Chapter 1

The Will That Changed Their Lives

Narrator’s POV

 

 

Jung Automobile’s dashing CEO entered the fine dining restaurant with a smile. On his way in the waiters and the manger bowed politely. He smiled back.

 

“Sir, you’re parents are waiting for you.”

He was guided to a private hall where his parents were waiting for him.

“Hello, mom. You look really pretty today.” He said as he kissed his mom’s cheek and sat down.

“It’s good to see you son, how are you lately?” Mrs. Jung asked. Yunho grinned.

“I’m fine, eomma.”

The elder Jung cleared his throat.

“Yes, abeoji?”

“Since we already ordered for you son, we wanted to ask some things.”

Yunho nodded.

“We’ve been hearing a lot of things lately, my dear.” His mother said in concern.

“About what?”

“It’s about a girl…..being involved with you.”

Yunho smiled a bit and nodded.

“So, it is true?” His father asked.

“Yes, I have a girlfriend.” Yunho admitted, he was slightly nervous.

His father gave him a nod.

“I’m happy for you my dear, but…will you let her meet us? I’m curious what kind of lady caught my son’s heart.” Mrs. Jung patted his hand.

“Of course, eomma. I’ll tell her.” Yunho said in relief.

But his father looked dubious.

 

 

Meanwhile, a young lady clad in a bikini top and denim cutoffs was talking on the phone. She was inside her beachfront house cooking. Her waist length hair was tied in a loose braid.

“Haraboji? You called.” She grinned as she got the pancakes of the pan.

“Yes, I did. How are you doing?”

“I’m fine. Have you been taking care of yourself~”

“Now, don’t start with the doctor talk young lady.”

She chuckled and sat down.

“Is something wrong haraboji? You usually ask oppa to check on me.”

“Nothing’s wrong my child, it’s about your parents’ testament.”

Soomin’s brows rose.

“What about it?” She asked.

“Maybe it’s time for you to open it. You are an adult now.”

Soomin sighed.

“And….your cousin needs company, he’s getting a lot more temperamental nowadays.”

“Oppa was always like that. I’ll check my schedule first haraboji, then I’ll give you a call.”

“Arasso.”

Soomin placed the phone down and looked at the framed picture on her wall. She smiled as she assessed her parents’ faces. It was their last family portrait.

“I miss you…… eomma and appa.” 

 

Your POV

 

“So, you’re really going home?”

I looked at my Korean-American friend, Ailee. She was born in New Jersey and currently working at a mall here in Cali.

“I’m not really sure. I still need to ask permission from the hospital.” I replied in Korean. She nodded.

“Did you understand?” I asked in English.

She hit my arm playfully.

“Of course I did.” She lay back in the sand again. I placed my sunglasses on.

“What time’s your shift again?” She asked.

“Two hours from now, I’m getting all the sun I can get now so don’t disturb me.”

She rolled her eyes and plugged in her Ipod.

 

 

I went back home to change and immediately headed to the hospital. Well, another day for my 8-hour shift.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

“How was lunch?” I heard a sweet voice. I looked up and found Hyoran with a cup of coffee in her hands.

“It was fine. I missed you.” I said as I stood up and kissed her cheek.

“Cheesy.” She rolled her eyes and gave me my coffee.

“Thanks. Oh, my parents want to meet you.”

She bit her lip.

“They don’t bite, Hyoran.” I grinned as I held her hand.

“But…what if they don’t like me?” She asked, her big brown eyes boring into mine.

“They’ll like you, I’m sure. After all….you’re the only girl who caught my eyes.”

“One more cheesy line and I’ll be going back to the office.”

I grinned and went back to my table.

“Oh, right, Yoochun told me to remind you about the party this weekend.”

“Party? What party?” I looked at my desk calendar. I heard Hyoran stand up. Today was a Monday and nothing had been marked on the calendar.

“Changmin’s birthday….this Saturday?” She voiced out and sat on the arm of my chair.

“CEO must be so busy. Don’t overwork yourself too much.” She chided.

“Oh, right. Changmin!”

She grinned and kissed my cheek.

“I’ll be taking my leave. I’ll see you later.”

“No, I’ll pick you up after work.”

“Yunho, you don’t~”

“I cant hear you. Lalala~”

“Fine do what you want.”

“Bye, I love you!” I grinned. She just smiled and went out.

I know my parents will like her. Hyoran’s the best.

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Soomin grunted as she forced herself to stand from her bed. It was 4 AM and her cordless phone kept on ringing. She stood up and dragged herself to her dresser. She squinted in the darkness.

Finally she got the phone and pressed the green button.

“What?!” She snapped.

“Ya, is that the way to talk to your Oppa?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

hey guys :3 thanks for subscribing and commenting!

please do comment and tell me what you think!! :) enjoy reading :>