Chapter 6

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“It was your father’s wish that you’d marry someone worthy of you.” The elder Shim explained.

“Marry someone I don’t know?! How could~”

“Shim Soomin.” Her grandfather gave her a look. Soomin closed .

“Haraboji, I’ll be handing my shares to oppa anyway, I don’t need to this~”

“How will you hand them if you can’t claim them?”

Soomin sighed.

“This is too much haraboji.”

“I can’t help you with this, Soomin. If you don’t claim your parents’ shares they will become frozen.”

Soomin stood up.

“So I really have to marry him?! Whoever he is…”

Her grandfather nodded. Soomin walked out of the office.

 

 

Your POV

 

I went up to the most peaceful part of the building, the rooftop. Why do I have to do this?

Appa, WAE?!??!!?!

I became a doctor only to marry someone I don’t even know?!

I sat down. I cant do this. Marriage isn’t even in my priority list. I got my phone.

“Hello?”

“It’s me.”

“Hey! How’s Seoul treating you?”

“I wanna die.”

“Why? Oh, how’s your grandfather doing?” Ailee asked.

“He’s fine. Lee, are you at work?”

“Nope, I’m at home, why?”

“I read my parents’ will earlier.”

“Really? That’s good.”

“No it’s not.”

“Why? I thought you were handing them to your cousin and come back here.”

“That’s the problem.”

“I don’t get you, doctor.” She replied.

“I can only claim my shares in the company, if I get married.”

“What?!”

 

Yunho’s POV

 

“Sir, the president wishes to see you.”

I looked up and dismissed my secretary. I sighed. He cant be talking about Hyoran again, right?

I stood up and wore my coat.

 

“You called for me, abeoji?”

He nodded.

“Sit down first, we need to discuss some things.”

I nodded and sat on the leather couch.

“I think it’s time for you to have this, son.” He gave me a brown envelope.

“It’s my last will.”

“Abeoji, what~”

“I just wanted to give it you earlier, I want to rest now.”

I nodded and opened the envelope.

I JUNG RYEOWON CERTIFY THAT I AM OF SOUND MENTAL HEALTH AND CONTRACTUAL CAPACITY.

I HEREBY HAND ALL OF MY ASSETS AND SHARES MY ONLY SON, JUNG YUNHO. HE MAY CLAIM ALL OF HIS SHARES WHEN HE IS ALREADY AN ADULT AND MARRIED TO MY FRIEND, SHIM JEONGMIN’S ELDEST DAUGHTER.

I reread the document. I shook my head.

“Abeoji, I have Hyoran~”

“That was written when you were still a month old. I cant change that.”

“Abeoji, you cant control my life like this!”

“It’s either you resign from the company and go to your Hyoran or you do this.”

“I love her.”

“I’m sure you’ll learn to love her too, son. She is a young lady from a prominent family. You two suit each other well.”

“Appa, I cant~”

The doors opened.

It was Changmin’s grandfather.

“Ah, uncle you didn’t really have to go all the way here.” My father stood up and greeted him.

“I already told her, she didn’t take it well.” Haraboji said. What are they talking about?

“Annyeonghaseyo, haraboji.” I greeted him. He nodded at me and clasped my shoulder briefly.

“I’ll…..be going back to my office~”

“Yunho, insahae(greet) your grandfather-in-law properly.”

I froze.

“What?!”

“He’s your in-law now.”

In-law?

……MARRIED TO MY FRIEND, SHIM JEONGMIN’S ELDEST DAUGHTER.

“Shim Jeongmin is my son.” Haraboji said with a smile.

Then, if Shim Jeongsoo is Changmin’s father. Then……

“Shim Soomin is your granddaughter?” I asked. He nodded.

The two adults nodded at me.

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Yunho went back to his office. His father was willing to kick him out of the company if he doesn’t marry Changmin’s cousin. He shook his head and sat on the leather couch. His thoughts went to Hyoran.

“I can’t do this.”

“What?” He heard a voice, he sat up. Hyoran grinned at him and she closed the door behind her.

“You look stressed.” She said as she sat beside Yunho.

Yunho shook his head and kissed her cheek.

“Some…things..came up.”

She nodded and handed him a folder

“Yoochun wanted me to hand you these, he saw me on my way out.”

“Thanks, are you up for lunch? Let’s eat.”

 

Shim Soomin was at their home, she was lying on the bed while Ailee was on Facetime.

“So, you really have to marry, him, huh?”

Soomin nodded.

“But, I cant do this. Isn’t this too much? Who knew this type thing still exists!”

“Apparently does.” Ailee nodded.

“Not helping, Lee.”

“Soomin-ah, think about it. Your appa worked so hard for his shares and assets, you cant just leave it there, frozen just because~”

“But this is about my life!”

“They worked so hard just so that you could enjoy life too.”

Soomin shut up. Ailee knew she had hit a spot.

“I’m sorry, Soomin, I just~”

“It’s okay, I’ll just call you later.” Soomin said.

 

Your POV

 

I went out after talking with Ailee, no point in staying home and be depressed about the matrimonial doom.

But she was right, I cant just leave my appa’s shares. Who knows what the board of directors would do. Maybe I should talk to oppa about this.

Wait, no thanks. He’ll blow even if he hears a little thing.

 

I parked my car in front of a restaurant and stepped out. I was on my way inside the restaurant when I accidentally bumped into a girl. She lost her balance and fell on the floor.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Hyoran winced as she landed on the floor. Soomin gasped and helped her up.

“I am so sorry, I didn’t see you.” Soomin said as she helped Hyoran dust her clothes.

“It’s…okay, I wasn’t looking too.”

“Oh, you’re bleeding. Wait.” Soomin rummaged to her bag and took out a small bottle of alcohol and a tube of ointment. Hyoran was a bit surprised. She gently applied some alcohol on her wrist.

“Here, I already cleaned it for you.” Soomin said as she placed some ointment and took out a band-aid.

“Thank you, miss.”

“It was my fault, I hope it doesn’t leave a scar.” Soomin said as she got in the restaurant.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

short chappie, sorry for that, its a filler chapter.

uknow time. kkkk

le rivals meet. XDD

 

i'll be bringing out KHUN soon :3