Chapter 22

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Yunho entered the coffee shop together with Hyoran. She didn’t know why Yunho wanted to come he just told her that his friends were there. Partly true but truthfully he was worried again.

“Oh, hyung.” Changmin called out. The two went to them and sat down. Hyoran was talking with Junsu when she saw Soomin talking with her friend, her brows furrowed. She looked at Yunho; he was looking at Soomin also.

“That’s the reason why he wanted to rush here.” She whispered to herself.

 

“The husband is here.” Khun grinned as he motioned towards the door, Soomin turned. She winced.

“Are you hiding?”

“Aniya, eosaekhada(No, its awkward).”

Khun shrugged.

“You should sit with them, I still have a hearing at the court.”

“Ya.” She narrowed her eyes at him; Khun stuck his tongue out playfully and stood up.

“Go, doctor.”

 

Soomin waved goodbye to Khun and made her way to her cousin.

“Oh, your friend left already?” Changmin asked.

“Yeah, he’s busy.” Soomin replied, Yoochun moved over and made some space for her.

“Soomin-ah, I heard you’re going to be working for Baekje? Welcome!” Yoochun said.

“Komawo, oppa.” She replied. Then, Hyoran spoke up.

“Tomorrow, do you guys want to have a lunch picnic?”

Everyone looked at her. Soomin leaned on her cousin.

“It was raining very hard the other day, were you okay?”

“Yeah, Yunho was there.” She replied. Changmin nodded.

“Sure,that would be great, will you be cooking?” Junsu asked.

Hyoran grinned.

“Yeah, tomorrow around 11, is that okay?” She asked. The guys nodded.

“Soomin too, you should come.” She added sweetly.

“Yeah…sure.” Soomin replied.

 

Your POV

 

“Who was that guy? How did you meet him? What does he do? Did you really meet at California? Why is he here~”

“Oppa, stop!” I said as we walked out of the coffee shop. I heard Yunho chuckle behind us. He grinned at me knowingly.

“Ya! How come he knows more than me?!” Changmin oppa hit my forehead.

“I’m the husband, I have to.” Yunhi grinned. I saw Hyoran look away. I sighed.

“Yunho, I’ll just come with Changmin oppa, you can go ahead.”

“Arasso.” He nodded as they set off.

“Who was that?” Changmin oppa asked.

“We dated before~”

“What?!”

“Will you please let me finish?”

He nodded.

“We broke up over a year ago, then we decided to be friends now.”

“Was he the reason…you called me last year and you were crying~”

“Lets not talk about that. So, how’s everything going?” I asked as hooked my arm around his.

“Hmmmm, it’s been a while since I last bought you clothes, lets go!”

Eh?

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The Shim siblings went inside the luxury shopping mall. Soomin was confused on why her cousin was acting this way. They made their way inside the clothing section and Changmin began choosing clothes, he was pointing at random items and asked the salesperson to wrap it up. Soomin grew alarmed.

“Ya, ya, oppa, what are you doing?”

“I’m being guilty, I haven’t been taking care of you lately.” He grinned.

“Well, Shims don’t shop when we’re guilty, we eat.” Soomin grinned.

The two cousins went out but two boxes of clothes and shoes were already making their way to Soomin’s house.

 

“Do you always call yourself husband when you’re with her?” Hyoran asked. They were both walking around the central park.

“Aniya, it’s just my way to , why?”

Hyoran shook her head.

“Nothing, I was just curious.”

“So has your opinion on chaebol daughters changed?” She asked. Yunho kept quiet for a while. He just wrapped one arm around her waist.

“Hmmm, not entirely, but I’m sure that Soomin’s different from all of them.”

Hyoran nodded.

“I’m sorry.” She said. Yunho looked at her in shock.

“Hyo, what~”

“I’m sorry if I’m not eligible for your family, I know that we’re not suited for each other, but I really love you, Yunho. Please don’t leave me.”

Yunho just smiled and hugged her.

“What are you saying? I wont leave you.”

Hyoran smirked a little as she felt Yunho’s guilt.

 

Yunho’s POV

I feel guilty, I’ve been neglecting Hyoran lately but I’ve been busy at home and at work. I put on a pair of jeans, a shirt and a blue cardigan. I went down, I found Soomin swimming.

But why was Soomin with that guy again yesterday? It seems….odd.

It might sound odd but I kinda got used to her just walking around during mornings wearing a bikini.

“Arent you coming?” I asked.

“Yeah, I am.” She resurfaced; I got the robe and handed it to her.

“Dress up, we’ll go together.”

“It’s fine, I can drive there, just text me the address, and besides I have to pass by at our house before leaving.”

“Wae? Haraboji called for you?” I asked. She shook her head.

“Nope, I just need to get some thing, anyway, Jung Yunho, you should go now.” She took me by the arm and led me to the door.

“You should be on your way to pick Hyoran up.” She grinned as she patted my cheek and went inside.

Why is she always pushing me to Hyo? Does she not like my presence?

Why am I even bothered?

 

Your POV

 

After dressing up in a purple summer dress with cut outs on the shoulder area I drove to our old house. I saw our butler waiting for me.

“It’s been a long time, young miss.”

“I missed you, butler Jang, is everyone doing well? Appa and eomma are in Malaysia right?”

He nodded.

“The chairman is doing well, young miss, but sometimes he misses you, it would really be great if you and young master would visit him.”

“Young master?”

“Mister Jung, your husband.”

“Oh,,,,arasso-yo, I’ll bring him along next time.” I nodded.

 

I went to our garage and got in the red Hummer. I missed you, my child.

Okay so this monster was Changmin oppa’s gift to me when I turned 19, I didn’t bring it to the US because it would be a discomfort and I was happy with my R8 over there.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Everyone was already at Naru Park located in Busan. Jaejoong and Junsu had set a long table and a huge umbrella while Hyoran prepared the food she made.

“Hmm, traditional dishes.” Changmin nodded approvingly.

“Smells nice.” Yunho nodded.

Hyoran just smiled at him.

“Yunho, where’s Soomin?” Yoochun asked. Jaejoong and Junsu looked around.

“You left her?” Junsu asked. Changmin looked at Yunho.

“No, she’s coming, she just had some things to do~”

Everyone heard a car’s engine. Then a red hummer came into view. Changmin smirked.

“Of course.” He nodded approvingly.

“Did you invite someone else, Hyo?” Jae asked.

“Ani, must be some touri~”

Soomin hopped off from the car with ease and grace. She was wearing her puprple dress and black ankle combat boots. Yunho looked at her in awe.

“She drives those things?” Yunho asked.

“Yeah, she does.” Changmin nodded.

Junsu waved over to her.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m late.” Soomin said apologetically as she sat down beside Yoochun and Junsu.

“You had to drive Cherry.” Changmin grinned.

“Cherry?” Junsu asked.

“That….car’s name is Cherry.” Changmin grinned.

“You name your cars?” Yunho asked Soomin with a smile.

“I was bored and I was…..nineteen.” She grinned.

“Show off.” Hyoran muttered. Hyoran looked different today, she was wearing really short shorts and a tank top. Truth to be told Yunho was bothered by it. But he didn’t know how to say it to her for it might hurt her feelings.

Soomin was chatting with Yoochun and Junsu, occasionally they would laugh at Junsu’s antics. Changmin was observing Yunho throughout the time, because…..he knew something changed. He just couldn’t point it out.

“Oh, right, when I went to Cali with my family for a week we went there too.” Yoochun nodded. Yes, the quietest person was talking.

“Really? They have the best baked scallops there, oppa.”

“And have you been to Six Flags, Soo?” Yoochun asked.

“Yeah, went there right after my shift and the next day I lost my voice and my internship, well almost.” Soomin grinned.

“Ya, Ya! Not everyone lived in the US here.” Junsu said a bit annoyed. Soomin grinned at him.

“Oppa, next time when I come back you can come visit me or we can go together”

“Really?”

Soomin nodded and smiled.

Yunho frowned; the next time she’d be there they would be divorced already.

“Yunho?” Hyoran called out.

“Hmm?”

“Let’s eat.”

 

They were all enjoying the food. Jaejoong would point out the traditional dishes to Soomin and practically place everything on her plate. Yunho just listened in as they talked. Hyoran was actually getting more annoyed, Yunho was just too obvious. On the other side, Changmin would “occasionally” catch his hyung stealing glances at his cousin.

“This is marinated radish, try it, it’s good.” Jaejoong placed a slice on her plate. Soomin ate it.

Then a weird after taste surrounded . She gagged. She covered . Yunho looked at her.

“Oppa….hwa..jang…shil…(rest room)?”

“It’s a few meters from here.” Yoochun pointed to particular direction to his right. Soomin nodded and stood up, she ran.

“Jaejoong hyung, what did you give her?” Yunho asked.

“Marinated radish.” Jae replied.

“She can’t eat that, that has chili paste. Wait.” Yunho stood up and followed her. Hyoran watched him as he ran after Soomin. Hurt was seen in her eyes also, anger.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

SHE~~~