The Moment of Truth

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

"Just relax, Natalia. I'm sure they'll be able to fix it." Mrs. Choi told me as we walked into Kleinfelds. It was the day of my final fitting for my gowns, and I was visibly shaking. What if they didn't fit?!?

I made TOP not come to this. I didn't want him to see the dresses. So TOP kept the twins, too. Right now, in New York, I had Mrs. Choi, Hyeyoon, Madeline, my aunt Daniella, and AJ. Vinny couldn't come last minute; he had to fly out to do a special performance with Minzy. Vinny was actually the one who told AJ to come with.
 
"This is kind of weird...." AJ muttered as we walked up to the receptionist.
 
"Oh, chill." I sighed. "You should be honored."
 
"Natalia, Marcs. Right on time. I'll take you down to fitting." The receptionist smiled.
We walked down, and I took a shaky breath. Here we go...
 
----
 
"Okay, Natalia. Here are your dresses." The seamstress smiled as she walked in with my dresses. "Let's try them on."
 
She helped me into my wedding ceremony one, and I immediately noticed it was big. "Oh no." I winced. "No no no."
 
"We aren't done. Lets just tie it up." The seamstress went to the back and tightened it as much as she could, but it was still too loose.
 
"Natalia? How does it look?",Aunt Daniella asked on the other side of the curtain.
 
"No!" I gasped, looking in the mirror. It was so too big. The top kept sliding down. I had lost too much weight. My worst fear was a reality.
 
"Did you lose a lot of weight?" My seamstress asked me.
 
I nodded, gulping. "I uh... I've had medical problems..."
 
"Well, lets let your family see it. Then we'll figure out what to do."
 
She opened the curtain, and they all immediately looked at me.
 
"Oh, Nat..." Hyeyoon said quietly, noticing my distress.
 
"It is too big." Madeline nodded.
 
"I know!" I finally exclaimed, letting my tears flow. "This is terrible! It won't even stay up!"
 
"It's a size too big." The seamstress explained. "It's a five. She seems to be between a three and one right now. We can't just let it in. That's too much fabric."
 
"The same with the reception dress?" Mrs. Choi asked.
 
The seamstress nodded. She handed me a tissue and put her arm around my shoulders. "Stay here, I'm goig to go find Randy and see what he can do."
 
I nodded and dabbed my eyes, and she left.
 
I didn't even want to look in the mirror. It was terrible. Why did this happen? What was I going to do now?
 
"Natalia...." AJ sighed. He got up, walked over, and hugged me. I returned his hug, and cried on his shoulder. 
 
"This is terrible! It's not my fault I lost this weight! My wedding is in six months! That's barely any time! It's a disaster!" I cried.
 
"No it's not. You're Natalia Marcs. First of all, you look beautiful in anything. Second of all, you're a celebrity. They'll fix this." AJ said, rubbing my back.
 
I stood up straight and let go of AJ. I sniffled. "I hope so."
 
AJ took a step back, and I plopped down onto the ground in my too-big wedding dress. It was all poofed around me so you couldn't see my lower half. I wiped my eyes again.
 
"I hear we have a little problem?" I heard Randy's voice. He walked in, and I felt a little better. He could fix this.
 
I nodded.
 
Randy frowned. "Oh, dear! You aren't supposed to cry in your dress. Let me see."
 
I stood and held up the front of my dress. Randy inspected me and nodded. "Yep... It's too big to take in...honey, what happened?"
 
I sniffled and wiped my eyes. "A... A month ago I was um... Diagnosed with Ovarian cancer. They got rid of the tumor, but the chemo has made me really sick. That's how the weight was lost. And I can't gain it back because eating still makes me sick..."
 
"Oh, dear, I am so sorry." Randy said, pulling me in for a hug.
 
"The cancer's gone. It's just... Now I can't fit into my dress!"
 
"Well, don't worry, okay? Luckily, we have available right now. Let's go ahead and go up to the display room and do a last minute appointment. Go ahead and change and well go up."
 
He shut the curtain, and I quickly changed. I walked out and Vera grabbed my now-useless dresses. My phone rang, and I groaned and looked at the caller ID. It was TOP.
 
I winced and tossed my phone to my group. "I don't want to talk... Someone do it."
 
AJ caught it with one hand and stood. "I'll be back." He sighed, answering.
 
AJ's POV
 
Is it bad I feel completely awkward right now? I mean, I should be honored Natalia wants me to do this with her, but I feel like its wrong. Like... I shouldn't be seeing her in her dress.
 
But I'm not the one marrying her.
 
Sometimes, I felt like the Jacob in some screwed up Twilight love triangle (Natalia made me go to the last movie when we were dating... Yeah that was a waste of $15). It's just... Yeah I was the one that broke up with her, but I really didn't want to. The reason why I did was because I felt like I was holding her back, and there was that Elliot guy that seemed.. Better than me. He was a jock, she was a cheerleader (not really but she could have been). I was the tall skinny track runner mechanic. I just never imagined TOP would swoop in and take her... But she is happy, and now I have a little "niece" and "nephew" I somehow became connected to.
 
So when Natalia tossed her phone in my direction when TOP called her, I wasn't exactly happy. I didn't argue though, since she already seemed to be distressed enough.
 
"I got it." I sighed, standing. I walked up to the lobby and answered Natalia's phone. "Hey, it's AJ."
 
"How's Natalia and the dresses?" TOP asked on the other end. I heard one of the twins squeal in the background. "Mina says hi." TOP chuckled.
 
I smirked, then sighed. "The uh... The dresses are too big. We're about to have an emergency appointment to look for two new ones. Nat is, well, she's freaking out."
 
"Has she cried?"
 
"Yep."
 
"She didn't have a panic attack, did she?"
 
"I think she was beginning to, but she has her hairtie on her wrist that she can snap." For as long as I've known Natalia, I know she gets panic attacks. She wears a hair tie on her wrist, and she snaps it against her wrist to calm herself down. When we dated and she ever had one and I was around, I would wrap my arms around her so she knew she was safe. Of course, I can't do that anymore.
 
"Okay, well, she'll find something, I know it. I'm actually glad you answered, AJ. I wanted to ask you something."
 
This kind of surprised me. "Okay, what?"
 
"You are probably Natalia's closest friend. You have been there when I haven't, you know things no one else knows. You know things about her I probably don't know. You were there when she went into labor, and you're there for the twins. I'm stupid for not thinking of it before. I asked Sean, and he said it was okay so he could help his wife with his kids. But, AJ, would you like to be one of the groomsmen? I know it would mean a lot to Natalia, and I know I don't show it, but I do appreciate you and it would mean a lot to me as well."
 
I couldn't believe he was asking me this. Didn't be hate me? "I, uh, I don't have a tux and-"
 
"We're getting fitted in a few days. You aren't missing anything. Please, AJ."
 
I cleared my throat. "Uh, yeah. Of course. For you and Nat." Last time I was in a wedding was for my Dad's marriage to Jamie, and I felt uncomfortable standing up there with everyone staring at me. But, this was for Natalia, so is do it.
 
"Thank you so much, AJ. I know Natalia will appreciate it. Now, go help her pick out her dress. I trust that you all will help her in any way possible."
 
"Will do. Tell the twins I say hi." I said. I hung up, and was just in time to see Rnady leading Natalia and everyone to the rooms with dresses.
 
Natalia saw me and I walked over and gave her the phone.
 
"So?" Natalia asked.
 
I shrugged. "Just wondering how things went. And I somehow became a groomsmen."
 
Natalia's ready eyes brightened and she smiled at me. "Really?!" She squealed.
 
I nodded. "Really."
 
Natalia smiled. "That really is awesome. I'm so happy!"
 
If she's happy, I'm happy.
 
------
 
"Okay, here we go! Dress number one for wedding ceremony." Keisha announced as she helped me into my first dress. "It's a ballgown with a lace tie back."
 
I sighed as I held the front to my chest. "Do you know how much I didn't want to to through this a second time?"
 
Keisha smiled sympathetically. "I know, honey. But we'll find something as breathtaking as the first."
 
The dress was poofy, and the top was pretty. I liked it. http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/BigBangGirl1624/image-4.jpg
 
"I like the lace on top." I nodded.
 
"Let's go show it to your party." Keisha nodded.
 
We walked out to the ballroom, and everyone looked at me when I stepped up on the display area. "So?"
 
"It's nice." Hyeyoon nodded.
 
"Just nice?" I frowned immediately.
 
Everyone froze, not knowing what to say. "I think what they mean is there isn't a wow factor, Nat." AJ tried.
 
I bit my lip. "Well that was fast. Okay, we're done with this one."
 
I felt my eyes clouding up, and Keisha hurried me back to my dressing room. Keisha helped me out of the dress, and I cried as soon as I put my robe on.
 
"Okay, let's sit down, okay?" Keisha said, sitting next to me on the chairs. "What's wrong, honey?"
 
I shook my head. "I'm so stupid, crying over this... I should be happy about other things. It's just... My dress is changing and I have pretty much no one here. I don't even have my brother or my mom. And I want to look perfect on my wedding day. I don't know if I'll find a dress as good as my original ones."
 
"That's why we're here. We'll find you something great. Your favorite designer was Maggie Soterro, right?"
 
I nodded. That was the designer of my past dresses.
 
Keisha stood. "While I I'll just-"
 
There was a knock at the door, and Randy pokes his head in. "Hey, how's it going?"
 
"Just getting over some fears, but we're okay." Keisha said, patting my knee.
 
I nodded.
 
Randy smiled at Keisha. "Well, I actually think there's something here that's perfect for you, and I have a couple others helping me, so would you come with me, Keisha?"
 
Keisha and Randy left, and I sighed and wiped my eyes. I had to find my dress.
 
--
 
"Okay, close your eyes, Natalia. I think we got the dress." I heard Randy say.
 
I closed my eyes, and I heard a dress being brought in. 
 
"Okay, this is a Maggie Soterro ball gown with a tulle bottom. The top is adorned with swarvaski crystals and has a sweetheart neckline with a corset back, which you want, and the bottom has pickups with crystal embellishment."
 
I opened my eyes and turned around to look at the dress, and I screamed and covered my mouth. Not because of the dress, but
because who was holding it.
 
"Jiyong! Oh my god!" I exclaimed, fanning my face. 
 
Jiyong smiled, handed the dress to Keisha, and hugged me. "You really think I would miss this, baby? Come on now, you can count on me." He let go of me and pointed to the dress. "This is the one. It is better than your old one. Now try it on!"
 
He and Randy left, and Keisha helped me into the dress. And Oh. My. God.
 
"This is the dress. This is THE dress." I said, looking at myself in the mirror. I couldn't believe it looked better than my original. http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/BigBangGirl1624/image-5.jpg
 
"Let's show your group, then." Keisha smiled. 
 
We walked out, and when we got into view, I heard a gasp from Mrs. Choi.
 
"So?" I asked excitedly, standing on the display.
 
"Yes! Yes yes yes!" Madeline exclaimed.
 
"It's gorgeous. Why didn't we find this one at the past appointment?" Hyeyoon asked.
 
"It just came in." Keisha explained.
 
"It's beautiful." Mrs. Choi smiled, her eyes glistening. "I'm sure your parents would love it."
 
I smiled, and turned around to face them. The only person I hadn't heard from was AJ. "So, Age?"
 
He was speechless, and his mouth was actually hanging open. "I-uh.... Yeah. Yeah that's- wow."
 
"Is this the dress, Natalia?" Keisha asked.
 
I nodded. "This is definitely the dress."
 
Keisha smiled. "Great. Now, for the reception, we don't have the original dress in stock, but Jiyong helped us pick out one similar to it. It's still made be Maggie Soterro, and it's a formfitting lace dress with a sweetheart neckline. The train is shorter, so it's easier to dance in."
 
"Let's go try it on." I nodded.
 
We walked back to the dressing room, and tried on the new dress. It was a lot like the past one, just not as sparkly. It was gorgeous, though. http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/BigBangGirl1624/image-6.jpg
 
"Yeah, I love this one." I nodded.
 
We walked out, and to the group.
 
"Heyyyyy y ladayy!" Jiyong joked as he saw me. 
 
I laughed. "I could probably do Gangnam Style better in this dress."
 
"It's really y, though. I like how it shows your curves." Madeline said to me.
 
"I know. I think Top will love it." I smiled. I looked at Keisha. "Yes to this one."
 
Keisha smiled. "Well that was easier than I thought!"