Family

Sent to a Bloodsucker

You woke up the next morning, realising you had to make the decision. You pushed back the blinds to let in the sunlight, but the sky outside was grey and icy cold.

You combed your fingers through your dark brown hair, struggling with the extra knots caused by tossing and turning the night before.

How you wished it was Summer. You yearned to hear the birds chirping merrily outside and feel the warm touch of sunlight.

You could hear L.Joe speaking outside while you got ready for school. You still hadn't made your decision.

After a long struggle to get your uniform on, you sleepily walked out the door to the living room.

L.Joe seemed a lot happier than usual as he spoke on the phone.

"Thank you, thank you very much!" He unconciously bowed and hung up, still with the bright smile on his face.

"What are you so happy about?" You sunk into the couch.

"After lots and lots of begging, I managed to persuade your main teacher to delay your test to later in the day." Even L.Joe couldn't hide his excitement.

"You're lying..." You stood straight up.

"Nup! Test is at 1pm sharp. That gives you two hours to get back to school. He also said that I needed to make sure you don't do any extra studying."

You couldn't contain your happiness anymore and leaped for joy. "Thank you so so so much!" You hugged him with so much force that it nearly knocked him back.

You pressed your lips against his cheek and flew away to your room. "You're the best L.Joe!"

He stood there, looking stoned. He could've broken out into fanboy mode, but he managed to stop himself.

You went into your room to do two things: 1. Get your bag. 2. Fangirl.

You had a short battle with your thoughts while shoving in all the stuff you needed for the test into your backpack.

*You liked it didn't you?* Your concious asked. You shook the thought away.

*Imagine if you could feel that feeling everyday~*

"Aish..." You muttered and grabbed your pencil case. "I should really learn English one day..."

*L.Joe could teach you~ Imagine how it would be~*

"Aish, my thoughts are really messed up." You shook your head and stumbled out the door, wrapping a scarf around your neck.

L.Joe snapped out of his trance and quickly put his shoes on. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face whether he wanted to or not.

*Imagine how it would feel if you could do it to her~* L.Joe's thoughts said to him.

All he could do was struggle to go down the stairs without tripping in his daze.

"What time is it?" You asked, your voice muffled by your scarf covering half your face. You only did it so L.Joe couldn't see how red you were.

"Hmm? Oh... We've got at least an hour to get there..." he checked his phone, covering his smile with his other hand.

"Okay." You swung the door open and skipped out into the cold morning air. You pulled down your scarf and let nature cool you down. "Where shall we go?"

"Let's just walk there slowly." L.Joe started to lead the way.

A few minutes into the silent walk, you decided to ask him something.

"Hey... Since you've lived for way longer than I have, do you possibly... maybe... know anything about my parents?" You asked.

There it went, his smile. It's gone, never to come back in the next few minutes.

He exhaled, leaving a trail of fog behind him. "Well... I guess I should say something else first."

You looked straight ahead, all ears on him. "Okay, go ahead."

L.Joe hesitated to start, worried for your reaction, but he knew he had to say this before anything about your parents were revealed.

"As you know, I have vampire blood. Vampires aren't the nicest creatures out there... They lose control many times in some points of their lives." L.Joe looked at you to see your reaction so far and saw that you weren't fazed at all. "I was born into a world at war. Vampires were at war with other species and they were at war within their own kind. My parents as you know, was a vampire and had the power of invisibility, which was a shameful thing for them."

You looked up at him and saw the troubled expression. "If you don't want to continue it's okay..."

"No, I need to tell you this..." L.Joe exhaled. "My mum... was killed by my dad's family as soon as she had me. Vampires are strict and merciless creatures, they also tortured my father. He had always been ashamed of me because I reminded him too much of my mother. He had begged for my survival with his family, he wanted to prove that I could be a worthy bloodthirsty vampire. He was always strict with me. Each day, he had trained me to become what everyone expects me to be, a killing machine."

You felt deeply saddened by his story. Why would a father be like that to his own son? Were vampires really like that?

"So... I just want you to know how I was raised. I had to prove that I had been raised properly... by..." he couldn't make himself say it.

You stopped him in his tracks and gave him a hug. "You don't have to say anymore..."

L.Joe knew he had to, but he just couldn't. He didn't want to, he didn't want you to know anything, as selfish as it sounds. He didn't want you to hate him, he didn't want you to leave him. He had been battling with these thoughts as soon as he had known about your curiosity with your parents. He wanted to tell you himself but he couldn't get the words out. He at least wanted you to know that he knows what happened, but even with that, he couldn't tell you.

He couldn't help but shed a few tears over how cowardly he felt. Why couldn't he just tell you there and then? Why did he always had to hide everything?

"I'm sorry..." L.Joe wrapped his arms around you too. "I'm really sorry..."

"There's nothing to be sorry about." You rubbed your hand on his back in a comforting manner.

*If only you knew, there's a lot of things I'm sorry for.*

"Let's just go and finally meet whoever this guy is." You pulled back and smiled.

L.Joe turned away and blinked back the tears. He hated how he had cried in front of you. He hated how weak he seemed.


I decided to update today because of... TEEN TOP'S SECOND ANNIVERSARY~ YAAAY~

^Ohohoho~ XD

Anyway... I made a tumblr guise! Just a few days ago and I already have 180+ posts XD Here's my url: http://high-off-kpop.tumblr.com/

Sorry for the really long A/N T___T gifs just wont stay beside each other... *sigh*

Thanks to funkytia94 , B2UTYnSONE , FrancesO , amtv0925 kpop23 and luvasians for subscribing! :D