Chapter 51

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Seconds passed, until Soomin bent down to pick up the broken pieces of the glass she was once holding.

“Stop.” Yunho said as he walked over and made her stand. Soomin looked away.

“What……brings you here?” She stuttered.

Even Yunho was surprised to see her inside the house.

“Ailee fetched me from the aiport last night. Isnt this her house?”

Soomin finally looked at him. She looked confused.

“Ani, she lives a few streets away. This is….my…Oh no she didn’t.” Soomin’s eyes narrowed for a fleeting moment. Yunho smiled.

“You left.”

“I know.” Soomin swallowed and she pulled away from his grasp.

“Is this about the papers?” Soomin asked carefully she looked for her cellphone.

Yunho didn’t reply but her just followed her to the kitchen.

His presence wasn’t helping at all. Soomin felt truly uncomfortable. For the past few days she has been trying to block him out of her mind, but then he appeared at her terrace. She sighed as she bent down to look for something that would clean the mess she made at the living room. She found a small vacuum cleaner. She stood up again and found Yunho so close to her.

“Yun~”

“It’s not about the papers.” He said. Soomin nodded and tried to step away, but Yunho held her shoulders firmly.

“I’m not letting you run away from me again.”

“What~”

She was cut off when Yunho’s lips landed on hers. Soomin’s eyes widened.

Yunho broke away from the kiss and smiled at her.

“It’s because I love you.”

 

Your POV

 

“It’s because I love you.”

I looked at him. Then I felt his arms around my waist.

“It’s because I love you that’s why I’m here. That’s why I threw those papers away. And I’m here to get you back.” I felt his chin on my shoulder.

“Yunho, I~”

“I just wanted to tell you that. I didn’t have the chance to, but…. If you don’t see me~”

“Would it hurt if you let me talk first?” I asked, he let go of me and nodded.

“I…started seeing you as a man long ago. That’s why I left. Because if I stayed by your side, you’d be hurting, you couldn’t go to Hyoran.”

“Didn’t you hear me? You’re the one I need, not her anymore. We broke up before you left.”

He fished out something from his jean pocket.

“Would you do me the honor of wearing this ring again?”

I looked at the ring, my ring.

I smiled.

“I need my Mrs. Jung back.” He smiled.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Tears lined Soomin’s eyes as she saw the ring. Then she smiled, for the first time in weeks she genuinely smiled. She didn’t say anything but she just wrapped her arms arounf Yunho’s neck.

“I love you too.” She whispered. Yunho’s smile widened and he just hugged her tightly.

“I missed you.” He said. Soomin just smiled in his embrace.

Soomin let go of him and smiled.

“Me? Not really, I had a lot~”

Yunho raised one brow at her. Soomin just shook her head.

“Have you eaten?” She asked.

“Did we just return to our usual routine?” Yunho asked playfully. Soomin scratched her neck uneasily.

“Seoul misses you too.” Yunho said while playing with her fingers.

“Do you want me to go back? We can still talk via phone.”

“The house feels empty.” Yunho admitted. Soomin smiled and opened the fridge.

“I’ll think about it, let’s eat out.” She grinned as she kissed his cheek lightly.

Yunho smiled.

 

The two ended up in a local café. They were talking deeply about the things that had happened.

“Why me?” Yunho asked.

“Because you’re Jung Yunho. The chaebol daughter hater, the guy who helped me with my rain phobia.” Soomin replied.

“Then, why me?” Soomin asked.

“Because you’re this stubborn young lady who’s independent and doesn’t need my help.”

“Stubborn?” Soomin asked, she was a bit amused.

“You made me realize a lot of things.” Yunho said.

Soomin stood up and sat beside him.

“Do you really want to live together again? How about the rumors?” She asked worriedly.

“You don’t know what happened huh?” Yunho asked as he pinched her nose lightly. Soomin shook her head and leaned on him.

“When you left, all of us were worried. I was shocked about Hyo’s father, but Changmin….he was….mad.”

Soomin looked down.

“We can talk about that later.” She shrugged.

“Will you come back to Seoul with me?” Yunho asked while facing her.

“I will.” Soomin grinned. Yunho kissed her nose lightly.

“As long as we get ice cream after this!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};