Chapter 29

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

Your POV

 

I was still at home, Yunho already left for work. My shift starts later at 2. I was trying to arrange some of my shoes when my cell phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Is this Jung Soomin, former Miss Shim?”

“Yes, I am Shim Soomin, who are you?”

“I’m Kim Jongil from Seoul Prosecutor’s office.”

 

I sighed as I trudged in the Jung Automobile Corporation building. I cant go alone. Changmin oppa’s in a meeting so I went here and ask Yunho. I hopped in the elevator. A lot of people recognized me and they bowed. I feel awkward.

His secretary told me to just go in. I knocked twice and I heard Yunho’s voice.

“Are you busy?” I asked as I stepped in. He looked up and smiled.

“No, not at all. What brings you here? You’re applying?” He grinned. I made my way to his office desk.

“Can I apply for CEO?” I stuck out my tongue. He just chuckled.

“This is a surprise, I thought your shift is early today.”

“Ani, after lunch. I came here because…..I need a favor.”

“What is it?”

“Yunho, can you accompany to the police department?”

He looked at me.

“You committed a crime?”

“Funny. No, I got a call from the prosecutor’s office and they asked me to go to the police department.”

He nodded.

“Is it about your parents’ case?”

I nodded. Yunho stood up and got his coat.

“Arasso, I’ll come, let’s go.” I felt his hand on mine and we left the office.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The couple was inside the Chief of Police’s office. Soomin and the man were talking. While Yunho was sitting beside her, his hand was on the small of her back.

“I know this might be….uncomfortable to reopen but….a witness appeared.”

Soomin nodded.

“We talked to him and thi is the statement. Would you like to read it.”

“Yes.” Soomin replied as she took the sheet of paper from the man.

“On that day, I saw the black Mercedes car fell on the cliff. I was walking back to our farm. It was no accident, another car rammed on the black car. The other car did it on purpose. The car pushed the Mercedes relentlessly until it fell on a cliff. Then the other car left.”

Soomin’s eyes widened as she finished reading. Somehow a lot of things were true here. They were riding a Mercedes, it was her mom’s favorite car. Then a sudden memory hit her, the feeling of being pushed and pushed. Beads of sweat started to form on her forehead. Yunho felt her tense. He gently got the paper from her and placed it on the table.

“Agasshi, are you okay?”

Her eyes were closed.

“Uhm, can we step out for a while? She needs some air.” Yunho said meaningfully. The chief of Police nodded, understanding the situation.

Yunho helped her stand up, he placed one arm securely around her and they went out.

There was a small garden located at the top floor. Soomin sat down.

“Are you okay?” Yunho asked as he handed her a bottle of water.

“It went back to me, everything.”

Yunho sat beside her.

“The statement….it was true, we were riding that car….then….while we were inside, it felt like someone was pushing us..to that…cliff.”

Yunho looked confused.

“It cant be……someone wanted to kill us?” Soomin voiced.

“Ya, don’t say that.” Yunho gripped her hand.

“I’m scared…..I’m scared finding out what really happened.”

Yunho just hugged her.

 

Your POV

 

We went back to the office and found the chief of Police smiling at us.

“Are you feeling better, young miss?”

I nodded as I sat down beside Yunho. He gripped my hand reassuringly. I’m glad he’s here, I would have…..had a breakdown earlier.

I looked at the table, there were a lot of papers piled.

“We’ve found some articles about the accident, maybe we can find something.”

 

Narrator’s POV

Soomin nodded as she looked at the old newspaper clipping on the table. Everything was black and white. Her parents’ names were on front page. There was a picture of their car that became a total wreck. She saw her haraboji, years younger in a press conference, sadness was written all over his face. Soomin placed it down.

“This article……the company’s name….” Yunho muttered. Soomin looked at the paper he was holding.

“LeeSan Corporation?” Soomin asked.

“It sounds so familiar, its like…..I’ve heard about it before.”

Soomin nodded.

“Busines world.” She said. Yunho looked at her worriedly. The name LeeSan, he felt like he has heard about it before….maybe in his childhood. But he was sure, he knew about the company.

“This is all we have as of now, we will just call you if we find anything.” The man said. Soomin nodded and thanked him. The couple went out.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

LeeSan? Where have I heard that before? Work? I shook my head as we made our way to the car. Soomin was being quiet.

“Don’t go to work today.” I told her. She looked at me.

“I’m fine~”

“You’re not.”

“How about you? You still have~”

“It’s okay, let’s just eat out.” I replied as I opened the door for her.

“Arasso.” She nodded and got in.

 

“Yunho, this is a kiddie pastry shop.” She said as we got off the car.

“You need sweets if you’re feeling down.” I replied as I pulled her by the waist and guided her in.

Soomin smiled softly. I felt my heart flutter.

“What do you want to eat?” I asked. She leaned over the glass display.

“Whats your favorite?” She asked.

“Triple chocolate cheesecake.” I replied. She grinned.

“We’ll have the whole one.” She said to the saleslady who just nodded.

I looked at her.

“You helped me earlier, so you get to choose, let’s sit down.” She grinned as she pulled me to a table.

The waitress came with our cake. I took the knife but Soomin stopped me.

“Leave it be, here.” She handed me a fork.

“We’re eating it…here?”

“You’re my husband, I’m pretty much sure you don’t have germs.” She grinned as she dug in. I smiled. It was the first time she called me that.

“Oh, right, on Thursday, I need to leave for Thailand.”

“Really? Business?”

I nodded.

“You’re not going to ask me when I’ll be back?”

“You’re going to tell me anyway.” She grinned as she pointed her fork at me; there was a chunk of cake on it.

“It’s good. Eat.” She grinned. I took the cake and smiled. She fed me, and I feel happy. Jung Yunho, stop.

“I’ll be out for two weeks.”

She looked at me.

“Well, that’s….a long business trip.” She grinned.

“You want to come?”

“Aniya, I have duties, besides, you’ll be busy anyway. Eat now!” She ushered. I nodded and picked up my fork.

“Good, I don’t want to have a starved husband.” She grinned.

I smiled. Shim Soomin stop it. Stop being so beautiful, stop being so caring, stop me from falling for you.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

leaving you guys with a long chappie :3

yunho......wae so cute? hahahahaa you cant stop feelings dear. XDD

"waddup krease?" kkkkk should i make an exo cameo?

just kidding!

off to vacation!!


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};