Burnt Out

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

After we dropped off the twins at six a.m., we trudged back to the hotel room, exhausted. We had to be back at the venue by three today, so all we really had time for was sleep.

As I was putting the key in the slot, TOP put his arms around me from behind and kissed me on the cheek. "You know... We don't have to sleep." He muttered into my ear.

I opened the door and sighed. It had been a while. Eleven months, maybe? Maybe I should let him get what he wants. He's been a great dad. 

"Can I shower first?" I asked, turning in his arms to face him after I shut the door.

TOP looked at me, but I couldn't tell his expression because he was wearing sunglasses. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Just let me go shower really quickly, okay?" I kissed him quickly and wiggled out of his arms.

I quickly grabbed a tank top and a pair of fleece shorts, and went into the bathroom. I was half-asleep as I showered, but I knew I would wake up soon enough. I finished, got dressed, brushed my hair, and brushed my teeth. I was actually kind of excited. It had been a while since we even tried to do anything (many times when I was pregnant TOP would try to initiate something, but I was always never ).

I checked myself in the mirror one last time, and walked out.

I turned to the bedroom.... And saw TOP on the bed.

Fast asleep.

He hadn't even bother to take off his sunglasses and changed, or get under a blanket. There he was, still dressed in his letterman jacket and jeans, sprawled out on his back, snoring softly.

"You know your burnt out parents when your boyfriend falls asleep while waiting to have with you." I sighed. I walked over to TOP, slowly removed his sunglasses, and set them on the table. I walked over to the other side of the bed and laid down on my side not facing TOP.

I was out instantly... For about ten minutes.

My phone rang, and I forgot I had put it on high volume. So it was blaring SHINee's Sherlock. It startled both of us awake. It startled TOP so much that he fell off the bed. I rolled my eyes at his freak out and answered my phone. "Yes, mom?" I croaked.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Did I wake you?" mom asked.

"It's fine." I yawned. "What's up?"

"Well, we can't seem to get Mina to stop crying. We don't know why she is. She's not hungry, she doesn't have a dirty diaper. We just don't know."

"Did you give her her Seungri doll?" I yawned. I glanced at TOP, who had put his hands on the bed to get back up.

"Yes, we tried that. I'm sorry sorry we woke you up."

I stood. "No. It's fine. I'm coming." I hung up my phone and ran my hands through my damp hair, pushing my bangs back. "Mina won't stop crying. I'm going down there."

"Did they try giving her her Seungri doll?" TOP asked, rubbing his eyes.

I nodded and grabbed a hoodie. I slid it on and TOP stood. I waved him away. "Stay here. Get some sleep. I'll be back in a while."

"Are you sure?" TOP asked.

I nodded. "Moms can go days without sleep. I'll drink an energy drink before the concert to pump me up." I left the room and went to my parents room.

My dad immediately let me in. "I think she just wants her mom." Dad confessed.

I saw my mom sitting down with Mina, rocking her as Mina wailed. "Natalia, you look exhausted." Mom said when she saw me.

I shrugged. "I don't have an makeup on to cover the dark circles under my eyes." I took Mina from my mom. "Sshhh Sshhh Mina... Mom's here. You're okay." I bounced lightly up and down.

"So what time did you all get done with the rehearsal?" Dad asked as I rubbed Mina's back softly.

"Um... 5:30 this morning?" I yawned. "I let Top just stay back and sleep. He needs it. He's in the concert more than I am. He was gonna come with, but Jae Sun is clearly doing fine." I nodded to my son sleeping in his basonet swing.

"He is really well behaved." My dad told me. "It's so surprising."

Mina quieted down, and my mom stood. "Go get some sleep, Natalia. Thank you for quieting her."

I nodded, and my mom tried taking Mina from me. But Mina was gripping my sweatshirt tightly, and she whined when my mom almost had her. I winced. "Okay, never mind. I think she's attached right now." I kept holding Mina.

"Well, at least lay down on one of the beds. Maybe she'll sleep, and so you can, too." Dad suggested.

I sat down on one of the beds, and leaned against the headboard. "I did tell you we were up all night with the twins the night before, right? It was Jae's turn to keep crying. I've gone over twenty four hours without sleeping." I sighed. I kept rubbing Mina's back in soft, slow circles as she laid on my chest. I knew this was the way to get her to sleep.

"Natalia, you have a lot on your plate right now. Not only do you have the babies, but you'll have to deal with TOP going back to California to finishing making that movie, and then he'll probably go back to Korea for a bit. Not to mention you have to record a new album with Vincent. You'll be alone soon." Mom let me know.

I nodded. "I know, okay? I'll have help. And Top is gonna be home for a few more weeks. I'll have help for when he's gone. Vinny or Brett or even AJ will be there if they need a father figure. I have Madeline to rely on, too. And you guys."

"We know." Dad nodded. I saw Mina's eyelids grow heavy, but she tried to fight it

. I groaned softly. "Have you ever been so tired that you wanted to cry? Like, honestly, that's what I feel like doing right now."

"Just keeping looking towards the future." Dad encouraged. "Along the lines they'll be teenagers and sleep more than you do."

I laughed softly. "That's a little too far away. I can just settle for them sleeping through the night. They haven't done that yet, and they're almost three months old."

"They will soon enough, Natalia." My mom said softly.