Chapter 20

The Will That Changed Their Lives

Narrator’s POV

 

Soomin went back to their house after having her usual morning jog. She slept late last night because of Ailee, she called just to check on her and Soomin told her everything. She was shocked that Nichkhun and her could still be good friends. They had a friendly competition over the Wii last night. But she didn’t know that Yunho didn’t like it, he was annoyed and he waited for Ho Nichkhun to leave the house before he slept.

 

She got inside the dining room and found Yunho drinking coffee already. She gave him a nod as she sat down.

“So, did Nichkhun go home already?” He asked with a little sarcasm in his tone.

“Yeah, he did.” Soomin nodded, clearly not hearing the edge in his voice.

“I thought you didn’t like talking to him at first.” Yunho prodded.

Soomin smiled.

“Well, I realized that I need my friends.” She grinned, much to Yunho’s annoyance.

“We were good friends before we dated.” She explained.

“Oh, so did you have a good time last night at the party?” Yunho asked. Soomin chuckled.

“Is your coffee spiked with liquor or something? You’re being odd.”

“I….was just curious.” Yunho mumbled.

“Well, it was fun. Good thing you already patched things up with Hyoran.” She nodded.

“Yeah, we did.”

Soomin bit her bread. Yunho watched her with interest.

“I’ll be bringing you to the company with me tomorrow.”

“Wae?”

“Eomma and Appa wanted me to introduce you.”

“Oh.” She frowned.

“Don’t worry, they wont make a fuss, I promise.”

Soomin just grinned and ate. Yunho observed at her. From all the ladies he met who has the same status as him, she was different, they were all formal and breezy but Soomin, and she was another story. She was laid back, usually straight forward but at the same time she still carried that air of elegance. And somehow, he likes it.

 

Your POV

 

Around 2 PM I went out of the house to get some things. Yunho was at home the whole day, watching tv in his room. I guess not all CEOs are boring.

I made my way to the mart as I clutched my coat around me. It has been getting chilly.

“Soomin?”

I turned.

“Oh, Jaejoong oppa, annyeong.” I waved.

“What brings you here?” He asked as we pushed our carts together.

“I needed some things and…food.” I grinned.

“Why are you alone? Yunho, this guy~”

“I didn’t tell him I was going out, he didn’t know. Besides he should be resting during weekends.” I replied.

“Still, he should come with you.” He replied.

“But, oppa, how come you’re doing your groceries alone? Not a CEO thing to do.” I asked playfully.

“I like doing things myself. Besides it’s a Sunday, I’m not busy.”

I noticed that a lot of girls were looking at him. I grinned.

 

“Ask Yunho to come with you next time, its not safe being alone.” He reminded as we walked back to my car.

“Arasso, oppa take care. Bye!” I said as I got in. He just waved.

Then I remembered Lee. I grabbed my phone.

“Shim Soomin, it’s still 3 AM here, what do you want?” She answered.

“I just did grocery shopping with the guy you like.”

“Seven?”

“NO! My oppa’s friend, Kim Jaejoong.”

“Oh my gosh, you…..adulterer!”

“What? No, we just saw each other. Anyway, just wanted to tell you what you were missing, Lee.”

“Show off.” She muttered.

I laughed.

“Somehow, what you told me last night~”

“What?” I asked.

“Yunho left his girl at the mall for you.”

“Don’t remind~”

“He’s falling for you.”

“No, he was just worried. You know, husband obligations.” I said. Really, Ailee blurts out the most ridiculous things.

“Suit yourself, Soo. But that’s how I see it.”

 

Yunho’s POV

 

It was already 5:40 PM and it was so dark outside. I had to turn on the lights to watch the television show I was watching. I think I heard Soomin get out, is she home already? It’s already dark outside. I was about to pick up my phone when I heard the thunder outside. Then my door opened slightly.

“Yunho, it’s raining.” Soomin said with uncertainty in her eyes. I remembered what the doctor told me, she shouldn’t be alone when it’s pouring.

“Come here.” I opened my arms for her. She nodded and walked in.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Yunho opened up his arms with a smile. Soomin sat beside him and Yunho placed one arm around her securely.

“Relax, we’re inside.” He said gently. Soomin just shook her head and buried her head on the crook of his neck. Yunho stiffened for a moment.

“When I was young….Changmin oppa used to this for me too, is it okay?”

Yunho nodded and smiled. It was his first time to see her soft side. His arm just tightened around her. Soomin just smiled to herself as she felt his calming presence.

They stayed like that for hours, until the rain stopped. Soomin had already fallen asleep in her husband’s arms. Yunho was mindlessly running his fingers through her hair as he watched the show. For the first time in their married life, they actually looked like a married couple.

 

Soomin woke up, she blinked her eyes a few times before slowly remembering where she was. Yunho was still holding her with his arm while watching the television. She felt his muscles tense when he chuckled at what he was watching. Soomin smiled, it’s been a while since she was this close to another man other than her cousin. She slowly sat up.

“You’re up?” Yunho said. She nodded as she leaned on the couch.

“How long was I out?” She asked.

“Two hours, I think. Are you feeling better now?”

“Yeah, I am. Thanks.” She grinned.

“Wait, we should be eating dinner right now.” She said. Yunho nodded.

 

Your POV

 

The maids and butler weren’t around since it was a Sunday.

“Should I call some takeout~”

“No, it’s okay. I’m sure I can whip something up.” I replied as I opened the fridge. I looked at the ingredients.

“Yunho? Do you have any food allergies?” I called out.

“Nope.” He replied.

I nodded as I took out some pasta and tomato sauce.

“I’m making seafood pasta, are you okay with that?” I asked. I found him sitting on the counter top.

“You cook?”

“I lived alone for a long time.” I grinned. I began slicing some vegetables, then I heard him speak.

“When…did it start?...I mean your phobia?”

“I think I was around eight years old. My parents….they died because of an accident.”

“I’m sorry~”

“Don’t be, anyway, that day, the accident the three of us were inside the car, appa was singing along to some song playing while eomma was trying to shut him up until…the car slipped over a cliff. It was raining that day.” I wiped away one tear that escaped.

I heard Yunho go down from his seat.

“Soomin, look at me.”

“I’m fine, Yunho.” I said as I wiped my eyes.

He just spun me around and I felt his arms surround me.

“Next time when it rains, call me, arasso? I’ll be there.”

I nodded.

“And don’t tell me those tears are because of the onions.” He chuckled as he let go and ruffled my hair.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Yunho just watched her cook. Soomin would occasionally frown and purse her lips when she was concentrating on something. Yunho just smiled. He was having fun just watching her.  He didn’t even know what made him hug her, was it just about her past or….he just wanted to do it?

“It’s done.” She announced. Yunho handed her some plates.

 

“How is it?” Soomin asked. Yunho chewed for a while.

“Its good, when did our chaebol daughter learn how to cook?” Yunho grinned.

“Call me that again and I’ll call you vice president.” She replied.

“Changmin’s been looking for you, you should give him a call.” Yunho said.

“Okay.”

 

“Hyoran-ah, are you still seeing that young man?” Her father asked as they were eating dinner.

“Y—yes, I am abeoi, waeyo?”

“Isnt he married?” Her mother asked with a disapproving tone.

“Its just temporary eomma, they would break it off…soon.”

Her parents exchanged looks.

“Who did he marry?”

“Shim Soomin of Shim Corporation.” Hyo replied.

Her father choked on his food.

“Shim!? She’s a Shim?” He asked with tension. Hyoran nodded. Her father’s eyes furrowed.

“Stop seeing him.”

“But appa~”

“I said stop seeing him!” Her father slammed his napkin on the table and walked off.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

a little Yunho and Soomin moment :>


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};