You Changed

Sent to a Bloodsucker

You and Hyo were now 12 years old.

It was your birthday today but only Hyo and the owners if the orphanage knew about it.

"Happy Birthday!" Hyo beamed, handing you a handmade bracelet he made out of leaves and rocks glued together during arts and crafts.

"Thank you!" You gratefully received and put it on. "It's cool how you braided it!"

He blushed. "It took me a while to make..."

"Children~! We have a new family wanting to adopt~!" Mrs Shin sang. "Mrs Lee is out picking up a new orphan, so if you'd like, you might want to wait for him to arrive." She said to the family.

"Oh it's fine." The mother smiled.

All the children angellicaly stood in line, all with a smile, except for the two kids at the end.

You and Hyo frowned at the mother, father and bratty daughter. They all were posh and had the most expensive brands of clothing on.

*Why would people like them want to come here...* You and Hyo thought in unison.

The past bullies were eventually adopted into a new family, but that didn't mean they weren't replaced with worse bullies. You two were the only ones who weren't adopted for the past few years and were outcasted for it.

"Mummy, let me choose." The little girl ordered.

"Okay honey." Her mum obeyed.

She started at the end of the line and carefully checked each person like they were a toy. She popped her bubblegum at everyone she didn't like.

"Eww..." She insulted a girl. "Use something called a straightener." She grabbed a lock of curly hair and flicked it away.

The girl wanted to smack her right there and then, but if she did, the family would sue. 

The posh girl eventually came closer and closer to you and Hyo, until she stopped in front of Hyo.

"Mm... Daddy, he looks nice." She smiled sweetly.

Hyo scrunched up his face and stood closer to you.

"Honey, you're looking for a brother... Remember that..." Her dad reminded her.

"Hmm..." She waved his words off like it was nothing and placed a hand on Hyo's chest. "How old are you?"

A cold uncomfortable shiver ran down his spine. "I'm... 10." He lied.

Mrs Shin laughed awkwardly. "He's lying, he's 12, turning 13 in December."

"Ah, that's convenient. I'm 13 turning 14 next year. We're pretty close in age, some people might even mistake us to not be siblings." She got closer to him.

You couldn't help but gag. *She's so young but so flirty!*

Her attention switched to you and she stared down at you with a disgusted expression. She judged the clothes you were wearing compared to the other kids. You're clothes were tatterd and torn and covered in dirt. Your hair was tangled and messy unlike the other kids.

"You have some guts to do what you did." She scoffed. "You ugly little girl..."

"Hey, don't say that." Hyo snatched her wrist from his chest and shoved her back. "You have no right to judge people."

She was speechless. "Excuse me?"

"I said, you have no right to judge people." He repeated.

"N-Nuh uh... You did not... Just say that... To me!" She waved her hand in the air in front of her.

Hyo avoided being hit by her hand. "Can you stop?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

She was speechless again before she burst. "Listen here orphan boy! I'm here with my family to adopt you! Okay?! You should be grateful that we're willing to take you in after your parents abandoned your !" She grabbed his wrist and pulled him with her.

He pulled his hand away and stepped back to stand beside you once again. "You don't know anything about my parents. I'm glad they ditched me, if they didn't, I wouldn't have met her." He quickly linked his arm around yours.

Your cheeks burned red.

"OHH!" She huffed. "You're going to regret this! You're still cute now but once you're ugly, noone will adopt you!" She stomped on the ground and whirled around to her parents.

The door opened and came in Mrs Lee and the new orphan.

"You!" The girl pointed to the 8 year old boy. "We're adopting you!"

The boy was stunned and confused but went along with it anyway.

Hyo prepared for scolding by Mrs Lee and Mrs Shin, but he was glad he still could stay with you.

You played with your bracelet while Hyo was being lectured for his behaviour.

"Listen young man, you won't be adopted with that behaviour." Mrs Shin rubbed her temples.

"That's the point, I don't want to be adopted." He talked back.

Mrs Lee stared at him unbelievingly. "Of course you do! Every child wants a loving family to be with!"

"I don't need a family, I have ______." He said.

"It's that girl..." Mrs Lee muttered over to Mrs Shin. "She's a nuisance to him."

"Hyo..." Mrs Shin placed a hand on his leg. "There are always other girls out there, prettier and smarter than her. Don't stick with her, you'll regret it."

He smacked her hand away. "I won't regret it."

"You won't be with her forever, sooner or later, you'll be married to a wonderful girl and forget about her!"

"Lies! I can be with her and I will! I will marry her and you can't stop me!" He shouted and stormed out of the room, running to where you were.

You were shocked seeing him so angry. "What's wrong?"

"People are the same... They just judge on appearance and call everyone else bad names just to feel good." Hyo was frustrated.

"I-It's not about me again... Is it?" You whispered sadly.

He looked into your eyes and saw the hurt in them. "No, they didn't mention you."

You forced a small smile. "That's good then."

He smiled back and admired your optimism.

"Thanks Hyo... for sticking up for me today..." You thanked.

"It's no biggie, I'll do anything for my best friend."

"I'm really grateful to have you by my side."

"I promise to not leave you until we die." He wrapped his pinky around yours.

----

Both of you were now 16.

Hyo was always rejecting new families and refused to be adopted unless you were too.

You sat against the building outside while the children were eating inside. There were a lot of teenagers this year at the orphanage and they weren't very nice at all.

You stared at the grass and combed your hand through your tangled black hair. *Argh, I hate this...*

*CRASH!*

A rock was thrown out of the building through the window above you, sending shards of glass falling down onto your skin.

You let out a terrified scream and scurried to your feet. Indeed, there were a lot of big pieces pierced into your arms and legs.

The boys guilty for the rock ran outside and laughed at your state of pain.

"Hey freak, show us your power!" One called with the others agreeing.

You felt like crying there and then, slowly pulling out the glass out of your arm and dropping it to the ground.

They laughed and watched in awe, seeing your skin heal.

"What a freak." They pointed.

You pulled out the last shard of glass and dropped limpy to the ground, letting tears fall to the grass.

"What a loser too."

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" Hyo screamed at the boys.

"Look, superdork is coming to the rescue."

"You bastards don't have a heart do you?!" He ran over and helped you up. "You can't just do that to a girl!"

"But she isn't a girl, she's like... a monster." They laughed. "She fits the description; ugly.. ugly, ugly."

Your tears just flowed out even more.

"You'll regret this one day." Hyo hissed and helped you walk away.

That night, Hyo made a plan of escape. Both of you ran away while everyone else were sleeping, away from the orphanage to start a new life.

-----

"Do you still remember that time?" Hyo asked.

"What time?" You croaked and sniffed.

"That time when we promised that we'll get married." Hyo smiled to himself.

You lowered your eyes. "But we were foolish kids..."

"But my heart still beats the same for you as it did back then." He lifted your chin up to look at him.

Your eyes darted away. "Stop... I don't love you and I never will, please just understand that." You begged.

His hopes decreased and he nodded. "I'll still try to change your mind."

"Hyo..." Your voice trembled. "I appreciate the friendship we had but you changed. You bashed those guys up at the orphanage! They were just foolish peo-"

"They hurt you." He cut in.

"But they didn't deserve to be critically hurt like that!"

"They did if they hurt the love of your life!" Hyo shouted. You flinched at the volume of his voice. "Do you love someone as much as I love you?! No,  so you wouldn't understand! You drive me insane!"

There was a silence between the both of you until you spoke up. "I'm sorry Hyo... I just can't return your feelings..."

"Why? Why can't you? We've been together for nearly our whole life times! Why can't you just love me back?" His voice was shaking.

"I can't return your feelings... If I hadn't already given them to someone else..." You whispered.

Hyo heart stopped beating. His eyes lowered in realisation and his breath was short.

"...Why?" He sniffed.

"We're so similar in so many ways... He comforts me in a way you don't. I just feel overjoyed when I'm with him, but when I'm with you... I just feel disappointed..." You trailed off. "I wish we still can be best friends-"

"I knew it..." His voice came out more angered than sad. "You fell in love with him so stupidly!"

He rose to his feet and stared down at you. "I'll get my revenge..."

"Wait, no! Don't! Hyo don't do it!" You grabbed his hand and desperately pulled him back.

"You said it yourself. You love him and not me. If I can't have you, then noone else can." He cried and ran off.

All your hopes disappeared with him as you sat on the ground and cried. "What have I done?"


Hey guise! Updated again today while I was really meant to start on my geography assignment XD I just couldn't help myself!

GUISE. I CAN'T EXPRAIN WUT I FEEL. XD EXO... What have you done to my accent...

Okay... Now... TIME TO CELEBRATE! WE HAVE REACHED OVER 100 SUBBIES FOR THIS STORY~~ Okay for other authors it'll probably be like: meh, we got it way earlier.

But for me, I'M HAVING A DANCING PARTY TIME~ lol B1A4.. .What have you done to my english XD

Okay honestly, I didn't proof read this chapter cuz... I'm too lazy XDD

Thanks to JacqSiaw94 (100th subbie!) , YoungestGirl96 and TeenTopFan165 for subscribing! :D