Chapter 8

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Minutes passed. Soomin kept on fiddling with her fingers. Yunho looked up from his coffee.

“Are you an only child?” Yunho asked slowly.

“Yes, I am.” Soomin nodded. It was damn awkward for the two.

“About this…do….you…agree?”

Soomin looked at him.

“You have a girlfriend.” She stated.

“How did you know?”

“Oppa told me.” She shrugged. Yunho looked at the papers on the table.

“Can I ask you something?” Soomin leaned over. Yunho nodded.

“You’re a businessman, what would happen if I just leave my shares alone?”

“Its either it will become frozen or it would be given to the BOD.” Yunho nodded. Soomin closed her eye briefly. Ailee was right.

“Well, I guess I cant even don anything about this.” She muttered.

“Did your father tell you something?” She asked.

“It’s either I marry you or leave the company.”

Soomin looked down.

“I guess going home was a bad idea.”

Yunho smiled.

“I don’t think so, none of us can escape this.”

Soomin nodded.

“Look, Yunho-ssi, can I talk to you again tomorrow? All of these are just…..confusing me and I need some time to think~”

“It’s okay. Just give me a call.” Yunho said as he stood up. They exited the hall together.

 

Your POV

 

Why does he look so calm on everything?

I arrived home and went straight to my room. This is too much.

“Soomin? It’s me, can I come in?”

The door opened.

“Oppa, about that~”

“I’m kinda glad about it.”

“What?!”

“Well if you were to get married, I’d want you to marry someone who’s sensible and stable in life.”

“But he has girlfriend!”

“So you approve of the wedding?” He raised one brow at me.

“I thought about it,,,earlier. I cant just let appa’s stocks be….gone.”

“Well, it’s your decision to make. Oh, Yunho hyung asked me to leave his number to you. Here.” He handed me a small sheet of paper.

“You two should talk about this.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Yunho couldn’t sleep. He didn’t know what to decide on. If he marries Shim Soomin, he would hurt and Hyoran. And if he does marry, it would hurt him too. He loves Hyoran too much. It was already 2 AM when his phone rang, he sat up and answered the call.

“Hello?”

“Yunho-ssi? It’s me.”

“Soomin?”

“Yeah. Did I wake you up?”

“No….Is something wrong?”

“Can we talk now?”

 

The two ended up sitting on a bench in front of Han River.

“I’ve decided.” Soomin started.

“How about you?” She looked up at Yunho.

“I know you have a girlfriend and I’m perfectly fine about that. Even though if we marry you can still meet her.” She shrugged.

“What do you mean?”

“I talked it to one of my lawyer friends earlier. She told me that the passing of the will takes almost a year or two to be processed.”

“So, you’re saying….if we marry now. We can get it processed?”

Soomin nodded.

“We can just marry then file a divorce when the shares are under our name.”

Yunho looked at her a bit shocked. How could she take marriage lightly?

“I’m sorry. Sometimes I forget that I’m not in the US anymore.” She smiled and looked away.

“Well, that’s what I just wanted to say. But if its not okay with you~”

“Let’s do this. Let’s get married.”

Soomin looked at him.

“It would make both sides happy.” Yunho explained. A small smile played on Soomin’s lips.

“If that’s it then….we should have a meal together tomorrow…with your girlfriend.”

Yunho looked at her, wide eyed.

“She has to know also, right? Besides, I’d really like to meet her.” She smiled and patted his hand.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I watched her as she walked back to her car. I’ve never met such a cool tempered woman. She even wanted to meet Hyoran.

Shim Soomin, somehow I have a feeling that we would get along really well.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Soomin woke up and it was almost lunchtime. She checked her phone and found a message from her fiancé. She shivered at that thought.

Lunch today at Korea House. –Yunho

She bolted up from her bed and showered.

After changing into a white mini dress with little gold accents, she switched on the television.

“It has been reported that Shim Corporation’s Shim Soomin will be getting married this month to Jung Yunho, CEO of the famous Jung Automobile~”

She looked at the screen.

“What the hell? How did it get out to the media?!”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++