Chapter 31

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Hyoran tossed her phone across the room. She was frustrated that Yunho always gave way and prioritized Soomin. She sat down and opened her laptop where she typed a message to the columnist she contacted a few days ago.

A small smile appeared on her face as she sent the text.

“Shim Soomin, I’ll destroy you.”

 

The house help was putting Yunho’s luggages in the car while the couple was having breakfast. Soomin was chewing on her bagel when Yunho spoke up.

“Jaejoong called me last night.”

“Why?”

“He wanted to ask if you would want to join him for lunch today.”

“Ah…..what did you say?”

“He doesn’t have your number, that’s why I’m asking.”

“I’ll come.” Soomin said.

“Good, I’ll give him your number then.”

Soomin nodded. Deep inside she wasn’t feeling well. She’s been having a  bad feeling that Yunho has to leave and she has to be alone in the house. She felt like something bad will happen. But she just thinks it’s just because of the investigation.

“I’ve been to Thailand before.” She blurted. Yunho looked up.

“I think it was last year, Khun oppa and I went together. We stayed over his family’s house.”

“He’s from there?”

“Yeah, but he was born in the US. I remembered the time we went bar hopping there, we almost lost our way.” Soomin laughed. Yunho’s brows furrowed. It was Khun oppa this and that again.

“I never thought we would drink so much that night. Good thing everything went well. His brother had to pick us up.”

“Do you trust him that much?” Yunho asked he was irritated.

“Yeah. He’s a good friend.”

“Didn’t you say he cheated on you?”

“Yes, but…..he is one of closest friends. We’re better of just friends anyway.” Soomin grinned.

Yunho just got more annoyed.

 

 

“I’ll be leaving now.” Yunho said as he went inside Soomin’s room. Soomin looked up from her book.

“Hmm, arasso, see you in two weeks.” She smiled. Yunho stood there.

“Don’t I get a hug? We wont be seeing each other for two weeks.”

Soomin smiled and stood up; Yunho just hugged her silently.

“Buy me food.” She chuckled. Yunho let go of her.

“Chili paste?” He grinned.

“Get out.” She stuck her tongue out.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I leaned on my seat as the plane readied for take off. I remembered the talk I had with Jaejoong.

“This business trip came in the right time.” Jaejoong said.

“Wae?”

“You need space away from Soomin and Hyoran. You need think, you need to straighten out your feelings.”

“I cant understand this, Soomin....just keeps on appearing in my mind but Hyoran~”

“I know, we can all see it. Just think it over while you’re away. Who’s the person you cant live without? Who’s more important? Who is the one your heart calls out for?”

 

Will Soomin be okay alone? With the investigation going on, I’m sure she’ll be having a hard time. I feel guilty for leaving her, but I need to.

And I cant face Hyoran now. I’ve said some things to her and…. I just don’t have the guts to talk to her now, I’ve hurt her.

 

Your POV

 

I entered the restaurant and found Jaejoong oppa and Changmin oppa waiting.

“You don’t have work today?” Min oppa asked.

“I do, after lunch.” I replied as I sat down.

“The first lady of Jung Automobile, works for Mondo Group, Yunho must hate Yoochun for that.” Jaejoong oppa chuckled.

“Aniya, he’s fine with it oppa.”

Changmin opp was reading the menu with intense concentration. Well, nothing unsual there.

“Will you be fine alone? Two weeks is a long time.”

“It’s okay oppa, I’ll be busy this week at the hospital too.”

“Good, I don’t want my sister-in-law to be bored.”

 

After eating I drove to the hospital. I feel weird today. It’s like something is going to happen. Or is it just about the investigation?

Maybe I should call Ailee after my shift.

Yeah, I should.

 

Narator’s POV

 

It’s been three days since Yunho left. He would occasionally call and text Soomin, just to check on her, but nothing really special happened. She would just ask how he was doing and vice versa.

Ailee would sometimes drop by the house. The two friends would eat and watch dramas.

 

It was a sunny Thursday when Soomin woke up and headed out to swim. Her thoughts were crowded because of the call she received last night.

“Miss, we would like to request your presence tomorrow.”

“Why?”

“We have required an old video footage and a few photos, we would like you to confirm it for us.”

She couldn’t ask her cousin because Min was at Gyeonggido for a meeting. And she didn’t want to bother the others. Yunho doesn’t even know.

It was her day off today and she didn’t want to spend her free day in the prosecutor’s office. After taking a hot shower she changed into a pair of skinny’s and a black sheer top. She grabbed her leather platforms and headed out.

 

“Here’s a short clip.”

Soomin directed her gaze to the laptop. It was a grainy video in black and white. She flinched as soon as it started. Somehow, the CCTVs back then actually worked. She saw a few cars pass by then she saw her father’s car. She closed her eyes briefly. Then it started again. She saw their car being hit relentlessly by another car. She looked away until the clip was finished.

“We need to further investigate the clip. It might take some time to zoom in the plate number because of the low quality of the video.”

She nodded at the prosecutor.

“I’m really sorry to say this, but I think it was done…purposely.”

“Thank you for informing me, I’ll be taking my leave now.”

She hurriedly went out of the place and drove home.

 

Soomin arrived at their house and knocked on Yunho’s room. Since no reply came she just opened the door and went in seeking for his familiar embrace.

“Yunho~”

She suddenly remembered he wasn’t around. Her brows furrowed for a while. Then it started to rain outside. She froze. The memory of the clip kept on playing in her mind. Fresh tears started to fall from her eyes.

She sat down on his bed and tried to breathe normally again. The rain kept on pouring until she finally closed her eyes and slept. Maybe it was because of the stress that she got to sleep or Yunho’s familiar scent around her.

 

Your POV

 

I woke up in another room. Yesterday I forgot that Yunho wasn’t around. Weird. But fortunately, I stayed alive through the rain. I walked back to my room and changed into a pair of denim shorts and a blue tank top.

“I have nothing to do today.”

I went down and lounged in the living room. I watched the time tick by. Oh my gosh, someone talk to me!

I remember cooking for Yunho; it was fun. He just stays home during weekends that’s why I have someone to talk to. No, why am I looking for him?! I did that last night too!

I sighed. Maybe Hyoran came with him too.

STOP IT!

I got my phone and called my cousin.

 

Narrator’s POV

Yunho was still in his suite when his phone rang. He hurriedly got his phone seeing it was her number.

“Oppa, I’m really bored. Are you free? I need someone to talk to! Are you busy? Like really busy? I want to come over!”

A small smile formed on his lips on the word “Oppa”.

“Oppa?”

“Soomin?” Yunho said.

Soo was quiet for a few seconds.

“Yunho?”

“Yeah, its me, are you okay?”

Soomin palmed her forehead.

“I thought I was calling Changmin oppa.”

Yunho’s smile grew wider.

“Ah, geurae?”

“Hm, I’ll call you later, bye!”

Soomin dropped her phone and rolled on the couch.

“SHIM SOOMIN, YOU FOOL!” She said to herself.

“How can you call him oppa? It was so awkward!”

On the other end, Yunho was just smiling. He shook his head lightly as he exited his room.

“That was cute.” He whispered.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

more moments before the storm... Yunho should enjoy it before it ends XD

And soo, not everyone on your contacts is Changmin. :3

do any of you guys own JCs??????

im currently addicted to 'em XD


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};