Chapter 9

The Will That Changed Their Lives

Yunho’s POV

 

“Hyoran, about the news~”

“Yunho, whats happening? Is it true?”

I sighed; we were both on our way to the restaurant. She was sitting down while fumbling with the seat belt.

“I know your parents don’t like me, but do they really have to go this extent?”

“I’m sorry, Hyo, but….it’s true.”

She looked at me.

“We’re meeting her right now. She wants to see you.”

“Stop the car.”

“Hyo, just do this for me. We agreed on this marriage~”

“What? You’re……marrying her?”

“We talked about the issue. That’s why she wanted to speak to you.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Soomin arrived ten minutes after Yunho and Hyoran had settled down. As soon as she entered, Hyoran recognized her.

“Oh! You’re the lady from the restaurant.” Hyoran forgot her troubles for a moment. Soomin smiled and nodded.

“You’re his girlfriend? Fate must be really playing with us.” She sat in front of the couple. Yunho’s brows furrowed.

“I have some things to say, Miss--”

“Lee Hyoran.” Hyoran said while frowning. She didn’t like the fact that Yunho’s parents approved this young lady and she was too pretty.

“I’m Shim Soomin.” Soomin introduced herself.

“She’s Changmin’s cousin.” Yunho explained tensely.

“Are you really going to marry Yunho?”

“That’s why I wanted to meet you today.”

Soomin looked at Yunho for a while.

“I’m sure he explained to you about what our parents left us?”

She nodded.

“I don’t want the things that my father worked so hard for, to be just gone or frozen….Originally I planned to hand over my shares in the company to my cousin, but….the will stopped me from that. That’s why I’m agreeing on marrying him, in order to get hold of my stocks and after that I’d be going back to the US.”

“You’re handing your shares?”

“I can’t stay here for long.” Soomin replied, she noticed that Yunho was holding to Hyoran’s hand all the while.

“It takes a year for the will to be processed Hyo, after the shares are transferred to our name, Soomin and I will be filing a divorce.”

Hyoran looked confused.

“Don’t worry, the two of us talked about this already. Nothing will change between you and Yunho. Besides, I can be busy at times. I wont be able to take care of him.” Soomin added lightly to brighten the mood up.

“Shim Soomin, right?”

Soomin nodded.

“If you don’t mind my asking do you work for your company too? It’s just that……Changmin never mentioned you.”

Soomin smiled.

“Changmin’s a bit protective.” Yunho said.

“I’ve been living in California ever since I graduated from high school.”

Hyoran nodded.

“How about you Hyoran-ssi? Where do you work?”

Yunho was surprised. Why is it that these two females were so calm?

“I work for Mondo Group as an accountant. What do you do in California?”

It sounded more like a competition. Hyoran was trying to size up Soomin. She knew Yunho’s opinion of chaebol daughters. He never had a good opinion of ladies born with a silver spoon.

“I’m a resident doctor at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.”

Hyoran’s eyes widened. To her, Soomin was a rival, a definitely hard to beat rival. That’s why his parents approved of her.

“Oh, you look to young to be a doctor.”

Soomin just smiled good-naturedly.

“I’m really sorry for all of this, this bothers me a lot too. I hope your relationship wont be destroyed. Then, I’ll be going now.” Soomin stood up. Yunho did the same.

“Oh, no it’s okay, just have lunch together.” Soomin waved her hand at him.

“I hope we can be good friends, Hyoran-ssi.” She shook Hyoran’s hand and left.

 

Your POV

 

I walked out of the restaurant and sighed. That was just so awkward for me. Yunho’s really lucky to have someone like her, really. She’s kind and understanding. I heard my phone ring.

“What?!”

“It’s me.”

“Lee? Is something wrong?”

“N-nothing, how’s the wedding?”

“Do you want me to kill you?”

“Don’t I get to be the bridesmaid?”

“YA!”

I heard her laugh.

“I’m going there in a week.”

“REALLY?!”

“My father said that it was about time I visit my roots. Which is fine because you’re there.”

“That’s good!”

“Please don’t praise me yet, I did something wrong.”

“What?”

“I’ll----tell you later. See you soon!”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Soomin arrived in their house. She was welcome by a big blue box in her room. She opened it and she screamed.

“It’s just a wedding gown.” Changmin muttered, he was standing by the doorframe, arms crossed.

“Glad you finally decided.” He grinned.

“This is too fast, how did they get my measurements?”

“Haraboji.” Changmin replied.

“You do know about Hyoran, right?”

“Yeah, hyung’s parents don’t like her, but since you two have a plan I’m cool with it.”

Soomin sighed.

“As long as you don’t fall in love with him.”

Three days passed. Soomin and Yunho never had any form of communication, and yet their wedding was due in two weeks. Way to go for best couple of the month, eh?

Soomin went down from her clad in an orange bikini. She missed the beach, yes. And she was thankful it hadn’t rain in Seoul, yet.

She went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water and headed out. As soon as she stepped out of the glass doors she found her cousin, Yunho and Jaejoong making their way to her.

“Oh, You guys are here.” She said as she set her things down. Changmin sighed.

Yunho and Jaejoong politely looked away.

“Why are you wearing that?” Changmin asked.

“I’m…going to swim…?”

“Yunho hyung’s here to pick you up.”

“Huh? Why?” She looked at Yunho then back to her brother.

“Haraboji and his parents wanted you to come with him to pick out the wedding suit.” Changmin pointed out.

“Oh, then, I’ll just change for a while.”

 

Yunho’s POV

 

“Does she walk in the house like that always?” Jaejoong asked.

Good question, Jae. I was shocked when I saw her pop out in a bikini.

“Yeah.” Changmin nodded, he glared at Jaejoong and looked away.

I wonder why Changmin approved of us marrying; he didn’t even flinch when it was announced. He amazes me, really.

“I’m done.” Soomin entered the room. She was wearing a pair of jeans and a leather jacket.

“Run along, now.”

 

We made our to my car. I was about to open the door for her, when she stopped me.

“I’ll do it, just start the car.” She smiled. I nodded and went to my seat. This girl is unique. Mostly, girls like it when you open doors for them.

“So, where to?” She asked as she buckled her seat belt.

“Gangnam. We’ll be choosing the rings today too.”

I saw her scrunch up her nose. I chuckled.

“Do you want me to do it alone?” I asked.

“Aniya, people are watching us. I’ll come with you.”

 I started the car.

“Do you think the media will follow us? I mean…they followed you.” She asked. It was true; past few days some reporters follow me at work and block the entrance to the company.

“I hope not.” I replied.

“They shouldn’t really.” She grinned.

“Well we can just pretend, right?” I said. She nodded and took out her earphones.

 

Narrator’s POV

The couple arrived at an Armani boutique. Yunho entered with Soomin only a few steps behind him. The people inside recognized them immediately. He turned to Soomin and held her hand.

“Yunho~”

Yunho just nodded at her and continued to pull her in the shop. Soomin sighed as she looked at their hands. Her fingers were lost under his grasp.

“You have pretty fingers.” She muttered. She saw Yunho’s back rise and fall, he was laughing.

 

“Oh, it’s the Mr. and Mrs. Jung, welcome!” The manager of the shop said.

“Not yet.” Soomin muttered. Yunho shook his head and made her sit down.

“We’re here for the suit. Do you have it ready?” Yunho asked.

“Yes, we have it all hung right here.” She pointed towards a display of different suits.

“Your mother wanted miss Shim to choose for you.”

Soomin looked at Yunho.

She stood up and went to the display.

“We have a wide array of designs, we have the traditional black suit, the whit tuxedo, you can also have a mixed pattern~”

“I think Yunho would look great in a black tuxedo.” She pulled the tuxedo out.

“Good choice, young miss.”

She threw Yunho a look, he just grinned back. They made their way to the dressing room.

“She talks too much.” She whispered.

“It’s part of the business, doc.” Yunho grinned and patted her hand.

People observed them as they passed. They were spazzing, obviously, the two had great chemistry together. Soomin, surprisingly, got along with Yunho well. Yunho too, he finds Soomin easy to talk to.

 

Yunho put the suit on and went out of the room.

“How is it?”

Soomin looked up. For a moment, she got scared. He was too good-looking in the suit. She blinked once.

tumblr_ljfxni80B51qic866o1_500.gif

“You….look great. Do you like it?” She swallowed.

“Yes, I do.”

It suddenly became quiet.

“I wonder what Hyoran will think.”

“I’m sure she’ll like it. No matter how twisted the situation is.” She smiled and looked down again. As soon as Yunho was out of sight, she fanned herself.

“Get a hold of yourself, Soomin. He’s just good-looking, that’s final.”

 

They stepped out of the shop with Soomin’s arm wrapped around Yunho’s, a part of their act. They both knew that a few papparazi and reporter were waiting for them outside.

“This is the life.” She said wanly as they went down the steps.

“It will only last for a few weeks.” Yunho said. They both laughed. Soon, the cameras crowded them. Yunho had to put Soomin behind him as they walked.

Soomin took a deep breath as they left them alone. She smiled as she saw Yunho’s car in sight.

“We’re not even married yet and theyre bombarding us.” Yunho said. They were both walking together; Soomin still had her arm around his.

Then she stopped walking.

“Oppa.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

lengthy chap, sorry about that :3

well, reason for updaitng this fast is because i want to get on with it kkkkk.

and, SIT(Special Investigation Team) , my other fic is on cliffhanger mode. ahhahaah, if u know what i mean.

and i wanted to post the song i usually listen to when i write for this fic, you could say it's the OST(?) hahahaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSUCxetMBZQ