Chapter 17

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

Narrator’s POV

A week after getting married, Yunho and Soomin were doing just fine. Hyoran would visit them frequently and during those times, Soomin would step out of the house or stay in her room. Ailee already went home but she did say she might live with her grandparents if her company permitted her transfer. As for the couple, they got along well, like good old friends. They never had any fights….yet but Soomin was always considerate not minding if her name was always on the line when Yunho went out with Hyoran.

 

Soomin stepped in Baekje Hospital at Gangnam; she submitted her resume and her credentials. She thought that if she had to stay in the country for a long time she might as well work.

After passing her papers she went out of the establishment. Then her phone beeped.

Let’s have coffee. –Khun oppa

Her brows furrowed as she got in the car.

 

Your POV

I got inside Passion5 and found him sitting down.

“I ordered your favorite. Caramel Macchiato.” He smiled as he pushed the cup towards me.

“..Thanks.” I said as I sipped hesitantly.

“How are you doing?”

“Everything’s been…okay, I guess. You?”

“We’re putting up a firm here in the city, actually I was hoping~”

He took out a white envelope from his coat pocket. He placed it on the table and pushed it towards me.

“~ you would come to the opening.”

I picked it up.

“Khun oppa, I don’t think~”

“Bring your husband with you, if you must, but please go, okay? For me.”

He was looking at me with those brown eyes again. I bit my lip.

“A—rasso, I’ll try telling Yunho.” I replied. He nodded and smiled. I looked around us. Thankfully, no one seems to recognize me, well my face was plastered on tv for a few days just because of that wedding.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

It was already 3:30 PM, Hyoran and I were at Times Square walking around. She was holding onto my hand.

“Do you want to come over? I’ll cook for you.” She asked.  I smiled back.

“Should I?” I . She just shook her head and kept on walking.

“Oh, right about this Saturday, are you free?”

“Yes, I think, why?” I asked.

“My friend who’s working at a law firm invited me to their opening, would you like to come with me?”

“Sure, what time is it?”

“I’ll just text you the details, vice president.” She grinned.

Then I saw a familiar tall figure wearing a pair of black jeans and a long sleeved shirt.

“Oh…it’s Soomin.” I said. I felt Hyoran’s hand around mine tensed. I smiled at her once.

 

Your POV

 

 

Oh my god. Look away, Soo. They didn’t see you, he didn’t recognize~

“Soomin-ah!”

Of, course he wouldn’t recognize me, we live in one house together! Really. Jung Yunho, you don’t know the dos and donts of dating!

I looked back and smiled.

“Hey, nice….seeing you…here.”

Hyoran smiled at me and looked away. I narrowed my eyes at Yunho. He gave me a questioning look.

“What are you doing here? Shopping?” He asked.

“Aniya, I was…just going home.” I replied.

“Ah~”

“I’ll see you later, bye Hyoran-ssi.” I said as I walked away from them quickly.

Oh the irony of this situation, the wife is giving way to the girlfriend. I had to laugh at that.

I made my way to the exit doors just when I smelled something.

“Bi. (Rain.)” I muttered as I saw pedestrians cross the steets with umbrellas and raincoats. Then my world started to spin.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Yunho and Hyoran made their way to the exit. It was when Yunho saw Soomin her legs were wobbling. Hyoran saw it too.

“Yunho-ya, isn’t that~”

Yunho immediately shrug her arm off and ran to Soomin. Hyoran stumbled a bit and looked at Yunho’s back as he ran away. She fought back the tears that were lining her eyes.

 

Soomin placed her palm on her forehead. She grimaced as she closed her eyes. Then she felt two hands on her shoulders.

“Don’t touch me~”

“Soomin, it’s okay, it’s just me.”

She sighed. Yunho spun her around; he grew more worried when he saw her pallid pallor. She was pale.

“Soomin-ah, what happened?”

People were looking at them now, some recognized the two.

“Fire……rain…….car.” She muttered before she collapsed onto his chest. Yunho lifted her up and called for his car.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I got so worried when she fainted. I brought her home and called our family doctor. I stayed outside as he checked on her.

“I’m sure she’ll be fine, sir.” Butler Pyo said. I just nodded.

Then the doctor came out already.

“How is she?” I asked as I stood up.

“She’s fine now. I think she was just over fatigued.”

I nodded, then the doctor ushered me to the side.

“I took the liberty of checking on your wife’s medical records~”

I nodded.

“~she has ombrophobia.”

“What is that?” I asked.

“Ombrophobia is quite a rare case in our country, this type of phobia makes the patient feel or have an unreasonable fear of the rain or being rained on.”

I stared at her door for a while.

“How did….she have it?”

“……I don’t know, it’s not stated in her records. But something must have triggered her trauma.”

I nodde and thanked the doctor as he left.

I entered her room, then a realization hit me, ever since the first day we moved in this is my second time entering this room. Well when I first came in my things were mixed with hers, but now it was all hers. I saw some medical books on the shelves and on her study. Her dresser was arranged neatly. Some of the pillows on the couch fell off; I picked them up and placed them back.

Then I saw her sleeping on the bed.

Ombrophobia? Someone as strong and “cool” as her has a phobia?

I brushed off the stray strands of hair on her face.

“Good night, Soomin.” I said as I tucked her in the blanket and went out.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

the doctor's back.....

yunho, i think..you forgot about something....
if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};