Big Bang Babysitters

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

 

 

"Okay, the feeding schedule is on the counter, diapers are upstairs," I started as I led the four members of Big Bang and Madeline around the house, Mina on my hip as she on her pacifier. "The formula is measured out, so all you need to do is add eight ounces of water and shake it up. Make sure you burp them after they eat, because last time Top forgot to burp Jae Sun, Jae woke from his nap and puked all over himself. If they cry, just give them any of their Big Bang, 2NE1, or Super Junior dolls. Mina prefers Seungri, CL, or Siwon while Jae likes Daesung,  Bom, or Shindong." I turned to face them and pointed to Madeline. "She is in charge. Do whatever she says. Call me if you have any questions."
 
"Don't call her. She won't answer." TOP sighed, looking at me as he readjusted Jae Sun on his hip.
 
I looked at him, confused. "What? Yes I will."
 
"No, you won't." TOP smirked and held up something with his other hand and wiggled it in the air. My iPhone.
 
"Give it back!" I demanded, holding out my hand.
 
TOP shook his head and put it in his back pocket. "You need to get away from it for once. I'll have mine so they can call me, but they won't need to. They'll have it all covered."
 
I sighed. "Fine... Whatever." I handed Mina over to Madeline. TOP handed Jae Sun to Daesung. "Well... I guess it's time to go." I leaned over and kissed both Mina and Jae Sun on their foreheads "Be good for your uncles and aunt, okay? Mom and Appa will be back tomorrow."
 
TOP grabbed our bags. They followed us to the garage door.
 
I looked back at the twins again. Mina looked at Madeline, then at me. She made a sound and reached for me.
 
My heart ached. I looked at TOP helplessly. TOP sighed. "Oh no you don't. Come on. They'll be fine." he put his arm around me and directed me towards the door.
 
Mina whimpered, and then started crying. Madeline tried to comfort her.
 
I sighed. "Top, just let me--"
 
"'Kay, bye!" TOP waved at everyone, then pulled me out of the house and into the garage. He put the bags in the trunk of our sports car, then opened the door for me.
 
 I got in. "You could have at least let me calm her down." I grumbled.
 
"No, because that'll cause greater separation anxiety when she's older. If she learns to accept us leaving this early, she'll be fine later. It's like when they cry in the middle of the night and we don't get up for thirty seconds, because they need to learn to soothe themselves."
 
"But... They're so young! They don't understand all that."
 
"They're learning." TOP sighed. He the car and pressed the garage door opener. We pulled out.
 
I sighed and leaned back. "Where are we going, anyway?"
 
"You already know. Chicago." TOP nodded.
 
"So we're just going to a hotel? That's it?"
 
"I have a few other things in mind, don't worry." TOP smirked.
 
"Why are we doing this?"
 
"Because we're never alone. This is our first date in over a year, jagi. Stop asking questions." TOP chuckled. He drummed his fingers on the steering wheel.
 
All of the sudden, his phone rang. It was charging, so I reached to grab it when I noticed it was Daesung's number. TOP shook his head, lightly pushed my hand away, and grabbed his phone. He answered it. "What, Daesung?"
 
He listened for a minute. Then, TOP spoke. "Give her to Seungri and have him bounce lightly up and down while patting her on her back. That should calm her down. If that doesn't work, put on our song Blue and lay her down on her back." he listened to what Daesung said in reply. "Well if maknae thinks he should sing Blue while rocking her, let him. Just give her to him. Okay? Okay, bye."
 
"What's wrong? Do we need to go back?" I asked right away.
 
TOP sighed and shook his head. "Mina's just fussy. So I said to give her to Seungri."
 
"Who was holding her?"
 
"She was in her swing. Everything's fine. There are five people watching them."
 
"I feel like we're about to answer a bad joke: How many K-Pop idols does it take to watch two babies?" I sighed and shook my head. "Maybe we should have just waited until my parents were available."
 
TOP shook his head. "No, Nat. The twins will be fine."
 
"But we've never left them for a whole night. Let alone a whole night with Big Bang. Hell, we never left Big Bang with them for more than an hour."
 
"I trust them. Believe me, I would never leave them if I didn't feel okay about it. But I do. You should too. Just try to relax. It's gonna take a couple hours to get to our hotel."
 
"So are you telling me to fall asleep?"
 
TOP shrugged innocently. "Well, if that means you'll be calm, then yes."
 
"That can be arranged." I shrugged, leaning against the door. "You know, you've been acting really weird lately."
 
TOP laughed. "Me? Weird? I wasn't the one that accused myself of cheating!"
 
"Okay, so we both have been weird. At least I'm not jittery. Lay off the coffee." I nodded to his hand drumming on the console between us.
 
"I will be fine.... Soon." TOP told me.
 
Soon?
 
"Whatever." I shrugged, closing my eyes.