Chapter 40

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

Narrator’s POV

Changmin sat back on his office chair. He remembered everything Ailee told him before she left angered him, again.

“I have something to say.” Ailee said.

Changmin nodded.

“You see, I’m leaving tomorrow, and….can you watch out for Soomin?”

“I always do that, did something happen?”

Ailee bit her lower lip.

“Did something happen, Ailee-ssi?” Changmin asked again.

“Hyoran once went to their house, she was so mad……she slapped Soo.”

“What?!”

“I’m scared, she’s been hurt so many times.”

Changmin nodded.

“I hope you have a safe trip. Thank you for informing me.”

Ailee nodded and left. Then she smirked.

“Lee Hyoran, goodbye.”

 

Soomin sat on her divan. She was inside her walk-in closet. She sighed deeply.

“Why would they want to kill my family?”

Inside she felt numb. She didn’t know how to react earlier. She didn’t know whatv to say. She can’t even feel any anger. She was already wearing her dress and make up. Her red dress showed her slim back, she looked gorgeous but she was troubled. She heard someone knock.

“Come in.” She called out. Yunho peeked, then he smiled. He walked over to his wife.

“Ready to go?”

Soomin nodded and strapped in her shoes.

“Are you sure you can come tonight? We can just stay home.”

“I’m fine, I have to show the public that we’re still……married.” She grinned. Yunho smiled and poked her nose once.

“You look really beautiful.”

Soomin looked down, her cheeks blushing.

“But about the back part, don’t you have a jacket or~”

Soomin rolled her eyes and went out of the room. Yunho chuckled.

 

Yunho’s POV

We walked in the event center, cameras flashed. Soomin’s grip on my hand tightened. I looked down at her.

“Hold on tight.” I smiled.

“Mister Jung, with the recent scandal, how is your relationship doing?”

“Are you going to talk to your girlfriend?”

“Mrs. Jung, is it true that you forced them to break up?”

With that Soomin looked up and smiled.

“Despite all the rumors, can’t you see it? We’re here together, the two of us. Do we need to explain this also? The rumors may have hurt us, but we’re still together. I hope you stop asking such questions in such a happy event.”

I looked at her, she smiled and nodded at me. The reporters turned quiet. How did she do that?

 

We walked in tha place, I saw Yoochun and Jaejoong wave us over.

“Good thing you two are here, the reporters outside are crazy.” Junsu commented. Soomin smiled and looked around.

“Is Changmin oppa here?”

Then two men clad in black suits with earpieces approached us. Soomin blinked.

“Good evening, young miss and young master.”

Junsu looked confused.

“What is happening~”

“Soomin, the two of them will be assigned to you. They are your bodyguards.” Changmin said.

“But Oppa~”

“You were almost murdered, I don’t want you hurt again.” He said, but he was looking at me.

“How did~”

“It was already on the news earlier.”

Soomin bit her lip.

“I’ll just……go to the restroom.” She patted my hand once. The bodyguards followed her. Changmin shrugged.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Yunho watched her as she moved away. Jaejoong observed his friend.

“Hyoran’s here.” Jaejoong started. Changmin looked away with hard eyes.

“She works for Mondo, duh hyung.” Junsu said. Yoochun threw him a look.

“She used to.”

“Is she okay? We all heard about the investigation.” Yoochun asked.

“Why are you asking him? Its not like my sister didn’t get hurt…again.” Changmin said. Jaejoong looked at the younger guy.

“Changmin-ah, what~”

“She slapped her, didn’t she?”

The other three looked shocked.

“I told you hyung, if she touches my sister again, I’d take over.” Changmin said and moved away.

 

Soomin came back and found Yunho with some of his business colleagues. She decided not to approach him and sat on one of the chairs. Her bodyguards were still with her. Then her phone rang.

 

Your POV

 

I got in the car while two men sat on the front.

“Where to agasshi?”

“Police Department.”

They nodded. I gripped on the leather seat. I feel tensed. I am…..scared. They know who the culprit is. They know who killed my family…..they know who wanted to kill me.

 

The car finally stopped and my bodyguards accompanied me to the building. It felt odd without Yunho. I got used to the fact that he was usually guiding me when we go here. I miss his the warmth from his hand on mine. But, I have to be here.

“This way, agasshi.” He opened the door and the chief of police himself and the prosecutor welcomed me. I nodded and gave them a bow.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The two bodyguards stood by the corner of the room and watched over the Shim young lady with alertness. Soomin sat down and the prosecutor offered her some tea.

“We found out who the owner was, he was the president of LeeSan Corporation.”

Soomin nodded.

“There’s a story behind it actually, LeeSan Corportion was bought out by Shim Corporation, and it was your father, the late Shim Jeongmin. This story hit the news a week before the accident. At first, one person called us and told us that it was LeeSan’s president who did it. But we did not have any proof. So we ignored it.”

Soomin’s fingers trembled as she took a sip of the tea.

“After our thorough investigation, the owner of the car and LeeSan Corporation is Lee Pyungshil. He currently resides at Hannamdong with his family. We will be releasing an arrest warrant right away after we pass these documents.”

Soomin was handed a brown envelope.

“These are some documents about him, he had a motive. Your father and him were competitors in business.”

Soomin opened the envelope and saw the man’s face. That was when anger started to surge in her system but it was immediately stopped when she saw a picture of a very familiar looking lady.

She gasped.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Soomin.....doesnt cry...

I actually got her character from TVXQ's SHE, there was a line there that said, "A person who never cries
I know just how strong a person she is"

 


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};