Minzy and Aunt Bommie have been teaching us Korean, Appa!"

"And Mama and Uncle Vinny and Aunt Madeline and Uncle Brett have been teaching us Italian!" Jae Sun said proudly.

"Wow!" TOP smiled. "I can't wait to hear you speak those."

"You're home now Appa, so we can talk all the time." Mina smiled.

------

"Natalia, Natalia, wake up. Honey, wake up." I heard my mom say.

I jerked awake, and frantically looked around. No. It had to be a dream.

No.

I was in a hotel room. Mina and Jae Sun were sleeping in their swing basonets. My dad and TOP were looking at me, worried. Relief immediately washed through me. He was here. He didn't have a uniform on.

"Natalia, calm down. You're in the hotel. You're safe." Mom said calmly.

I finally realized I had tears pouring out of my eyes. I sat up and shook my head. "No... No..." That dream. It can't come true. It can't."

"Natalia, what was it?" TOP asked, coming to sit next to me. He wiped my cheeks with his hoodie sleeve.

"You... You were in the army. The kids... They were like three years old... I-I.... I couldn't see you in person. Until..." I sobbed.

TOP put his arms around me and I cried against his chest. "Sshh jagi. It was just a dream. Calm down."

I shook my head. "it was so real. I felt the heart ache. I felt the sadness of not seeing you. I felt my heart jump into my throat when you came home. It was so real. I don't want it to happen." my body shook.

TOP put his hands on my shoulders. "Look at me, okay? That can't happen. I'm not going to be drafted. I am a dual citizen now of Korea and the United States. I'm safe from that. I'm going to be with you and the twins forever. Nothing will tear us apart." he kissed me, and chuckled. "It was just a dream, okay? A silly dream."

"It was so real..." I sniffled and wiped my eyes.

"It cant happen, Natalia." TOP told me again.

I nodded. It can't happen.

It can't happen.