Nearing the End

Sent to a Bloodsucker

With Jihee still unconscious in the care of her cafe manager, both you and L.Joe continued the one day date, planning out the last few hours you still had in each other's company.

"I wish we could spend every day like this..." you muttered after a long silence between the both of you. 

He was quiet, and after a few steps he finally replied. "We could." 

You looked up at him, wondering what on Earth he meant by that.

He met your eyes, smiling at the idea in his mind. "We don't have to live here. We could always, maybe, you know... escape?"

"Escape?" you repeated, almost as if it was the first time you've uttered the word. "I-I don't think we could... The borders are under tight security these days, now with the population lowering. We have to apply to leave and do heaps of paperwork, and we need a good reason to leave the borders. Plus, the Presidents were so kind as to let us meet today." Then you added a queit, "which I still find quite odd." 

L.Joe silently agreed. "Escaping would be to betray their kindness huh?" He sighed. "But there could be a way. Maybe their kindness is a weakness? Maybe..."

You waited for him to continue, the last syllable extended in a soft whisper. "Maybe...?"

"Maybe the border can finally be broken. Maybe, we could convince people that we don't need the border and that we could become one again?" He said, glancing at you for some sort of approval to his plan.

You looked back, unsure of what to reply. 

"What do you think? Should we make some sort of petition?" he suggested.

"That wouldn't be enough. This could take years to achieve. We need more than just signatures on a piece of paper. We need everyone to come and agree and voice our opinions to the government at once," you said, pausing in your tracks. You noticed the sun going down, nearing ever so closely to the horizon. In the still moment, you swear you could count the minutes the sun had until it set. "What time is it?"

L.Joe checked his phone, looking at you blankly. "Nearly 6, why?"

"We have another six hours until midnight then," you sighed. "Today passed too quickly."

He finally noticed the time and sighed inwardly too. Then, he held your hand tightly and headed to a different direction you were heading before.

"Where are we going?" you asked, only to receive a mysterious smile in reply. 

-

"Did you really convince the President, hyung?" Ricky asked, scooping away at the ice cream he had found in L.Joe's freezer. He claimed that he was 're-energizing' from the long journey out of the maze and that he was definitely not stealing at all. They were family, and family shared everything. 

C.A.P. sighed and opened his eyes, waking from his very short nap. 

"Did you really beg him? How did you even talk to him? Are you friends now? Do we get benefits as friends of the President? Do we get to ride a limousine now? What colour is it? I hope it's white... White limousines nowadays are the trend..." 

"Ricky," C.A.P. spoke, his first word in a few hours. "What are you even talking about?"

Niel and Changjo gave a short laugh, snapping out of their blank state. Chunji was in L.Joe's room, completely drained from escaping the deadly maze. When he had escaped, he ever only wanted to go home and sleep, but after finding Yunji on the way out, the inner gentlemen in him and accompanied Yunji (being an upset mess) on her journey home. 

"To be honest," C.A.P. started, gaining the attention of the three around him that expected a story from those three words. "Jisu appeared out of nowhere and scared the living crap out of me. He just teleported into my room from thin air. Who knows what I could've been doing at that moment!" 

Niel and Changjo exchanged a sneaky smile and had to quickly hide it when they were caught by C.A.P. 

"Anyway, it was his idea for this one day meeting. I just tagged along with the idea cause he needed someone to represent L.Joe, and I thought the idea was pretty good. And so, we went to our two Presidents and got an appointment with them easily. We talked for about two hours about the idea of the two sides reuniting and the one day date that those two could get. Surprisingly, they agreed so easily to the idea of reunification and using the day date as some sort of 'ease' to the change," he said. The looks on the youngers' faces made him chuckle. "You expected that we begged and begged the officials to talk to the President, didn't you?" 

Slowly, they nodded. 

Was it really that simple? Were the two sides really going to combine, just like that? Why did the officials even let a scruffy looking guy like C.A.P. talk to the President privately, for two hours?

"Oh yeah, one more thing," C.A.P. added, "he told me not to tell anyone else of the plan in case it spreads and that the Presidents don't agree to a conclusion in the end. So you guys, don't tell anyone else."

All eyes were on Ricky, suspiciously on his phone. He looked up and met with eyes of rising disbelief and shock. 

"Oh no no no." He turned his phone, showing them the black screen. "It ran out of battery in the maze. I didn't tell anyone and won't tell."

A united sigh of relief came over them, as they relaxed on the couch.

-

"I think... I know this place..." you muttered, mostly to yourself. You held L.Joe's arm as your other hand were held in his. Leaning your head on his shoulder, you took in the surroundings and tried to remember where you've seen all this before.

A rush of familiarity hit you. "This... The pier? Why did you bring me here?" 

L.Joe gave a hint of a smile before talking. "I didn't want this place to be a place of pain for you. The best we could do is visit it again and make some happier memories." 

There were no one else at the pier, only the odd number of couples that were starting to head back. It felt almost as if the pier had expected you to come and shooed everyone else home. 

The sun was coming close to disappearing under the horizon and you hurried to catch a glimpse of it before if ducked away. Pulling L.Joe along, you ran to the edge of the pier and witnessed the final second of the red sun. The sky was a mix of red, pink, orange and purple. The night was coming and the moon peeked out from a cloud, coming slowly to take over the sky. 

"It's beautiful..." you placed your hands on the railings, closing your eyes to feel the wind from the seas wrap around your body. 

L.Joe stood beside you, watching you carefully before joining you in the appreciation of the moment between day and night. 

You opened your eyes and peeked at him. He seemed like a different person at that moment. He seemed... calm, and at peace. 

Silently, you approached him, closer and closer, until his arm was the only thing between the you. Carefully, you leaned in towards his face, a smile growing on your lips. Soon enough, he would feel the pressure of your body leaning on his arm, but you had to catch him before he caught you.

With one quick motion, your lips met his. 

 


Well damn, AFF changed a bit.

I think after this fic ends, I'll be leaving AFF :L 

I might come back with another fic later on in the year, which reminds me. Happy New Year guise! 2014~ 

So yea, I hope you stay subscribed in case I do come back. I hope to see familiar faces (or more like usernames) if I do return c:

Have a great year guise! 


Thanks to Lulu3492 , ParkSoomi , LJoonie , julianguyen1995 , luhandeer149aha , PurpleRoseBlueFire , Myungyeon0313 , jecrisdiego , jiyeon1424 , YunaJi , MsLouiseWang , LittleLengNa , Sssulbias , NaraKim23 , FeiLunHaiLuver , BubbleTeaNoona , InfinitexChoding , deskay and x_Wolf_Angel_x for subscribing!