First Night

Oppa... You're Going To Be an Appa!

 I walked into the bedroom after setting the twins down in the it cribs. TOP was getting ready for bed, dressed in a snug black tank and black plaid pajama bottoms. He had his glasses on, too, and was taking off his watch.

"They're asleep." I sighed. "For a couple of hours."

TOP nodded and the baby monitor. "I'll get up first, I promise. Formula is ready downstairs, right?"

I nodded and grabbed my pajamas: baggy long sleeved SHINee shirt and zebra print leggings. "I'm gonna get ready for bed." I walked into the bathroom, changed, but the stretch mark cream lotion Lola gave me on my stomach, took out my contacts, and brushed my teeth. I walked back out, and TOP was in bed, flipping through channels on the TV.

"I'm so tired." I groaned. I got under the covers and flopped onto my stomach. "Night." I muttered after closing my eyes.

I heard TOP chuckle. The TV shut off, as did the table lamp light. I felt TOP put his arms around me and pull me closer to him. He kissed the back of my neck, since my hair was up in a high bun. "I love you, Natalia." He murmured into my skin.

"Love you, too." I muttered.

"It's been so long since we slept in the same bed. I think it was... The night the twins were conceived, huh?" TOP chuckled softly.

"Probably." I muttered.

"And now here we are, in our own house. With our children sleeping peacefully. It's so-"

"Babe?" I interrupted.

"What?"

"You aren't tired, are you?"

"I'll be honest, not really."

"Thought so." I sighed.

It was quiet for about a minute, then TOP spoke again. "I can't believe it's so quiet. It's nice, don't you think?" TOP nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck.

I groaned and flopped on to my back. I looked at him. "Really? If you can't sleep, I can't either?"

TOP shook his head. "I never said that. I just think... I don't really know. I just can't sleep. I'm nervous. And... It's different being in here with you. Because the last time were like this it was after-"

I sighed. "After we had ? I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly in the mood right now. Wait at least until I heal, okay?"

"It's been over nine months, you know." TOP winced. "I'm not saying we have to go the whole way, but maybe..."

I sighed. "I love you, okay? But I'm way too tired. Too tired to fool around. Just wait another month, okay?" I kissed him quickly on the lips and to my side.

"Most women are extremely when they're pregnant." TOP muttered, pouting.

"Yeah, and I just wasn't one of those women, okay? I'm still not even after I had the twins. I never really have been."

"I have." TOP grumbled.

"And you've done well holding back, babe. Just wait a little longer." I patted him on the shoulder. "Now, goodnight." I laid down on my side and shut my eyes.

TOP grumbled something in Korean, and he flopped down on his back. Well, at lest he was quiet now.

Midnight.

There was a cry from the baby monitor that woke me up. I sat up and shook TOP's shoulder. "Top.... Top go. One of the twins are awake."

TOP groaned and turned over. He the light and grabbed his glasses. "Arasso... okay..." He mumbled as he stumbled out of bed. He walked out of the bedroom.

I laid back down and fell asleep. I guess Hyeyoon was lying. TOP does get up.

Two A.M.

Another cry woke me up. I my light and grabbed my glasses. I was so tired. I looked to my left. TOP was snoring on his stomach. 

I got up and walked into the nursery. Both twins were crying. I sighed and grabbed Jae Sun first. I changed his diaper, then put him back in his crib. I grabbed Mina, and walked down to the kitchen since Jae Sun wasn't crying anymore.

I quickly made a bottle, and fed her. I was so tired...

I finished feeding her and walked back upstairs. I put her to bed and walked into my room.

Three thirty a.m.

Another cry. I groaned and shook TOP lightly. "Top... Your turn... Top..."

TOP made some whining sound but didn't budge.

I groaned. "Are you gonna get up?

" "Next time..." TOP mumbled sleepily.

I rolled my eyes and pushed his shoulder. Then I got out of bed. "I'm not even going to argue because our kids need one of us, and they're more important to me than sleeping is." I sneered as I walked out of the room. I ran downstairs, grabbed two bottles of formula, and hurried up to the nursery.

Jae Sun seemed to be screaming pretty much, so I picked him up. I lightly bounced up and down quickly, trying to comfort him. "Sshh sshh shhh.... It's gonna be okay, Jae. Mommy's here. She's got you. You're just hungry, huh?" I grabbed his bottle and fed him. Sure enough, the crying stopped.

Mina's had subsided, too, but she was still awake.

I finished feeding Jae Sun, rocked him a little more, and set him down in his crib. I watched him drift back to sleep.

I grabbed Mina next before she could cry again. By the sound of it, she just needed a diaper change. So I changed her, rocked her to sleep, and set her back in her crib.

I finally walked back into my room and collapsed onto the bed.

Five a.m.

Cries again. I groaned and looked at TOP, who was still asleep. "Get up." I said once, pissed off he wouldn't earlier.

"Next time." TOP groaned.

I let out a frustrated sound. Then I got up, and hit TOP on the back of the head before I walked out, saying. "Idiota."

Both the twins were up, and the crying was soft. I knew Mina needed to be fed, and Jae Sun needed a diaper change.

I picked them both up (which I had gotten really good at), and took them downstairs. Might as well start the day.

I set Mina in her swing and changed Jae Sun's diaper. I set him in the other swing and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of formula and looked around. I would kill for a cup of coffee. And I hated coffee. But, my diet would start today, so I grabbed a slice of watermelon instead.

Back in the living room, Jae Sun was awake and looking around, and Mina was crying softly. I picked her up and gave her her bottle. She drank it immediately. "See? All better now." I mumbled as she looked up at me while she ate. "Mom's here. Appa's asleep, like usual. He's never had to deal with this before, so I can't be too mad, huh?"

I've never had to deal with it, either.