Chapter 37

The Will That Changed Their Lives

Narrator’s POV

 

The couple walked out of the office. Soomin was in a daze. Someone wanted to kill her and her family. Yunho didn’t know what to say but he just held her hand as they walked.

“….Someone wanted me dead. They…killed my family.” She muttered. Soomin never showed her tears to anyone, she was making an effort not to cry in front of Yunho.

“Soomin-ah, don’t think~”

“I want….to stop this.”

Yunho pulled her back and wrapped her in his arms.

“Don’t be scared, because I’ll be here with you every step.”

“Its too late to back out now, Soomin. Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.”

Soomin nodded as she placed her chin on his shoulder, that was when she softened a bit, but she still held back her tears.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

We went out from the office, I decided to go to an ice cream parlor and leave the car first. Soomin was still being quiet. I still can’t believe that someone wanted to murder them. I can remember Uncle Jeongmin and his wife; I think I met them when I was still very young. Lately I’ve been having strange dreams from my childhood, my parents talking, my grandparents’ death burial, but one dream kept on replaying. It was my mother and father talking harshly on the phone. It was like they were mad at someone for not doing something. I shook my head.

 

Soomin and I walked in the shop.

“Cookies and cream?” I asked she shook her head.

“Isn’t that your favorite?”

“I want ddalki(strawberry).” She smiled.

“Arasso, you sit down first.”

 

“Thanks.” She said as I handed her a spoon.

How can she do it? I haven’t seen her cry before. Earlier, I was afraid that she might break down, but she didn’t. How come she’s so strong? I couldn’t take it earlier that’s why I hugged her.

 She looked up.

“You’re thinking deeply again.” She smiled softly then she picked up a tissue. She wiped my lip.

“You eat like a kid, worse than Changmin oppa.” She said as she looked at her cup again. How can she still smile?

“Soomin-ah, you don’t have to act strong in front of me.”

She looked at me and shook her head.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Soomin walked in the hospital, a lot of people looked at her but she didn’t mind them. Then she noticed a group of volunteers handing out flyers in the lobby. She approached one of the nurses.

“Who are they?”

“Oh them? Theyre from Sunflower Foundation.”

“What are they doing?”

“They’re asking for donations for their orphanage. Its one of the foundations that Mondo is supporting.”

Soomin nodded and looked at the poster intently. She smiled and walked away.

 

Meanwhile, Yunho and Hyoran were inside a private dining hall together. Both of them were quiet.

“I have something to say.” Yunho started.

Hyoran nodded.

“I think….it’s better if…we go on separate ways now.”

Hyoran looked up, shocked.

“Yunho, what are you saying?”

“If we go on, I might hurt you. No, you might get hurt. I’m afraid I might hurt you.”

“I was right. You fell for that b.tch’es charms.”

“Hyo, its not like that.”

“Mwo?! You used to dislike cheabol daugthers. Then she came, she changed you,  Jung Yunho. She stole you from me!”

“No, she didn’t. You were the one who changed Hyo.”

“So, its my fault now?”

Yunho looked away.

“No, it’s my fault. I fell for her. She didn’t charm me in any way, Hyo. I’m even embarrassed telling you this, but I love her and I’m sorry.”

Hyoran tears started to fall.

“You’re lying, Yunho. You still love me.”

“Hyo, please, let me go now. I’ve hurt you enough~”

“I wont hear any of it. I’m leaving.” Hyoran stood up and left the room. Yunho leaned back on her chair and pinched the bridge of his nose.

 

Your POV

 

I went out of the last room I was checking and headed down. I can’t even concentrate on anything today. With what the police told me and….Yunho. I admit I have feelings for him, but~

“Resident Jung, you have someone waiting for you at the lobby.”

I nodded at my intern and went to the elevator.

On my way to the lobby some nurses were smiling at me oddly. Even my fellow residents threw me googly eyes.

This is creeping me out. Should I go?

I walked forward and found Yunho standing there, looking all erudite in his typical corporate suit. He was wearing navy blue pinstripe suit with a white necktie. I sighed, is he a CEO or a model?

“What brings you here?” I asked as I approached him, still aware of the stares we were getting.

“How many hours still your shift ends?”

“I have about an hour. Why?”

“I was bored, I wanted to tag along.” He smiled.

“You’re bored, so you go to a hospital where you might be exposed to germs?”

He nodded and smiled, but his eyes were telling a different story. He must have talked with Hyoran already.

“Let’s go up.” I said. He followed me to the elevator.

We ended up at the hospital’s roof garden.

“Yoochun oppa’s going to be mad at you for disturbing me at work.” I grinned as I passed him a cup of coffee.

“I just wanted to see you at your workplace. And speaking of Mondo Group, he gave me an invitation earlier this week.”

“What is it about?” I asked as I sat beside him.

“Mondo Group’s celebration for the new hospital at Busan.”

I nodded. Then I looked at his face.

“Did something happen?”

He frowned for a while then looked t me.

“Today, I br~”

His phone started to ring, I nodded and he picked it up.

“Hello?.....Abeoji?”

I looked at him.

“Ah, I’m at the hospital with Soomin….arassoyo. We’ll be there.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Yunho walked in their company’s lobby with Soomin trailing after him. The employees greeted them politely. Soomin just smiled in return.

 

They found Mr. Jung in his office.

“What were you thinking?! Didn’t I tell you to fix this matter?!”

He slammed the newspaper on his table. Soomin stepped back.

“Abeoji, what do you mean?” Yunho asked. Soomin wanted to hide behind his tall frame. She was scared by her in-law’s reaction.

“We called the magazine who first published the photos, the lady who sent those photos was none other than Miss Lee.”

Soomin’s eyes widened.

“And now, she’s making up stories that the PUBLIC ARE OBVIOUSLY BUYING!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};