Chapter 18

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

Your POV

I woke up only to find a pitcher of water on my bedside and Yunho, he was sitiing on one of my couches reading the papers. I sat up.

“W—what happened?” I asked as I felt a sharp pain on my head.

“You collapsed, again.” He replied as he placed the newspaper down and went to pour a glass of water.

“It’s honey water, the doctor said you needed sugar in your system.” He said as he handed me the glass.

“Soomin-ah, why didn’t you tell me?” He suddenly asked as he sat back. I pulled my hair off my face.

“About?~Wait, aren’t you supposed to be at work?”

“It’s a Saturday, and you were sick, there’s no way I would leave you here at home. And, why didn’t you tell me that you have ombrophobia?”

I blinked, once, twice.

“How….did you know?”

“The doctor came in yesterday, he had to call the hospital where you used to work for, he didn’t know what to give you, and so that’s where he found out.”

“And that’s how you found out.” I shook my head as I drank the liquid.

“I’m not supposed to?” He asked.

“Doctor ethics.” I shrugged.

“But, I’m your husband, I have a right to know about that, at least.” He nodded.

“Whatever you say, mister Jung.” I grinned as I stood up from the bead.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The couple was eating breakfast when a sudden thought hit Soomin, it was already 9 AM and Hyoran wasn’t with them.

“How come Hyoran’s not visiting? It’s a weekend.” Soomin blurted. Yunho looked at her. He kept quiet for a few seconds.

“I left her at the mall, damn I forgot!”

Soomin looked at him with confused eyes.

“You collapsed at the mall.” He explained. Soomin bit her lip.

“Call her.”

“It’s okay, I can~”

“Jung Yunho, listen to me just this once, call her now or go to her. She must be feeling hurt right now.”

“I’m sure she would understand~”

“You don’t get it, sure she would understand, but where does that place me? She would hate me for this! You left her in a mall and it’s also raining.”

Yunho kept quiet.

“Just go. I’ll be fine.” She said as she stood up and went to her room.

 

Soomin closed the door to her room. She was annoyed. Now, Hyoran will really hate her.

“Yunho, really, so dense.” She muttered as she went to her bed.

Then she remembered Khun’s party.

“I’d rather not tell him, they need time alone.” She nodded as she got his phone.

She waited for a few seconds until Khun answered.

“What?” He snapped. Soomin grinned a little.

“I wanted to tell you that I’ll go to the party but if you’re this cranky~”

“Soomin?”

“What?” She snapped back. Khun chuckled.

“Arasso, I’ll see you later, is your husband coming with you also?”

“….Nope, he’s busy with the company.” She lied.

“Okay. I’ll see you then.”

 

Yunho’s POV

 

Soomin was right; I should have gone to Hyoran earlier. But she just looked so sickly last night and I was just worried. Is this what I get for having a wife who’s a doctor?

 

I pressed the doorbell on Hyoran’s house. She was the one who opened it. She was just wearing her typical jeans and cardigan get up. She just looked at me blankly.

“Walk with me?” I said as I took her hand.

 

“About yesterday~”

“You don’t need to explain.”

“I’m sorry, I should have at least brought you home.” I said. She was quiet for a moment then she said,

“Well, you should have thought of that before you went off running to her.”

“She was sick, Hyo, she collapsed.”

“So?”

“So? What if her head hit the floor?”

“What if you fall in love with her?” She retorted. I looked at her. She was looking away.

“Hyo, it’s not~”

“You know what the problem is? You care too much.”

“I’m sorry okay? Soomin’s just been really helpful. Didn’t she help yoi cover up with eomma?”

She sighed and looked at me. I just hugged her.

“Don’t worry. It’s going to be fine. We both know this was going to be hard.”

 

Your POV

Yunho was out the whole day. Good. I had the whole house to myself. It was around 5 PM when I decided that I should dress up already.

I already chose a white backless dress from Chanel and a pair of Louboutins. I took a shower and began drying my hair. I think I heard someone climb up the stairs. Oh, he must be back then.

I slipped in the dress and shoes and grabbed my clutch.

 

I finally arrived at the place Khun oppa texted. Not bad, the building looked…..modern.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Yunho went in his room and changed into a blue casual suit. He walked out of his room when he heard a car rev outside of their house.

“She’s going out?” He muttered as he went down to get in his own car as well.

 

Soomin stepped in the hall and she looked around her. Then she felt someone tap her shoulder.

“You came.” Khun grinned at her.

“Tonight, let’s just be two friends that didn’t give a damn about anything, like before.” Khun said.

“Remember two years ago? You were carefree and I didn’t really care about anything. Let’s be like that tonight. Please?” Khun nudged her. Soomin smiled.

“As long as you don’t embarrass yourself, attorney.” She grinned as the walked in the office together.

“So, why is the mighty husband not around?”

“Like I told you, busy with company matters.” Soomin replied.

“Do you have plans working?” Khun asked her.

“Yeah, I applied at Baekje Hospital.”

“Cool, now I have a doctor already.” Khun grinned. Soomin rolled her eyes.

“Are you okay? With the whole marriage~”

“I thought we were going to be carefree and no care in the world duo tonight?”

“Right, you’re still a smart .” Khun shook his head.

“You’re….still a lawyer.”

They both laughed as they walked.

“So, Oppa what have~” Soomin stopped talking. She looked at the couple in front of her. They were also facing the two of them.

It was Yunho with Hyoran’s arm wrapped around his.

“So, your husband is busy with COMPANY matters, eh?” Khun grinned.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Khun just made it more akward. hehehee

if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};