Chapter 5

The Will That Changed Their Lives

Narrator’s POV
 

Changmin’s parents were delighted to see their daughter back. Soomin was talking with her eomma relentlessly while the men talked business.

“So, you broke up with that man?” Mrs. Shim asked. On that question, Changmin’s head snapped up.

“You had a boyfriend?” He rasied one brow.

“Changmin, why are you being so cranky about Soomin getting a boy~”

“Because she shouldn’t trust guys too much~”

“So, oppa you’re telling me not to trust and interact with your friends?” Soomin asked as he gestured towards the four guys. Changmin shut up.

 

Yunho’s POV
 

This younger Shim is amazing. She can make Changmin shut up. She was walking with us on our way to the elevator. Uncle and auntie had already left earlier. Junsu and Jaejoong were already warming up to her friendly demeanor.

 

“Oppa, you have pretty eyes.” Soomin said as we got in the elevator. Changmin was speaking to someone on his Bluetooth headset, but he had one hand on Soomin’s back. Overprotective brother, I say.

“When was the last time you were here?” I asked. She looked at me.

“Probably, six or seven years. I was here for a conference for a week.” She nodded.

“That long? Do you still know your way around the city?” Jaejoong asked.

“Not really. I even got confused driving up here.” She grinned. Then Changmin’s phone rang again, before he could even pick it up, Soomin pulled out the battery.

“Business later, show me around now.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The six people ended up in a small botanical garden at Busan. Soomin was walking at least 20 steps ahead from them.

“Hyung, is something bothering you?” Changmin asked.

“Is it Hyoran?” Jaejoong asked.

Yunho nodded.

“Did you guys fight?” Yoochun spoke.

“Aniya, it’s my parents.”

“Let me guess, they don’t like her?” Junsu asked. Yunho nodded.

“They said they wanted me to marry someone in my level. Do they want me to marry those daughters from chaebol families who only know how to go shopping?” Yunho sighed.

“Maybe you should let them get to know Hyoran well. I’m sure it will be okay.” Jaejoong said.

“I hope.”

 

Your POV

 

Okay, so whatever they are talking about I shouldn’t listen. The tall person, Jung Yunho was his name was really quiet the whole time. Weird. But he was friendly and…good-looking. I looked back at my cousin and his friends. They were all really good-looking like models. Ailee should meet them. I chuckled. I wonder how she’s doing~ ACK!

I felt my land on the ground and some pebbles dug through my palm. My palm became moist. Am I bleeding? I looked up and saw a man running away from me.

 

“Soomin-ah! Are you okay?” Oppa pulled me up.

“Yeah, I am.” I said as I brushed off some dirt from my clothes.

“Who was that blind idiot~”

“Oppa, he must’ve been in a rush.” I said as I walked.

I just held my cousin’s hand for support and we walked together.

 

“Uhm, Soomin-ssi?”

I looked at Yunho questioningly.

“You’re bleeding.” He said, then he produced a brown satin handkerchief and tied it around my palm.

“You should clean it when you get home.” He smiled.

“Thanks….”

He just grinned and nodded.

“I’ll be going ahead guys, I have to pick up Hyoran after work.”

We looked at him as he made his way to his car.

“Who’s Hyoran?” I asked in English.

“His girlfriend.”

I nodded.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” I asked oppa.

“Oh please, Soomin. You’re the first girl that Changmin actually treats correctly.” Jaejoong oppa said as he pulled me with him.

 

 

Narrator’s POV
 

Finally the two younger Shims arrived home. Dinner was already served.

“How come I don’t see haraboji?” Soomin asked.

“He’s in Japan right now, he’ll be back tomorrow. But he’s know you’re here already.”

“He didn’t even call me.” She mumbled. Changmin grinned.

“How’s the company?” She asked.

“It’s fine. What’s with the sudden interest?” He raised one brow.

“My reason for going home is about my parents’ will oppa.”

Changmin nodded, still not getting it.

“After I get the will, which will surely mean shares and stocks from the company, I’m handing it to you.”

Changmin choked.

“Wh—what?! Why?!”

“I cant stay here oppa.” She shook her head.

“But you just got here!”

“I’m going back in three weeks, doctor’s leave. Besides, you can handle the company well.” Soomin said as she cut her steak. Changmin glared at her.

“Don’t you think I already have my hands full? I’ve been managing it alone and now you want to add my load? Just go back to California, Soomin.” He dropped his utensils on the table and left. Soomin looked down. Butler Pyo looked at her as he asked the maids to clean up Changmin’s place.

“Agasshi, the young master has been alone all this time, please don’t take it to heart, he just misses you, that’s why.”

Soomin watched him as he climbed up the stairs.

“Has he been having a hard time?” Soomin asked.

“…Well..there was this young lady.” Butler Pyo nodded. Soomin’s brows rose.

 

 

Your POV
 

I made my way up to my room. Changmin oppa must be really in a bad mood. He left his food in the table. I shook my head as I remembered what Butler Pyo said.

“It’s better if you asked him agasshi, but the young master was really hurt.”

“When did this happen?” I asked.

“About…a year ago.”

Who would dare to hurt him?

 

I woke up around 8 AM and found the house empty. Oppa already left for work.

“Young miss, the chairman wants to see you in his office at 10.” One of the maids said.

“Arasso, thanks.”

I wonder what he wants to talk about that he wants to talk in his office.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Shim Soomin walked in their company’s building clad in a pair of black denim shorts and a white chiffon blouse with her studded Alexander Wang bag. People looked at her as she passed.

 

“Is Mister Shim inside?” She asked the secretary.

“Yes, he is. Do you have an appointment?”

“It’s okay, I don’t need one.” She said as she walked to the door. The secretary panicked.

“Miss, the vice president doesn’t like~”

“Its okay, he wont be mad.” Soomin grinned as she opened the door.

 

“Oppa? It’s me.” She said as she closed the door behind her. Changmin looked up momentarily and dismissed his secretary.

“It’s okay, she’s my cousin.” He said monotonously. Soomin grinned and placed a cup of coffee on his table.

“Arasso, I’m sorry if I said all those things. But, oppa you have to understand, I can’t stay here for long.”

“Why are you here?” Changmin asked. Soomin pouted.

“Haraboji wants to meet me, I’ll be heading up in his office in a few.”

He nodded. Soomin got annoyed.

“Fine, I’m extending my stay, happy?!”

Changmin looked up and grinned.

“Good.”

Soomin threw a pen at him.

 

 

Your POV

 

I went up to gramps’ office. I found him inside reading a newspaper.

“Haraboji, I missed you!” I gave him a hug. I noticed a brown envelop on his table.

“Me too, glad you still look Korean.” He smiled as we sat on the couch together.

“Here, it’s time for you to open this.” He gently laid the envelop on my hands.

I smiled as I saw my name written on it with my father’s hand.

I opened the envelope and pulled out the papers.

 

LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT

 

I SHIM JEONGMIN CERTIFY THAT I AM OF SOUND MENTAL HEALTH AND CONTRACTUAL CAPACITY.

I HEREBY HAND ALL OF MY ASSETS AND SHARES MY ONLY DAUGHTER, SHIM SOOMIN. SHE MAY CLAIM ALL OF HER SHARES WHEN SHE IS ALREADY AN ADULT AND MARRIED TO MY FRIEND’S ELDEST SON, JUNG YUNHO.

“Oh, this is nice, haraboji~”

WAIT, WHAT?!

I saw haraboji looked down at his palms. I read the last line again.

MARRIED TO MY FRIEND’S ELDEST SON, JUNG YUNHO.

Married? To who?!

“Haraboji!”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++