Uh-Oh

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

 It was New Years Eve. Vinny had gone out to some New Years Eve party, so AJ had come over since he had nothing else to do anyways. It was eleven thirty at night, and AJ was chilling with me in my room while we watched the Clark New Years Eve Party on TV. Big Bang was supposed to perform soon in California.

We were both sitting on my bed, munching on he only snack food I could eat: organic no salt or butter added popcorn. I would seriously kill for some kind of fatty food.

"Are you and Top okay?" AJ asked as he reached into the bowl and took out a handful. 

I shrugged. "We're okay I guess. He apologized, but I am still pissed off. I mean, how can-" a bad cramp hit my lower abdomen and I stopped and bent over. I squinted my eyes shut. It subsided, and I sat back up.

AJ looked at me, deeply concerned. "Nat.... What just happened?"

"Stomach cramp, that's all." I waved it off. "I'm fine."

I took another handful of popcorn. AJ looked at me wearily.

About fifteen minutes later, one of the babies kicked really hard. I groaned.

"Whoah." AJ said. "I could see that from here."

"And now I have to pee." I sighed. I looked down at my stomach and patted it. "Thanks, guys." I slowly got up and walked -which Vinny describes as a waddle- to the bathroom. I closed the door.

After I went, I could have sworn I heard a pop. Then something had gushed out. I stood and gasped. My water just broke.  I quickly pulled up my pants, flushed the toilet, washed my hands, and opened the door. I gulped and looked at AJ.  "Uh.... We have a problem." I said shakily.

"What? What's wrong?" AJ asked immediately.

"My water? Yeah it just broke. And that pain I had fifteen minutes ago? That was a contraction." I bit my lip. "I think I'm going into labor."

AJ stood and looked at me, wide-eyed. "No."

I nodded slowly. "Yes." I walked over to the bed and sat down. I grabbed my phone and looked at the TV screen. Big Bang was being interviewed. "Great. He won't answer." I sighed. I looked at AJ. "Grab me a pair of ankle Ugg boots. I'll call TOP and we'll go."

"How are you not freaking out?" AJ exclaimed, hurrying into the walk-in closet.

"I really don't know." I admitted. Why wasn't I panicking?

I called TOP, and watched him onscreen. I saw him reach at his pants pocket. He managed to sneak a look at his phone. He tapped Jiyong on the shoulder, whispered something, and left off-camera.

"Natalia? I'm getting interviewed. What is it?" Top asked. AJ handed me my shoes, so I put the phone in between my ear and shoulder as I struggled to put them on.

"I know. I saw you. Don't be mad, okay?"

"I won't be. What is it?" 

I finally shrugged my shoes on. "Uh... It's time."

"For what?"

"My water broke."

"I'm sorry, what? It's loud here." TOP said.

"TOP! I'm going into labor!" I spoke louder.

"You're what?"

"The babies are coming!!"

"I know! In two weeks. I'll be there."

"No! Not in two weeks! I'm going into labor now!" I yelled.

"WHAT?!?!?" TOP screamed. You could hear it on the Tv, too. Ryan Secrest (who was interviewing Big Bang) and Big Bang all looked off camera.

"Yes. I'm going into labor. AJ's with me. Hes taking me." I said.

"Oh no! Oh no! It's not time! It's not time! Okay! I'm coming! I'm coming, Natalia! I'll get a flight and I'll be there! Just hang in there!"

I nodded. "Hurry, okay? Please." I watched the TV. TOP came back into screen view. He was ghost-white pale, and his eyes were huge.

He said something to Jiyong, and Jiyong's eyes widened.

"TOP, what's going on?" Ryan Secrest asked.

"I'm about to become a dad!" TOP said as he (literally) ran offscreen again.

"And that's sure to get millions of views on YouTube." I sighed after I watched that scene.

"Call me when you're at the hospital, okay? Manager is getting a flight for me now." TOP said quickly.

"Okay. I'll call you soon. Love you."

"I love you, too Natalia. Just hang in there!"

We hung up, and I turned off the TV and held out my arms so AJ could help me up. "Here we go."

He helped me up and into my peacoat. We made it downstairs, and another contraction hit. I doubled over in pain, and AJ held on to me as I clutched his arm tightly. That one ended, and I gulped. "That really hurt."

"I could tell." AJ nodded. He helped me into the garage, and I tossed him the keys to my new SUV TOP had bought me. He unlocked it and helped me into the passenger side. Then he ran around and got into the drivers side.

"I can't call my parents. They're on a flight back from Italy." I sighed, looking through the contacts on my phone.

AJ clicked the garage door opener and backed out of the garage. "Call Vinny."

I did. He answered. "What's up, Nat? Is it true?" Vinny asked suddenly.

"Is what true?"

"Drew, Mark, Ethan, Jared, Carly, Julie, Kelsey, Alyssa, Macy, and I were watching the New Years Eve countdown and TOP ran off camera saying he was about to become a dad. Are you in labor?"

"Yes." I said. "That's why I called. AJ's taking me as we speak."

"Okay! We're gonna meet you there, okay? I'll leave a message for mom and dad. Did Top say when he'd be there?" 

"He was getting a flight. I don't know." I shrugged.

"Why are you so calm?! Nat, I'm freaking out more than you! Do you hear Carly? She's screaming!"

I shrugged. "I'm just not, okay? I know everything will be okay. I'll see you at the hospital, alright?"

"Okay. See you soon!" I hung up, and AJ pulled onto the main road to get to St. John Hospital. "I don't know who else to call, Age! I just feel like I need someone here who knows what to do." I whined.

"It'll be okay, Nat. I'm here. I may not know what to do, but I'll try my best." We pulled into the emergency room parking lot, and I insisted to AJ that he could park and we could walk to the ER entrance. AJ parked, turned off the car, got out, ran around, and helped me out.

We walked into the emergency room and I laughed when I saw the nurse at the counter: my cousin Joseph. "You have got to be kidding me."

"Nat!" Joseph exclaimed, standing. "Are you okay?"

"She's in labor." AJ explained.

"But I'm actually pretty okay." I admitted.

"Alright. Let's get you into a chair and we have a room reserved for you." Joseph said. "We'll worry about paper work when Aunt Julie and Uncle Roberto come."

Joseph got me a wheelchair, and I sat down. AJ walked beside Joseph as the wheeled me into the Prenatal wing. Luckily, I had my own private room, and it was a pretty big room, too. It even had a couch and a chair. Joseph helped me up and handed me a hospital gown. "Go change into that. I'll hook you up to your IV and let Dr. Summer know you're here."

"Can I call someone on your phone? I think they may know what to do a little better than I will." AJ asked.

I nodded and made my way to the bathroom. "Go ahead." I shut the bathroom door, changed, and walked back out. AJ handed me my phone. "It's Top."

I sat on the bed. "Hey." I sighed.

"So you're in your room in the hospital right?" TOP asked.

"Yep. And guess what? My cousin Joseph is my nurse."

  "That's better than a stranger." TOP said. "I'm getting on a private flight. I'll be in Chicago in two hours. So I'll be at the hospital in two and a half hours, okay? Try to wait for me."

"I'll try." I sighed. "Hurry."

"I will." We hung up again, and there was a knock on the door.

Dr. Summer walked in. "Hello, Natalia. I guess the twins want to be New Years Twins, huh?" She smiled.

I put my feet up on the bed and leaned back. "I guess so."

I nodded to AJ. "This is my friend AJ. He was with me when I went into labor."

"Nice to meet you." She smiled at AJ. She looked back at me. "Well, we're gonna hook you up to a few things, okay? A heart monitor for you and the babies, as well as an IV. And we need to give you your bracelet." They did all that, and AJ got a text from Vinny saying they were at the hospital. So he left the room to go find them while the doctor checked to see how dilated I was.

"Well, it seems you are about three centimeters already, Natalia. You could very likely have these children in a couple of hours." Dr. Summer said after she checked.

"What? No!" I panicked, shaking my head. "Top is on a flight! He has to be here for it!"

"I'm sorry, Natalia, but it's the babies' decisions now. I'll come back to check on you in about thirty minutes, okay?" She left, and I groaned and looked up at the ceiling. They can't come. Not yet.

There was another knock on the door. "Hello?" Kenji and Angelina walked in, still dressed in their pajamas, Kenji in black plaid pants and a v-neck shirt, Angelina in red plaid pants and a grey shirt. She had slimmed down since she had Yuki.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, sitting up.

"AJ called us." Angelina yawned. She sat on the couch. 

"He thought we would know what to do best." Kenji added.

"Where are--" another contraction came. I winced and held my stomach.

Kenji walked over and rubbed my back. "Just breathe. Deep breaths now, Natalia."

It stopped, and I sighed and leaned back. "Where are the kids?"

"With Aunt Lucille and Uncle Steve. They'll be here soon. Everyone will." Angelina said.

"Top's on a flight. He'll be here in two hours." I sighed. "AJ brought me. Vinny and a whole bunch of friends are in the waiting room."

"Do you need anything, Natalia? Ice Chips, water, something like that?" Kenji asked.

"She will." Angelina nodded. "Go get her some."

Kenji left, and I sighed. "Why am I not freaking out? Shouldn't I be panicking?"

Angelina shrugged. "I don't know. I think you'll be fine, though."

There was another knock on the door. Vinny, Kelsey, Carly, and Julie poked their heads in. "Nat!" Carly exclaimed. She ran over and hugged me. "Oh my gosh! You're about to have the twins!"

"Don't say that! Top has to be here first!" I said back.

Kelsey and Julie hugged me. Vinny was last. "Out of all days I decide to go out, huh?" Vinny chuckled.

I shrugged. "AJ was there, though."

"How did it happen?" Julie asked me.

"One of the twins kicked really hard, so I had to pee. I went, then I seriously heard a pop and something gush out. My water broke. I had a contraction before that too, but I just thought it was a stomach cramp."

"How far apart are the contractions?" Vinny asked.

"About ten or fifteen minutes." I admitted. "The doctor said I could have them really soon, but I'm not ready. Top needs to be here."

"Well, I bet they'll wait for their dad." Kelsey nodded.

"I just can't wait to have them. Then I'm going into beast mode and getting back down to my size five self." I sighed.

"I don't think you'll be saying that after you have them." Angelina told me.

"Yes I will." I insisted. I looked at Carly. "Where's AJ?"

"With the guys. He called his mom and then his dad. They're coming and waiting in the room for the twins, too. Well, at least his mom is. I don't know about his dad and step mom."

I nodded. "Can you go get him? I want him in here with me."

Carly, Julie, Kelsey, and Vinny all turned to go, but I grabbed Vinny's arm. "You're staying in here, too."

Vinny nodded and walked over to the couch. He sat next to Angelina.

AJ and Kenji soon came back. Kenji gestured to the seat next to my bed after he handed me some ice. "AJ, I'm guessing that's your seat until Top comes."

AJ chuckled and nodded. "Probably."

"Ang, How long has it been?" I sighed.

"Thirteen minutes." Angelina told me, looking at the clock.

"Oh no." I winced. I grabbed AJ's hand. "I don't want another. They hurt too much."

"Just breathe, Nat. They don't last that long." AJ said.

Like clockwork, it came. This was the worst one yet. It hurt everywhere, from my stomach, my lower abdomen, to my back. I cried out and put my head on AJ's arm as I squeezed my eyes shut.

AJ rubbed my shoulders, and it took thirty seconds before the contraction stopped. I had tears in my eyes and I laid back. "Make it stop." I exclaimed.

"It's not time for the epidural." Angelina told me. "If you're only three centimeters. You need to be at least six. That's what I was."

"Let's watch some TV to get your mind off of it." Kenji suggested. He the TV, and it was the New Years Eve Party. Big Bang was performing Fantastic Baby without TOP. Seungri actually rapped his first part, and Taeyang rapped his second part. The guys took turns in saying "Boomshakalaka".

Hurry, Top. I thought. They aren't waiting for anyone.