Separated

Sent to a Bloodsucker

Sooner or later, the big test finally came. You waved goodbye to L.Joe, who was still bruised and struggled to walk on his own, and met up with Ricky and Changjo.

"Nervous?" Changjo asked, looking down at you.

You gave a small nod in reply and swallowed.

The whole year were huddled together to enter the hall. Many were hesitant, trying to delay everything as much as possible.

"You'll do good. At least you studied, unlike us," Ricky laughed and high-fived Changjo.

You didn't see the reason behind the hi-five. Didn't they want to pass the test?

"If you're wondering why we don't have much care in this, it's because we already have jobs," Changjo smiled.

Ricky agreed. "We also have connections which help a lot too."

*Lucky...* You thought.

"Students with the surnames from A to M this way, N to Z that way," the teachers instructed.

Changjo made an unhappy face. "This way I go..." He pointed to his direction and pushed through the crowd.

"From here, surnames from N to U over here. The rest, over there," the other teacher pointed the directions.

"This is where we part, fighting!" Ricky cheered and held up a fist.

"Fighting!" You returned the smile and held up a fist like him.

You were finally seated in your allocated table and took deep breaths.

The environment was strict and tough. The tension in the air made everyone's palms sweat as they grip on their pencils.

The teacher's booming instructions went into your ear and went out the other. You felt yourself shake in the nervousness.

*You can do this... There's still more tests to come...* You said, but that didn't help.

As time passed, the words you were waiting for finally were spoken.

"You may start."

L.Joe stayed outside the school gates. He planned to wait until you were finished with your test so the both of you could go to the meet up spot.

Hours passed as he sat outside the school,  massaging the pain in his knees. He wondered if he still could stand.

A black van drove up in front of him as the door slid open to reveal several guards. At first L.Joe thought they might've been there for him, but they ignored his presence and headed straight for the school. The guards opened the gates for them to walk through and inside the school.

L.Joe was confused, a bad feeling swirled inside of him. He quickly thought of you and hoped you were doing okay.

Time passed and the bell rung to signal the end of the test and school for your year.

You stood up and stretched, feeling quite satisfied with the test.

Ricky and Changjo found you in an instance and acted as a barrier for you in the crowd.

"How was the test?" you asked.

"It was okay," Changjo admitted. "Didn't understand the whole maths part though..."

"Same!" Ricky hi-fived him once again. "The rest was pretty okay."

"Wow, you guys must be geniuses if you found it okay without studying," you said sincerely, looking up at them.

"We were just joking, it was hard," Changjo ruffled your hair.

"Super hard, I guessed nearly all of it," Ricky sighed.

You shook your head with a smile. "It must be good to be covered with jobs already then."

The teachers lead the students out of the hall to the front of the school where students were free to go home. As students dispersed, you spotted L.Joe's bright hair near the gates of the school. You were about to run to him, when guards blocked your way.

"Excuse me miss, but are you Park _______?" one of them asked.

You were confused and looked at their expresionless faces.

"Sorry sir, but is there something wrong here?" Changjo asked, standing behind you protectively along with Ricky.

"Mind your own business boys, this doesn't concern you," the other guard pushed Changjo back.

Changjo and Ricky were offended. "She is our business."

"Don't get yourselves caught up with this, boys," the other guard said nicely.

"Look, what's your problem?!" A boy asked loudly.

All the attention was focused on Yuhan angrily trying to get past the guards. Hyo, Hyun, Jisu and Haewon were also surrounded by guards.

That's when you realised what was going on.

"You are under arrest for illegal tresspassing," the guard blocking Hyo said, grabbing him.

The guards blocking you also tried to grab you, but Changjo and Ricky stopped them.

"Run!" Ricky ordered.

You felt guilty and knew if you ran, you'd feel even more guilty. "Ricky... Changjo..." you mumbled. You looked to your right and saw Hyun getting arrested easily. He didn't even try to escape like the others.

"No! Put me down! This is weird!" Yuhan flailed around on the guard's shoulder.

You looked around and saw Yunji and Jihee standing on the sides of Jaesun. You met eyes with him and saw the concern and worry in his eyes. He was about to walk to you, when Yunji and Jihee stopped him.  

"Don't go to her, you don't know who she is," Yunji said.

"She's a traitor, that's what she is," Jihee laughed along with Yunji.

Jaesun felt angered. "She's not a traitor! She's my friend!"

He pulled away from their grip and ran to you, only to be blocked by another guard.

"Don't get yourself in this kid," he said.

L.Joe turned his head and saw the chaos in the school,  forcing himself to stand, gripping onto the wall.

"________!" he shouted your name.

"It's him," someone said, standing right beside you. You looked up and saw Hyun in cuffs with guards behind him.

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"He's the one who killed them," Hyun said.

Changjo and Ricky turned to listen, but were caught off guard and pushed away. The guards grabbed your arms and stopped you from moving.

"What are you saying?" you asked him.

"L.Joe saw your parents die, he heard their begs of mercy and ignored them, he killed your parents, and he needed to kill you," Hyun laughed with no feelings. "Are you glad? You've been in love with your parent's murderer."

Ricky and Changjo stood back like statues, taking in all they heard.

"You glad that we're going home?" Hyun smiled, being taken away by the guards.

The guards didn't hear what Hyun said because they were too busy taking orders from the government.

"Yes boss, we'll take them back to the other side soon," one said.

You were still speechless, refusing to understand the situation. You heard your name being called and looked up. A sudden rush of fellings overwhelmed you. You didn't think you'd ever feel like this to L.Joe ever, you felt hate, disgust and horror.

You let the guards take you away, away from the school, away from your friends, and away from L.Joe.

L.Joe tried to push through the crowd to get to you, in hopes that you wouldn't be taken away. But seeing your face, something made him feel like you hated him, and that even if he got to you, you wouldn't go with him.

"______!" He called.

"I hate you," the words spilled out of your mouth. You were just as shocked as L.Joe was.

Soon enough, he was pushed back to the ground. L.Joe stayed in pain, both physically and emotionally.

Ricky and Changjo stood over him. "Hyung, you got some big explaining to do."

L.Joe didn't hear anything, all he could hear was his heart breaking as he saw your face one last time before the door closed.

 


DUN DUN DUN.

Thanks to  honeybunsugarplum , littleRin , Animeakume , infiniteinvazn and Dianelamusiclover for subscribing! :D