Nightmare Part Two: The Prequal

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

"No." I said, shaking my head as I looked a TOP holding the letter. "No. You can't. We're going back home in a week. You haven't been here long enough."

 
TOP looked at the letter in his trembling hands. "I... I have to. The rules were, if I was in Korea for a month at least, there was that chance I could get enlisted. And I can't back out of it."
 
I looked over to the hallway, in the direction where the twins were asleep in their room. My arms were tightly crossed over my chest, and I could feel myself shaking. "They can't make you go. They can't. You have a family."
 
"That doesn't matter. I have no choice, Natalia."
 
"You're a US citizen, Seunghyun. They can't make you do this!" I exclaimed, tears clouding my eyes as I stomped my foot childishly.
 
TOP walked over to me. "But I was born here. I lived here for twenty-five years of my life." silently, a tear fell from his eyes and hit that dreaded letter. "Natalia, I don't want to go."
 
I looked at him. His face was miserable, his eyebrows were slightly furrowed, his eyes were dark, and his lips were turned into a frown, his bottom lip trembling slightly.
 
"Maybe... Maybe you can get out of it." I tried, wiping my eyes. "Since you have two one-year olds."
 
TOP shook his head. "That won't work... The guys need to get out of Korea right away. If I'm gone, I don't want them to be away from you, too.
 
---
 
"I love you. I love you. Be safe, okay? I'll call whenever I can." TOP said, hugging me tightly.
 
"Me be safe? You be safe." I said quietly, crying silently.
 
We were at the military base, TOP's enlisting day. I hadn't felt any emotion on the way here, but now it was all swarming to me. The anger, the sadness, the worry, anxiety, depression... My heart just hurt. Seeing TOP in complete misery... That hurt me even more.
 
I let go of TOP so he could hold our children one last time. 
 
Daesung stepped forward and gave Mina to TOP. He held her close, savoring every moment with his daughter.
 
A sob escaped my throat and I covered my mouth as I helplessly watched tears streak down TOP's cheeks.
"Saranghae, Mina Mariella. Don't forget Appa, arasso? I love you. Be good to Umma."
 
"Appa-pa." Mina babbled, grabbing TOP's jacket lapel.
 
TOP kissed Mina's head, and Daesung took her from him.
 
Taeyang handed Jae Sun to TOP next. TOP did the same thing to Jae he had done with Mina, and tears felt down his face more. "Saranghae. You are the man of the house now, arasso? You keep Umma in check. Make sure she doesnt cry. I love you." the words were meaningless since Jae Sun couldn't understand, but it was heart shattering.
 
Taeyang took Jae Sun back, and I ran to TOP and hugged him tightly again, letting my tears soak his jacket. "I can't let you go. Please don't. I need you. The kids need you." I sobbed.
 
TOP rubbed my back softly, and kissed the top of my head. "I'll be back, jagi. You need to be strong for the twins and me." I moved back enough to look at him, but my arms were still around his neck. TOP wiped my cheeks with his thumb. "I love you. Please be strong." he kissed me.
 
"Natalia, come on." Seungri said behind me softly. "He has to go."
 
I slowly let go of him, grabbing his hand one last time softly. "No." I shook my head, speaking in barely a whisper. "I can't."
 
"Seungri." TOP said, his voice cracking as he nodded to maknae.
 
I let go of TOP's hand. "I can't let you go." I shook my head.
 
"Natalia, come on." Seungri said softly, now next to me, his arm around my shoulders.
 
TOP took one step back. 
 
I shook my head. "No! Please!" I tried to step forward.
Seungri put me in a light hold.
 
"I'm so sorry." TOP said quietly. He turned and walked away.
 
"NO!!" I sobbed, letting my knees go out from under me. I would have collapsed to the hard asphalt if Seungri wasn't holding me.
 
----------------
 
I jerked awake. We were still in the car, and TOP was on his phone. He immediately noticed me. "I'll call you back. Yeah, you know what to do." he said quickly, and hung up. He looked at me. "Jagi, what's wrong?"
 
I wiped my soaking cheeks. "Just another nightmare. I'm f-fine." I stuttered, trying to stop the tears.
 
"An army dream?" TOP asked quietly, putting his hand on my jean-clad knee.
 
I nodded and put my head back against the rest. "This time we had been in Korea for a while, and you got your enlisting letter. Then, we were dropping you off at base. The twins were like, a year old. Seungri had to keep me from collapsing. Everyone was crying..."
 
TOP sighed and rubbed my knee. "It's okay. That's not going to happen. I don't even stay in Korea that long."
 
"But, if you did stay in Korea for more than a month, it still couldn't happen, right?" I looked at TOP.
 
I couldn't see his expression from his eyes because of his sunglasses, but I did see his jaw clench: a sure sign he was hiding something from me.
 
I faced him as much as I could and completely wiped my eyes. "Seunghyun."
 
"Like I said, I'll never be in Korea for a month." TOP shrugged.
 
"But... If you happened to... You could get a letter?" I asked slowly.
 
TOP sighed and put both hands on the wheel. "If I stayed for more than a month... Yes. Being a dual citizen just means I can't get a letter here saying I have to go back to Korea to be in the military."
 
I looked at him, kind of irritated. And scared. "You didn't mention this to me WHY?"
 
"Because." TOP sighed. "You've been through so much stress, and ever since that other dream you had, I didn't want you to worry. But, Nat, I'll never be in Korea that long. If I have to be there for promotions, I'm flying back and forth to see you and the twins. I thought it was unnecessary to tell you."
 
"Unnecessary to tell me that you could be enlisted? Top, that's pretty necessary!"
 
TOP sighed heavily. "Can we just... Not discuss this right now? This day isn't supposed to be stressful."
 
I sighed and nodded. "Okay. You're right. I've been way too uptight and stressed lately."
 
"You could say that again." TOP snorted.
 
"Hey! Idiota." I playfully hit TOP on the back of his head.
 
TOP laughed. "And there's the Nat I fell in love with."
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hey, guys! So I kinda... Lied >.<
 
This chapter obvious isn't the water park chapter, because I got this chapter done with BEFORE the water park chapter, and I like this chapter so I thought I'd publish it. I'll add the water park one in some random time though! ^^'
 
So, are you guys all excited for the BIG question? How do you think it'll be done? What will Natalia's reaction be?
 
Also, the next chapter was going to involve A LOT of , but here's the thing: I almost had the chapter done like three weeks ago, and then my mom decides to confiscate my iPod, where the chapter was written. Of course I didn't want her to read about the little screwed up mind (>:D) I possess, so I deleted the chapter before she could see it.
 
So now, I'm not sure what to do. There hasn't been any in this story yet, so do you guys want some NatTop ty goodness? XD Tell me what you think!