Chapter 39

The Will That Changed Their Lives

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Soomin winced as she tried to stand up from the marble floor. She was on her way to get a glass of water when she slipped. She heard footsteps rushing.

“Soomin-ah?”

“I’m here.” She replied.

Then she felt someone pull her up.

“Does it hurt a lot? What happened?” Yunho asked, Soomin noticed that he was just wearing a black wifebeater and that she was holding on to his bare arms. She placed her hands down.

“I’m okay, I think I just twisted my ankle.”

Yunho nodded and lifted her up.

“Yun~” She landed on the kitchen counter top.

“Stay still.” He said as he bent down and tried probing on her ankle. Soomin winced in pain and….in nervousness.

“Are you mad at me?” He asked. Soomin looked at him. Yunho stood up and handed her a glass of water. He stood in front of her.

“Should I be?”

Yunho sighed. He just leaned his forehead on her shoulder.

“I would be happy if you weren’t. Everyone’s……”

“I don’t know what to feel anymore, but I’m fine. I’m sure we can fix it. And I don’t hate you.” Soomin grinned a little. Yunho didn’t move.

“I had a nightmare.”

“What?”

“Remember when I told you that LeeSan Corporation seem so familiar to me?”

Soomin grew uncomfortable with his breath on her shoulder.

“Hmm, I do. Can we talk in the living room? Its cold here.”

Yunho nodded and placed her down. He wrapped one arm around her as they walked together.

 

Your POV

 

“I dreamt about LeeSan, my parents were talking about it. My father looked like he was angry and my mom was trying to calm him down. They mentioned your father too.”

I nodded.

“Remember that article we saw at the police department, it mentioned LeeSan too.”

“I do. They were somehow related to Shim Corporation.” I replied as I leaned on the couch. Yunho looked at me intently.

“I think….my dream, LeeSan Corporation and the accident of your parents are all related.”

“Yunho, are you sure? It’s…I don’t know…very unlikely?”

He shrugged and leaned next to me. I could sense that everything was stressing him. Well everyone was blaming him and it was all because of me. I smiled lightly and leaned on his shoulder.

“Can I sleep like this again?” I asked. He looked at me and smiled.

“You’re being guilty?”

“I’m being kind. I know you need company.” I replied. He just smiled and opened his arms.

“Thank you, Soomin-ah, you’re always there.” Those were the last words I heard before I went to dreamland.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Khun stopped his Ferrari in front of the Shim-Jung residence. He got his phone and called Soo.

A few minutes later, Soomin stepped out of the house with her Alexander Wang bag hanging on her shoulder.

“So, you finally decided to show yourself attorney?” Soomin grinned.

“I was worried about you, are you okay?”

“I think, it bothers me, yeah. But I have to be strong for Yunho.”

Khun tilted his head and saw Yunho walk out of their door clad in his usual business suit.

tumblr_lyxs7oyxIu1qc6jueo7_250.gif

Soomin waved at him, he didn’t even look. Khun smirked.

“Get in. I’ll drive you to work.”

Soomin looked at Yunho once and got in the car. Soomin got int the car.

“Ailee left early this morning for SF.”

“…Wae?”

“Her mother wanted her to come home, her relatives are coming over.”

“They make the travel time sound like a bus ride.” Soomin muttered.

Khun chuckled and ruffled her hair.

 

 

Soomin was at work when her cellphone rang.

“Oh, oppa, whats up?”

“Don’t what’s up me, little girl. Office now.”

“But~”

“You can just leave, the head doctor was already told by Yoochun hyung.”

Soomin sighed and trudged back to her office.

 

Your POV

 

I entered the Oppa’s office and found Yunho sitting down with him.

“Hey.” I said. Yunho nodded and gestured for me to sit. Changmin oppa looked odd, like he was keeping something. No, he was holding his anger.

“If this is about the Lee Hyoran thing~”

“Shush. Just sit down.”

I sat across Yunho he winked at me. I rolled my eyes.

“I wanted to ask Min about LeeSan, he knows a lot about your family’s company.”

I nodded.

“LeeSan?” Changmin oppa asked. Yunho nodded.

“I think that was the time when your father was still holding the company, you see hyung, Soomin’s abeoji was the eldest son, so naturally he’d be the first one to work for the corporation.”

I rolled my legs under me.

“Jeongmin samchon?” Yunho asked. Oppa nodded.

“So, what about LeeSan Corporation?” I asked.

“It was a company that your father bought because it was on the verge of bankruptcy.”

“When did he……buy it?”

“I’m not really sure, the details were vague, and you can check the company records.”

Yunho nodded. I was about to stand when my phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Ma’am we found out something, we request your presence.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The couple walked in the office. The prosecutor greeted them and a group of higher ranks policemen. They both looked surprised.

“Good morning.” Yunho said. They greeted back and sat down.

“It might sound shocking for us to say this at such an hours but we confirmed that…..the accident was no accident. Someone wanted to murder your family, Mrs. Jung.”

Soomin’s eyes widened. Yunho held her hand.

“W—what?”

“We’ve found the owner of the car, the plate was registered under LeeSan Corporation, but since the company has been closed for a long time, we still need some time to know who it was.”

Yunho looked at her worriedly.

“Ah…okay.” Soomin was out of words, but Yunho could see her fingers were trembling.

 

The two went out of the building. Soomin was in a daze. The only thing that kept her walking was Yunho’s hand on hers.

“How are you feeling? Do you want to sit down?”

Soomin nodded. Yunho pulled her to sit on one of the benches.

 

Yunho’s POV

 

Soomin sat down and held her fingers together. I was right, LeeSan is connected to this case. From the articles, and the odd dreams I’m having. But what does my parents have to do with this? I clearly remember abeoji and Jeongmin samchon were good friends.

“Yunho, can we go home now? We still have a party to attend to later and….I want to rest.” She gripped my hand once. I nodded.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

rival for Kris, anyone?? i'm seriously clueless right now, despite all the chapters i'm uploading hahaaha,

I'm like 3 or 4 chapters advance this chap :D

and...I'm sure you guys wont like the next chapter haaha


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};